The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

71 posts Page 5 of 5
@Debs don't be disillusioned. Just take a short break and I'm sure you'll start to see the annoying bit of weight that won't come off...just fall away!

Have a little holiday :smile:

Bean :wink:
Lord knows what I ate yesterday, with bouncy grandsons laughing round the house, I remember at least getting apples into us all, and some tuna, but the rest is a haze of biscuits etc.
Intention is to eat when hungry today, no nibbling, and hope for the best as I'm 11st 4lbs on the scales today :0(
Thank you bean and all, I shall persevere, after all, what is the alternative?
Life and happiness ;0)
Checking in for rescus.....
I have tried to fast every day and caved. Today I was determined and then at a lunchtime meeting, one of my colleagues bought us all a burger http://www.in-n-out.com/. Within one hour I had palpitations - presumably from the salt. Oh my goodness, what do they put in the food here? Help :cry:
Good grief karen, they look enormous!

Salt as well as sugar and all the fat!

It sounds like sabotage to me!

But im struggling big time and sabotaging myself and need help as well.

Im already back on the scenic route until I can get out of this mess.

Take care.

Cheers
maggie
hang in there ladies!
Karen, have you given yourself a planned break? There has been soooooo much going on in your life, maybe something has to 'give'. Sitting down and planning your eating , as in eg I will eat what I want and be mindful about it for x amount of time. Then I will 16/8, 6:1, 5:2...
put a definite date on it and until then be kind to yourself.
You have done it before and can get back into it.
:clover:
Yikes Karen!!! Good idea of janeg's tho - and you are coming up to a little 'holiday' back in Blighty (and away from the States) so I would take it easy ... Perhaps do 16:8 but have what you fancy. Very very difficult tho, if you are in the sort of situation with colleagues where you have to eat, so much sympathy. :bugeyes:
Thanks @janeg, @maggiee and @silverdarling. I have had a good fast day today. Just one chia pot and a tomato and cucumber salad with cider vinegar. The weather has helped alot. It's probably the first time since I moved here that I have had the headspace to fast. I think I have fasted at least once every week since I came here but I do know that I have gained weight. Good job I don't have any scales here. So I think I have had my break already :shock:

I tried on my denim shorts today (I take a photo of me every month in them). They are a little tighter than last time, but not as bad as I thought. Onwards and downwards :grin:
Good on you Karen. You'll get your groove back. Hang in there girl. :)
Go easy on yourself @rawkarenAnd @Maggiee
I've found that concentrating on one good fast the more sensible way and as that went well I popped in another I honestly don't think I've done "true" fasts since week
2 on this WOL and as I've gotten away with it that wasn't a problem, first of many Karen hopefully for both of us.
Everyone says to sit it out eating healthy food that's easier for me than you Karen blimey no wonder you felt ill,
this has worked this week for @wildmissus she's back to her pre xmas weight lucky girl.
Maggie as I said before with your medication + family stress the 16:8 days are good for now don't be to hard on yourself and more importantly don't go AWOL from this forum because we're all here to help each other with
similar problems. :heart: Sue
71 posts Page 5 of 5