The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 1 of 5
CAMBRIDGE MEET
17 May 2014, 17:23
With all this chat of meet ups it's time for another one in East Anglia.

Perhaps a bring and share picnic beside the river Camb, even a bit of punting.

So who's up for it?

The train is an option for those travelling from a bit further afield, and or park no ride from the outskirts.
21st. June
28th June
5th July

I'm suggesting end of June to guarantee some nice weather
@madcatlady
@loulou51
@Stowgateresident
@Wendy darling

@SianS
@nursebean
On the train up from down your way perhaps.
Re: CAMBRIDGE MEET
17 May 2014, 18:57
I'd love a meet up and was about to say 'no' to all those dates but could get a train on the first 2 and will be at Woburn on the 5th July and OH and DS will be at Silverstone that day.
Consider me a strong maybe, but don't plan around me :smile:

Edit Oh Yikes they will be at Silverstone with the car, so maybe not then
17 May 2014, 19:14
That's a good start Sian, and I can't wait for you totell me about woburn. We could come to woburn. Now that's a thought. A spa day.
17 May 2014, 21:46
I think I could only do the first one, 21st June. Used to come to Cambridge when I was doing my OU degree.
17 May 2014, 21:54
Thank you Caroline. I think I can do any of those dates.

So did I @loulou51
18 May 2014, 00:06
I was really pleased when I saw this - until I saw the dates! :frown: I am off on a cruise from the 22nd June to the 6th July and don't really think that, with the best will in the world, I would be able to spare the time to meet up on the 21st! So for me, it will have to be a 'see you next time'! :cry: Sorry to miss the fun! Valerie
05 Jun 2014, 20:31
We could go for early august . Who wants to set the ball rolling then with dates. I. Free after 3rd.
05 Jun 2014, 21:01
I think I am mostly free after the first weekend in August. I am going to Wales to see mum and dad at some point but I haven't arranged anything yet. Weekends and weekdays are all good for me in the school hols :) not sure how others are fixed though?
05 Jun 2014, 21:54
How about a Wales meet @loulou51 when you're there?
05 Jun 2014, 22:10
Just like you Lou Lou I can do most of August. 6 weeks to go.
06 Jun 2014, 00:07
Oh, yes please! I would find Tuesday s impossible in any month and can't do Saturday 16th August because of a wedding but can make any other day. I'm looking forward to it already! Valerie
06 Jun 2014, 02:21
Aw, I was in Cambridge on the River Cam on May 25. My friend and I reenacted a selfie we had taken years ago, before selfies were called selfies. There were pirates in the background acting silly and flying a pirate flag. It was awesome. I wish I could be there again for a meet up!
06 Jun 2014, 07:13
Can I possibly gate crash your Cambridge meet please? I'd love to meet you all and it does depend on the date but......

Ballerina x :heart:
06 Jun 2014, 07:48
Of course @Ballerina

Great @StowgateResident

Ok @MaryAnn I'm not very happy to see that you were so close to me and @madcatlady we could have seen you. :frown:
@SianS how about it.
A day in cambridge a picnic by the river and a play in a punt. This is looking brilliant,

The more the merrier.
06 Jun 2014, 10:22
Awwww can I come too but slight problem ... bit far away :mrgreen:
70 posts Page 1 of 5