The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

964 posts Page 64 of 65
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 Next
Thanks @CandiceMarie! I tried on a lot of things, but I had a pretty strict budget. Anything I spent yesterday was coming out of my trip money, so I was very careful with my spending :-) Besides, I had just bought a black dress last week and what I really really needed was a black skirt that fit. I have plenty of pops of color I can add to black things as I always buy myself a few scarves when I go to France. I plan on getting a couple more at Galeries Lafayette next month!
@Stowegate Resident I'll go do that right now! I can even merge this thread into it :-)

Congrats on the fab deal :-) yes, our sizes are strange. Some items I'll pick up and they say US 14, UK 16 and some say UK 18. And they seem about the same fit, usually.
Re: Fashionista Tent
18 Jul 2016, 16:49
There you go, @StowegateResident :-)
18 Jul 2016, 18:58
How clever of you, @Tracieknits. I don't think that I have ever managed to post a photo, other than my avatar, but merging two threads... I'm speechless with admiration!
Perhaps some of our FastDay friends will share their fashion purchases with us! Hint! Hint!
18 Jul 2016, 20:29
Well Moogie did give me special skills :-)
19 Jul 2016, 11:45
Stowgateresident ,I am hopeless,I wouldn't know how to post a photo,but it's a great idea
19 Jul 2016, 16:11
I haven't been able to post a photo on my new iPad since March. Can on my iPhone though ... :confused:
20 Jul 2016, 08:45
Morning everyone!
I've just ordered, from White Stuff, two SLEEVELESS tops! I NEVER wear such things - unless I'm in bed!! I just thought I'd go crazy - and show off my new arms!! I wonder if I'll like them though - doh!!
BEan :confused:
20 Jul 2016, 11:51
Oh how fun! I hope you look great in them. Unlike Michelle Obama, I do not currently have the right to bare arms. She's freaking gorgeous :-)
20 Jul 2016, 11:57
Heehee, yeah I can't compete with Michelle! I hope my bingo wings won't flap around too much!! :shock:
20 Jul 2016, 12:15
Bean @nursebeanwell done on yr purchase..wd love to be able to bare my arms..i used to have such slender arms!
working in a hospital i used to be surprised when i noticed some older women in their sleeveless nighties had quite flabby and even lumpy upper arms..never knew it wd happen to me too..lots of flab and lumps :shock:
Actuallyicould live with flabby if they were at least smooth! :confused:
I so envy folk who can wear sleeveless stuff! Ps and dont even get me started on lumpy thighs...... :neutral:
22 Jul 2016, 00:56
Thought this was appropriate here, but see my recent Pants or Trousers thread for context...
I found a lovely solution to my pants having in general too small pockets for a phone. In particular for my new iPhone 6.
This is from CraftyWanda on Etsy. I special ordered her cell phone purse in a slightly smaller size, so it's really only big enough for the phone and my glasses if I stuff them in. I wanted something I could wear even around the house, but not feel like I was carrying a purse around my own home! :smile:
I also chose a different pattern, and had her shorten the strap so it wouldn't hang at my knees! All that for just $5 extra, or a total of $27. I'm pleased!
(apologies for the poor resolution. It's hard to make a pic that is small enough to post here. @Moogie, your tech team maybe could do something about that??)
22 Jul 2016, 11:28
We all have bits we don't like for me it's my belly,my arms are fine ,legs I can live with but my belly has gone weird it's never been really flat but now although I feel good,when I look in the mirror naked I just cringe
Menopause ? Not sure what to blame?.
22 Jul 2016, 11:40
@wendyjane i love Etsy and that purse! We wd call it a bag here in the uk..such a pretty design and worth paying to have it altered as its just the right fit for you
Also admiring yr nice trim figure!x
@newgirl yes we're never satisfied are we...! We should just accept and love ourselves for our imperfections but somehow,most of us don't x
28 Jul 2016, 07:16
At least you didn't go for a bum bag @Wendyjane!! :lol:
28 Jul 2016, 07:54
Or a fanny pack as I believe it is known over the pond @nursebean! :shock:
Previous 1 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 Next
964 posts Page 64 of 65