The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

71 posts Page 3 of 5
wildmissus wrote: What is the temperature in your part of the world @rawkaren. If it's lovely and warm I'm wondering if we could all wangle an invite over to your place for some sunshine and all of the other non activities.

@wildmissus. Sorry to say but I have just been out for some fresh air. It's unseasonably warm (17deg) and sunny. They are calling it Junary here.... Sending a blast of sunshine into the tent. Alternatively, you can all pop over for the weekend. :lol:
Sounds wonderful Karen! any plans for your weekend or will you be working?
Mmmmm fancy a weekend in unseasonably warm temperatures.
Alternatively, I could have a duvet day tomorrow.
callyanna wrote: Sounds wonderful Karen! any plans for your weekend or will you be working?

Not working. Tomorrow is all about trying to find a place to colour my hair :lol: . Also need to do the cleaning etc :shock: .

Sunday morning I have an invite to go into San Francisco to meet one of my UK friends' aunt and uncle. They are going to do my orientation of the city and give me all the tips of where to go, what to see etc etc, which is lovely of them. I'm going to go in on the BART as I'm just by the station and so are they further down the line. I don't know what to take them as thank you gift.
rawkaren wrote:
callyanna wrote: Sounds wonderful Karen! any plans for your weekend or will you be working?

Not working. Tomorrow is all about trying to find a place to colour my hair :lol: . Also need to do the cleaning etc :shock: .

Sunday morning I have an invite to go into San Francisco to meet one of my UK friends' aunt and uncle. They are going to do my orientation of the city and give me all the tips of where to go, what to see etc etc, which is lovely of them. I'm going to go in on the BART as I'm just by the station and so are they further down the line. I don't know what to take them as thank you gift.

I suppose you've eaten all that lovely British choccy by now! :wink: :razz:
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote:

I suppose you've eaten all that lovely British choccy by now! :wink: :razz:

@silverdarling packed me off with a bar before I left. I finished the last two squares last night. But in between I have been sampling that black hawaiian salted caramel stuff :shock:
I'm trying to send our very hot weather your way all you cold UK peoples. While you are waiting for it I'll do what I'm named for and supply wine for anyone who needs a restorative drink. Orders please.
I don't guess you guys want to hear this but we've had quite a run if gorgeous weather here on my subtropical island--sunny and highs in the low 20s C. It'll be crazy humid before long so we've got to appreciate it while it lasts. It's usually more rainy in winter.
Not many patients in the tent at the moment. I got the impression that quite a few of us needed treatment? Maybe things are not too bad after all. :cool:
Yes I wonder how @PennyForthem is today

Bean :bugeyes:
[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachmentGorgeous wine meets the chocolate and wine emergency?
Well the hell did you get that from? @pennyforthem@silverdarling and @ballerina will be all over this. Possibly @callyanna and @carorees too. What a tease you are @janeg. Does this constitute medication perhaps???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tis emergency medicine , karen.
Seen lurking occasionally in the sandpit duty free.
It is expensive, even for here, and oh, so luscious. A mix of syrah, grenache,cabernet sauvignon, cinsault and viognier.
Yum yum.
Beloved has just asked Dr Google and it's available in the uk.
Morning tweeps and feeling much better today, thanks, beanie. A good night's sleep has helped a lot!
No, I don't think I'd go got that drink at all, so you can have my share, @janeg!
We have sun, blue skies and the calm before the storm. We are going to take a picnic and go to Flint castle with the cameras today. Why Flint? As you can see in the images, it's marooned on a sea of grass, except for very high tides - one of which is forecast at lunchtime today

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flint ... 66&bih=609

It's a rare occurrence for its moat to be totally flooded!

I'll pop back later to check on how you're all doing under the tender ministrations of team Rescuss!
OOh that looks good, I like a luscious, oomphy red! Cab Sav, Viognier does it for me!! A chocolately Shiraz, Mouvedre, Grenache floats my boat too!!!Harumph, have to wait until next week when I'm home :cry:

I may be back in here for some resuscitation if my weight keeps on wandering around the place. :frown:
71 posts Page 3 of 5