The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

903 posts Page 57 of 61
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 Next
Dear @Lil, I am thrilled with your weight loss achievement ! :wink: You must be over the moon right now. You are going to be a real glamor girl for the wedding! I think the bus is a fantastic idea and will be appreciated by all. What is the significance of the pom pom theme? It's good they're snipping at each other now as it is good practice on how to resolve issues in the future. Oh, the magic word, compromise. Well, I have just about had it with all the snow. I feel like the ice princess of Narnia right now. My roof is covered under a good foot of snow with icicles dripping right to the ground. My friend calls it icicle jail. There is about three foot around me with plowed banks at about five foot. It has been very difficult but what are you going to do but deal with it. Another storm is in the forcast for Thursday but I have made up my mind they we will NOT get it :wink: I do feel lucky out in the 'sticks' as there is plenty of room to put the snow. I feel really bad for those in the city because its just impossible. The state Governor declared a state of emergency for today so that other states can come in with snow melters and additional plows to help get rid of the fluffy stuff. The plan is to move it to the beaches and dump in ocean. Public transportation is also suspended for the day to try and clear the tracks. So yes I guess I have been eating more of the comfort foods. I have under better control though and am at 162.2 today. So I guess I am back on track. No more pasta and bolonese, or cookies etc, Monday's fast was a bust. So today has been successful...haddock for dinner. How are things going for hubby right now?
I have been thinking about you in all that snow @clairemarie Are you able to get to work? Also difficult going out for a walk I expect. Well today I have booked the bus so that's one job done. I have some stressful issues to deal with regarding my work which have cause a reappearance of my reflux symptoms - I had managed to get off the medication I had been taking for years but I'm back on it now. Also got a cold sore trying to put in an appearance but I'm slathering it in cream and think I have nipped it in the bud.
I'm off to aqua shortly so hopefully will be generating some endorphins. Tonight we are going to the cinema to see a performance of a Shakespeare play which is being filmed live in Stratford on Avon and transmitted to cinemas around the country. It is Loves Labours lost. We saw Much Ado About Nothing or Loves Labours Won last year which they are putting on as a pair. The Shakepeare plays at Stratford are so fantastic live - will be interesting to see how this works out. Hubby doesn't usually like the cinema but he is coming to this. He is back to normal now and blood tests last week were satisfactory. Next cycle of treatment is next week.
We are going to Oxford at the weekend to see elder son's new house and younger son's flat which we have not yet visited. Our daughter is coming back from Berlin for a few days so the whole family will be together. The boys have decided to come out for a meal en famille even though it is Valentines day. We are going to a Lebanese restaurant.
@Lil I am happy to report that the roads are now clear. But I have been slipping and sliding, stuck in snow banks, stuck ice and gingerly creeping to work everyday. It seems to me that I should receive some kind of medal for my dedication! 1 to three inches more in forecast for Thursday luckily I have the day off. My son and his girlfriend and her little boy coming from Ireland to me for the summer. I am very excited because it will be the first time we have met other than Skype. Hope the snow is melted by June lol. I always enjoy a good family get together so I will be thinking of you and yours over the weekend. I weighed myself again today and was very pleased. Would you be disappointed in me if I added it to my tracker for this week? Well, I am going to anyway as it is so very encouraging! 161!!!!!!!Enjoy the cinema. I saw Paddington Bear with grandson which was very fun.
Back home now@clairemarie It was very good. In some ways better than being in the theatre as you got close ups of the actors but not the same atmosphere. My dinner was under 300 cals so I am going to have some strawberries AND some hot chocolate ( low cal) before bed.
You enter weight on your tracker as often as you like! I enter my weight on Libra everyday which gives me a trend weight which can be encouraging if I have a sudden upward blip or keep my feet on the ground if I have a particularly low weight one day.
I hope you escape the worst of the snow tomorrow
Yikes! Snow alert now also on for Saturday. It's tough but doable out where I live but the urban areas are really crippled. So bad that heavey equipment is being brought in from surrounding states and National Guard are plowing and shoveling. Still it is better than tornadoes, or earthquakes etc. this part of the country is really very fortunate in terms of weather. We are all very lucky that the power is still on. In past years when we get the heavy snows we lose power for 3-7 days, now that's bad. I am debating on weather to shovel out a snow patio and have a cookout in the snow or maybe I am just as happy in front of a warm fire. Salmon tonight.
Snow shoveling is good exercise@clairemarie :wink:
:curse: More snow for tomorrow! What ever happened to global warming@Lil? It seems that I have shoveled a path to the car, a path to the back door, a path to the front door and a path for the heating oil delivery man every other day. Why I have even had to shovel off my car just to find the door handle! :curse: :curse: and double :curse: !
I used to like the winter but water is now dripping into bathrooms one and two, the length of my bedroom ceiling, my guest room, and the dining room. My daughter had to climb a ladder this morning to the roof to shovel that off too! I stood at the bottom to hold the ladder for fear it would slide on the ice or she would get blown off by the high winds....mind you it was 1 degree Farenheit this a.m.! Needless to say I emphatically did not fast today! Tomorrow might be better.
Don't know if your news broadcast covered it but the public transportation in Boston was paying 30 dollars an hour to anyone willing to shovel off the train tracks! That's how bad it has been. They probably didn't get a great response considering the frigid temp. so they had prisoners out there doing it!
Daughter is taking off for Florida in two weeks I might just try Aruba except who would run around the house to empty all the buckets of water dripping thru the house?
Sorry but I have had a bad day and am worried to sleep in my bed for fear the ceiling might collapse on me in the middle of the night. Wish I knew how to send you pics from my phone.
Sounds tough@clairemarie. I hope it warms up a bit for you soon - but not too quickly or you will have a flood. I had a small gain this week but after book club meal on Thursday, welcome home meal with daughter on Friday which somehow seemed to involve 3 bottles of wine between the three of us and then weekend in Oxford including lunch and dinner out and much cake I am grateful for small mercies! My daughter is also doing 5:2 so happy to have meals provided. 2nd cycle of treatment for hubby today and tomorrow. I'm making him take the anti sickness pills from the start not just when he feels he needs them this time. He's had a good dinner including a pancake for pancake day tonight. He is going to go on his own tomorrow so I will be able to go to my usual aqua aerobics . Good luck for tomorrow
@Lil I had a good day today. Protein shake around 10a at 100cals, dinner salmon and homemade sauerkraut, don't know cals but seems it couldn't be more than 400. Have a coworker from Ukraine that kindly shared her sauerkraut with me and the method to make it. Since I use minimal sugar I have developed a love of vinegar so the sauerkraut(vinegarless) is very satisfying. That weight gain your experiencing is nothing more than inflammation due to carbs...couple of days and lots of water will bring you back down. Least ways that's how carbs affect me. I am on for Weds fast as well.
Hi @clairemarie a bit late in the (my) day but here i am. A good weigh in for me today! This is the first time I have weighed under 154lb ( which is 11 stone) on a Monday. That was my interim target for my second year - 119 weeks in I made it. Still any progress is good progress. We had a fairly quiet week last week with no eating out which probably helped.I am still having a very stressful time with work issues but am gradually working through them. It was nice having our daughter home last week. She has gone to London for a few days before flying back to Berlin on Thursday.
Hubby seems to have tolerated his second cycle of treatment a bit better or should I say he seems to have recovered a bit quicker.
I am cooking a chicken casserole with pearl barley for tonight - just made it up and weighed everything I put in it rather than following a recipe
I see it's still pretty cold over your way , i hope you are coping all right.
Book Club for me tonight - just have to say no to all the nibbles etc!
@Lil I bet your happy seeing 153.6! I can hardly wait. No progress for me however. Still 162. I am thinking that the body acclimates and hovers at a certain wait until it's ready to drop a little more. At least that is my current theory. At first start of 5:2 I lost pretty quickly and then s l o w e d down, and the last 6 months I lost consistently and now I am s l o w i n g down. It is good though because I am not going up.
Yesterday was 35 degrees outside and funny enough it felt like a beautiful spring day. It is funny when it first turned 35 in early winter it felt awfully bone chilling and yesterday I went without a coat. There was great melting of snow so that was a relief as well and the roof finally stopped leaking. Spring is 5 weeks away hooray! I picked the absolutely worst time to get a new puppy because its so cold to take him outside and has been getting lost in the snow!
Good news for hubby! Don't know whats going on at work but if its causing you a flare of reflux I would say see you later...you retired remember?
Hi @Lil hope Wednesday goes well for you. My weight remains the same this week but I remeasured the waist and I am down to 34.5 in so I am very pleased. I had a greek yogurt 120 cals around 10 this a.m. and am planning cod and green salad for dinner.
Rather late in the day @clairemarie I'm just back in from a women's group I belong to and now on my way to bed with a mug of mint tea. Been a busy day - not much time to think about being hungry! Good news on your reducing waist line. I hope you are keeping warm. Enjoy the rest of your day
Well it's another week@clairemarie Looks like your weather is still not too good. A very small gain for me today but after last week I am not too disappointed - I am still under 1 stone (154lb) - just!
We went out yesterday to look at snowdrops - very pretty. Lots of spring flowers starting to pop up!
I've been to aquajog as usual today and someone has asked me if I would like to go to zumba with her this evening - I may give it a go. I love dancing so it may suit me.
I am planning fish with a pea, lentil and bacon braise for dinner tonight
@Lil, I hear zumba is great exercise. I am not coordinated enough. Give it a shot. It was very unkind of you to mention spring flowers lol. Winter is starting to warm up, more snow last night. Everyone is feeling a bit blah. The month of March is the hardest month of the year for me to endure. On the happy side, I am not too far behind you on the scale. 159 for me! I have not been in this zone for at least 27 years. I will also have fish tonight. I thinks salmon with mustard and dill...my puppy is a fish lover!
Previous 1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 Next
903 posts Page 57 of 61