The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 56 of 61
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 61 Next
Hi my little Cuz @clairemarie!
Just woken and made a cuppa after four hours sleep full of dreams about mice! I hate the little blighters!
You asked about my tracker etc?..i dont have one. Over the years ive done graphs etc,and they dont work for me. I have to employ the sly approach ..i.e., sorta kid myself i' m not watching my weight as the more i watch,the less i lose. Therefore i fast twice a week and i roughly cal count on feed days but i dont get weighed very often...say,once a month.
My FD journey is, lost nothing for the first five weeks then lost two stone between sept- dec2013.
2014 was disastrous,full of fails and restarts,loses and gains,put all the weight back on for a variety of reasons - just lost my mojo really. 2015, i' m determined it wont be a repeat of '14 so am just slogging along and trying to make the journey as positive,interesting and creative as possible! :like: X
How are you doing in the snow @clairemarie
Well it's fast day again @clairemarie We have just had a tremendous hail storm but nothing to what you have had from what I hear. I hope you are getting by OK. Quiet day today. Shortly I am going to sort out the freezer - all the portions of left over dinners that are in there and make an up to date list. I am hoping to find some ratatouille to go with some gammon ( ham steak ) tonight. Aqua as usual this afternoon.
Well @LilI spent the snow day sipping bloody Mary's and looking out the window! My house is a good 599 ft off the rd so the plow truck showed up around 2p then had to shovel two foot of smow off the car, Well its that time of year and we can expect this smow behavior for about 6 weeks. Just depends which direction the storms blow off the ocean. We call them Nor'easters. They come summer or winter, fierce winds and snow or rain depending on the time of year. 4 more inches due Friday and potential big storm early next week. Dinner tonight two turkey roll up and a sweet potato salad with kale, red pepper, jicama dressed with rice wine vinegar.
@Lilhow frightening for your daughter. She is fortunate that she herself was not hurt! Poor thing she must be shaking. I used to use publictransprt all the time and all hours and there cn be some pretty creepy dangerous people lurking. It is easy to get lulled to sleep after a long day at work. I lrearned to carry a small shoulfer type purse and wear it under my coat. It's no way to live but better safe than sorry.
Just sitting at the computer when your message popped up@clairemarie I'm glad to hear you are surviving. I'm not sure I could cope. I become increasingly nervous about driving in snow as I get older. I actually had a set of winter tyres for my birthday present birthday before last. Of course the roads are not cleared as efficiently in this country. I doubt your road would be cleared at all over here only main routes are gritted and the rest of us just have to get by till it melts.
Nearly finished my fast. It has seemed a particularly difficult one today. I even had to take some pain killers for a headache this afternoon which is most unusual.Just reading about your dinner is staring to make me feel hungry again! Just hope my body is busy eating up some fat! I've just caught up with Corrie ( making pom poms all the while). I shall have a hot chocolate and then it's bed time for me. Keep warm!
@CandiceMarie I understand your strategy. maybe if you eliminated sugar bread pasta and choose food from the glycemic index you might have more consistent results. It has worked for me and whenever I go back to sugar bread and pasta the weight magically reappears. I am guessing because we are cousins we have the same problem.
@Lil I am guessing you have a light weight car. It is very helpful to put some bags of sand inside your 'boot' over the rear tires. The extra weight gives better traction!
Hi @clairemarie yes our carb addiction runs in our family!
I can and have ditched pasta and rice and i hardly eat spuds or pastries and not much sugar..but i find it really really hard to give up bread totally. I have two or three slices several days a week!
I have to tackle that next but doubt i' ll ever give it up totally! Even tho it bloats me big style! X
Thanks for the tip@clairemarieWe don't get much snow but because the roads aren't treated it partially melts then refreezes and the roads are icy. We have had some snow this year and I do think the tyres have helped. We didn't have any snow at all the first winter I had them but I'm not complaining.
My daughter seems OK . She is just frustrated that she had just put a 32 Gb sim card her brother gave her into her very old phone and the purse was a new one she had for Christmas. Apart from that the value of the goods was not much.
Night night!
@CandiceMarieI have to flood myself with water for several days to get rid of carb weight gain. Bread is inflaming you and sopping up all the water in your body. Call it osmosis if you want but if you pump up the water your body is force to expel it all. Also, I learned from Fatdog that store made breads are the worst for the bloat factor do you think you could make your own?
Morning@clairemarie It's a new week. Another tiny loss for me but at least it's in the right direction if glacially slow. I'm still not back to my lowest pre Christmas weight but there's no hurry. It feels cold here but nothing like what you are having! I hope you are keeping warm.
I've been to aquajog as usual this morning.The leisure centre are talking about stopping the class as the numbers have been falling. I hope not it is such good value exercise in a short space of time. I bought 2 more jumpers in a charity shop to unravel for pom pom wool. I think I am going to do a chicken and aubergine bake for dinner tonight.
@Lil my weight has been all over the place this past week and a half. First, I guess I haven't done a proper fast in a week or two and second I have enjoyed the joys of ginger syrup along with my sodastream. My homemade gingerale was very tasty however the sugar to make the syrup if monumental. Back to the drawing board. I know ginger is anti inflammatory but along with sugar, which is inflammatory, the net result has been a weight loss stall plus. We have mountains od snow around here with another foot due over the weekend. It is impossible to navigate onto the road because the piles of plowed snow are so high you cannot see on coming traffic. It is very very dangerous. I hope aquajog continues for you as I know you really enjoy it. Maybe if they reschedule the classes to make it more convenient for all...
@clairemarie good to hear from you. I have been watching the weather in your part of the world - pretty difficult! Doesn't look like too big a gain considering the circumstances. Look where you are compared with last September! Just try and keep steady till things are a bit easier. I finally seem to have lost my 'Christmas weight' altho' I await next Monday's weigh ion with some trepidation. See you then. Keep Warm!
Hi there@clairemarie. Looks like you are in for more snow today - how deep is it now. We have been having a cold spell but mainly clear skies over the last few days. Today it had warmed up to 8 C. I had a good weigh in today - down to my lowest weight so far :grin: and almost at the interim weight I set for last year!! Still I do feel i have turned the corner after Christmas at last.
I've done my usual aquajog this morning. I then went round to see a friend of mine whose husband had a stroke last Friday - a big shock to us all. He seems to be making good progress but it's been a big shock. I have also been looking into booking a bus to take the guests at my son's wedding from the ceremony to the reception He and his girlfriend were back at the weekend and it's the first time I have seen them squabbling. Getting married is stressful so I thought i'd do my bit to help.
Turkey stir fry for us tonight - not long now!
Previous 1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 61 Next
903 posts Page 56 of 61