The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

364 posts Page 4 of 25
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25 Next
Books, what do people do with books? I would preferably like to sell them, but you just don't get much money for them. Plus books have been my friends for many years and I think of them as being worth more, much more than 50p. All my books are now in the attic, including about 20 years worth of various Encyclopedia's. I can't sell them on ebay as you only get 20 free listings a month now and Amazon costs too much, though the book stays on there till sold. I guess it will have to be Amazon. I did once sell a book on ebay for over £60. I'm awfully glad I checked its price before putting it up for 0.99p.
I am a huge hoarder and I have avoided this tent until today because the very idea of 'declutter' makes me anxious. But what a great tent and what a fantastic challenge. Now i am in.

On Monday I will start to get rid of something. A few years ago when I had long service leave it was my project to declutter the whole house, little by little. I got as far as the linen press and then I couldn't do it any more. So on Monday I will take everything out of the linen press and sort it out.

Meanwhile I am working on decluttering my mother's clothes. We sorted out her house a few years ago when she moved into a nursing home. That's a relief. So there's really only clothes. I have a big box which I will take to Red Cross.

The better items I will trade on the Community Exchange network. We have a local currency and we can make offers on that. So I have taken photos of various items and put them up on the offers list. Today I will iron the things that need ironing and photograph them and put them up as well. last night I traded our Champion Juicer for 350 local currency ( we call them CENTs - Community Exchange Network Tasmania.) I don't do juice anymore as I understand it is fattening, Is anyone else here involved in local currencies? I understand the Bristol Pound is really strong? It is a very satisfying way of getting rid of things you value but can't keep anymore.

Thanks for this tent. See you Monday after I've finished with the linen press.
Thankyou for getting this back, I searched for it but failed to find it! I am still with this one and will catch up when home. I fasted yesterday and will do so Monday when travelling home, so Tuesday I will find two things to throw. Back with it fully Wednesday.
Just read through all the posts. I thought it was just me but you all sound the same. We need @ballerina to sort us out I think
Julieathome wrote: Books, what do people do with books? I would preferably like to sell them, but you just don't get much money for them. Plus books have been my friends for many years and I think of them as being worth more, much more than 50p. All my books are now in the attic, including about 20 years worth of various Encyclopedia's. I can't sell them on ebay as you only get 20 free listings a month now and Amazon costs too much, though the book stays on there till sold. I guess it will have to be Amazon. I did once sell a book on ebay for over £60. I'm awfully glad I checked its price before putting it up for 0.99p.

https://www.greenmetropolis.com/
have a look here @Julieathome
I've bought and sold several books on here in the past. Used to see on Ebay but as you say, you usually only get pence for them. Having said though I once sold a book I'd paid 40p for in a jumble sale for £82 on ebay, my best profit ever! :grin:
I have bean good and put all the clothes that I took out of my wardrobe for the jumble sale in a black bin bag. I added a hat that was left behind by a workman in 2012 which I had kept in case he came back for it! In another bag I have put two books, a lampshade, a hard cosmetic case (the sort you use for dance shows) and assorted toiletries that no doubt have been in and out of jumble sales. The two bags are not out of the house yet but they are on their way.
Yes @Wendy Darling I've also been sorting out
Clothing into charity bags yet again this time not because they're to large but because there is now far to many again unfortunately I keep getting bags of hand me downs from friends and family!!! I keep selecting what I want to keep and the next day someone gives me another bag full, mine are all bagged up ready to be dropped off on Monday I now deliver all myself to the chosen charity because I don't trust these door to door charity pick ups, last year a friend took clothing to sell to one of our UK firms he told her that he's had people in with a van load of all the same charity bags, trying to sell them to him, some will be genuine but some
dodgy I suppose!!!. :like:
Oh @Sue.q that's awful!
Well done Sue. No, I never use those bags, in fact one of my friends uses them as black bin bags and puts her household rubbish in them!
@Wendy Darlingis this a good enough start for you? :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
So, how do I get the photograph printed? HELP......

Whatever the attachment was@Ballerina I think it's been censored!!!!!! 'cos it's not there any more! Was it naughty? Tee hee! :cool:
OOOOOOhhhh now it is !! And now it's gone again????
P.S. and now it's back! Yay! Good de cluttering !
image.jpg
NAUGHTY, me? Never! I did what I always did before the changes so it looks like I'm back to square one grrrrrrrr

Oh, just seen the photograph now, mmmmmm oh well, xx :heart:
I now need to go and lie down in a quiet, dark place but I don't think the regulars will allow me to switch off the lights and evict them :shock:

It's very weird @Ballerina your attachment keeps coming and going.....perhaps that bag of de- cluttering is shy! :confused:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25 Next
364 posts Page 4 of 25