The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 2 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
01 Feb 2014, 13:34
I love the February leaderboard at the moment. Just back from a very brisk 6 mile walk and too weary to work out how to capture it and paste it here :smile:
01 Feb 2014, 16:37
I have done my 30 mins on the dreadthrill and cannot synch my Fitbit.

:cry:

Now it may not rival you top bods, but I'd like to see my (so far today) 5989 steps up there.
Ah well, maybe, sometime, never.
01 Feb 2014, 17:08
image.jpg
Leaderboard for Sian
Here you go @SianS
01 Feb 2014, 18:01
Just back from a long walk round town - trawling round the shops really helps the step count! Doesn't help my bank balance, however...

#3 wahoo! Will enjoy it whilst it lasts :dance:
02 Feb 2014, 00:21
Wow I am surprised that I've managed to hold on to the top spot this long! I see Einat is on her way up though so I must celebrate the win while I can haha
02 Feb 2014, 00:36
Well done Tim :) Your treadmill is working wonders.

I got to almost 19k today which is quite an achievement at the mo. I've barely managed 10 since being in England. I love being here but am really missing my usual routine. My body is missing it I think. I feel stiffer and achy from sitting down too much and not being as active.

Does that happen to anyone else now that you've become more active? I'm sure it's not just in my head. Well at least I think it isn't!
02 Feb 2014, 00:41
Yea I am the same. I find my self standing much more than sitting etc
02 Feb 2014, 00:42
I, too, am aiming for a minimum 10,000 steps a day. Like many, I was really surprised by how few steps I walked during the day. I have started to get up 4 times a day at work and walk all around the building just to go to the bathroom that is 50 steps away - adds 700 steps to my total! I also get to work early and try to have 2500 steps before I sit down. It is gradually working!

Question: I broke my lower left leg badly (just above the ankle, not sure how I got away with only losing some cartilege in the ankle!) 2 years ago and have not even tried to really run on it yet (half jog very rarely and not for long). Do you think C25K would work for me? The leg healed well, just have a few pieces of hardware still in there, so not quite as flexible as my right ankle, but doing ok. And walking is no problem, do have a problem with weather though! Aching pain below 40F or major weather front coming through!
02 Feb 2014, 01:22
Tim, how fast are you walking on the treadmill when you have the laptop strapped to it? How about the incline? Do you break a sweat, or are you trying to go slow enough to avoid that?
02 Feb 2014, 01:37
Yea I certainly break a sweat haha

usually set it to 4.5-5 (I think that's Km/h..?) which is a semi brisk walk (for me anyway)

I was putting it on a incline of 4 to start with but then my hips started getting quite sore, taking out the incline stopped that. They have been better lately though so I might start slowly adding it back in one point at a time.

My aim is more just to be moving more rather than curled up on the couch - but I also want to actually "feel" it too
02 Feb 2014, 02:04
Speaking of "feeling it" I'm hoping to get back to 10K/day tomorrow. Being sick sucks.
02 Feb 2014, 08:28
@Debbiejgb C25K got me to 25 mins of non stop running. It's a great training device as it's free, uses your music library and syncs with my fitness pal. So it not only ensures your activity ends up on your dashboard but eases you into running nice and easy. If I can do it anyone can.
Regarding your injury, as it's a slow, steady training programme I suggest you listen to your body at every level.
Will you be running outside or using a treadmill? Only reason I ask is watch out for uneven ground as it jars my grumpy knee, so it may affect your leg too.
Good luck.
02 Feb 2014, 09:49
Is this me speaking? I've had a look at c25K. Not sure how my replacement knee will bear up and my other knee is also a bit dodgy, but I may try it... oh dear, that was me speaking.
02 Feb 2014, 12:32
PennyForthem wrote: Is this me speaking? I've had a look at c25K. Not sure how my replacement knee will bear up and my other knee is also a bit dodgy, but I may try it... oh dear, that was me speaking.

Go Penny. Go Penny Go Penny. Go Penny.
It's a nice programme. I'm back to week two which was very easy for me, but want to build back up without the aches.I'm sure you can do it. Just don't listen to the clunking. Get your earphones in and go go go.
02 Feb 2014, 14:06
LOL I just realized C25k is short for "couch-to-5km" and not a reference to a 25km race.

I was thinking that encouraging someone just starting out to run 25km was a tad aggressive... :razz:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
174 posts Page 2 of 12