The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 2 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 Next
Took two bags of clothes to the charity shop today. I then bought a dress and little cardi from the supermarket for a £10
Well done! This is going to become addictive!
fantastic idea for a tent! I won't go into specifics, but I have a lot of clutter to clear, and now particularly as I hear today one of my best friends will be coming down to Melbourne in a few weeks - maybe one corner of a room at a time? Love the idea of doing it on fasting days - like...tomorrow!! I'll let you know how I go!
Yaayyyy well done everyone, some funny stories there.

@winsome I did that with a pair of jeans, they were too small, I got them out of the charity bag when I grew back into them and this weekend I got rid of them because they were too big. Shame because I did love them. I also got an old navy blazer out of a charity bag. Not too sure about it though as it might be old fashioned now
Ever since starting 5:2, its made sense for me to declutter on fast days..they go hand in hand fir me..also the doing of slightly unpleasant chores that have been getting put off and put off. All adds up to a satisfying fast n repair day.
@winsome i' m about to chuck out old pillows..need new ones first tho..
Its a bit tricky coz i like a thin flat pillow and theyre hard to find, i think..tho its so long since i bought any i'm not sure! :confused:
Also about to chuck out tumblers in bathroom - again need to buy new ones first
Does it still count @Wendy Darling if we declutter something but replace it? X
My de-cluttering goes hand in hand with selling on ebay. But, to help this thread. A little tip I saw on pinterest is to turn all the hangers with clothes on the same way in your wardrobe. Then when you wear and item turn the hanger the other way. By the end of the season/ year you will clearly see which items you haven't worn.

I think tomorrows de-clutter will include hubby's shirts as he never wears them any more.
Oh I like the sound of this tent. I started de-cluttering a few months ago as I'm moving sometime this year, but keep putting it off as we all do. Doing a bit every fastday will help me no end. Tomorrow I will sort out all my daughters clothes and shoes. I hate throwing anything away and my daughters clothes are like new (she grows too fast) so will be giving them to a family down the road who has younger daughter. Thanks for this tent, I need it :)
Hum, I have a loft that has not seen a visit for more than a decade. I need to employ some help. Not top of priorities yet but certainly on my mind!
Getting my OH to part with things is the hardest task ever! He brought back an old tap from the auction house, because he couldn't part with it!!! At least we got rid of everything else we took there so a step in the right direction. :confused:
I'm playing today. These are all clothes that don't suit me - I've got to get rid of stuff that I don't like, so I make sure I wear the nice stuff, if that makes sense :confused:
Fasting today and I will recycle around a dozen glass jars I have been keeping because they might be useful. Have also arranged for a friend who is doing a car boot sale next month, to take my Tigger beanies. I have around 50 I used to collect. I will label them up and hope to make around €100 which will really help my duck house fund!
[quote="Julieathome"]A little tip I saw on pinterest is to turn all the hangers with clothes on the same way in your wardrobe. Then when you wear and item turn the hanger the other way. By the end of the season/ year you will clearly see which items you haven't worn.

@Julieathome you have just sent my OCD into overdrive and I am now hyper-ventilating at just the thought of ANY of my matching coat hangers facing the WRONG way :shock: NO....NO.....NO......I would rather lose my mind than.....oh....too,late huh? :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Great idea for a thread!
I've been gradually working my mind around decluttering for a while, with the intention of doing it in a few weeks time when I should have a good window.
I know I should probably just do it whenever I have an odd 15 minutes, but I kind of worked my mind around to the idea of losing weight for a few months before actually starting that too!
There is so much I need to shed, including in the shed (and garage) it's a bit daunting knowing where to start :0@
We had started a policy of an item or two daily from the junk room which seems to have petered out ...
I tried to chuck out my husband but he found his way back. No? I'll get me coat.......!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25 Next
364 posts Page 2 of 25