The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 12 of 12
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
26 Feb 2014, 15:49
Tracieknits wrote: Welcome Domane!!

I've been a bit grumbly about getting my steps in, but last week was better than the week before. I'm back on track with 10K. It's so very bitterly cold again and I am so very very sick of the treadmill in my bedroom LOL

I'm also curious to see just how much walking I get in on my holiday to Amsterdam and Brussels. It's coming up in just 9 days now! I always get really excited when I can start seeing the weather forecast for my destination :-)

Wow Tracie ! you'll only be "over the road" your weather will be much the same as ours on the east coast of England. Hope you can get some nice views in whilst walking about on your Hols.

Went to Brussels on a girlie weekend once. Don't remember much about it. The beers were huge!
26 Feb 2014, 17:30
Well.... that's a good result! A pretty bog-standard visit to the yard this afternoon and all the walking that that involves has netted me over 5000 steps and 30% towards my "very" activity.... :grin:

Also interesting to note that I had 14 periods of restlessness in the night.... I wonder if that links in with my hormonal night sweats :confused:
26 Feb 2014, 17:46
My American teammates - @wendyjane, @GoLinda, and @Tracieknits - for a few hours I had moved up a few places to 15; improving our teams position in the overall leaderboard but alas, I'm back to 16, beaten by a few hundred steps.

I'll have to brave these subzero temps to make up those steps to increase our overall ranking

Wish me luck and hope the forecast snow doesn't arrive :grin:
26 Feb 2014, 17:51
Tracieknits wrote: Welcome Domane!!

I've been a bit grumbly about getting my steps in, but last week was better than the week before. I'm back on track with 10K. It's so very bitterly cold again and I am so very very sick of the treadmill in my bedroom LOL

I'm also curious to see just how much walking I get in on my holiday to Amsterdam and Brussels. It's coming up in just 9 days now! I always get really excited when I can start seeing the weather forecast for my destination :-)

The cold really is a killer today - I went out intending to do 15,000 and only managed 9k before I scuttled back home and am sat nursing a hot tea in my hands. It's frigid! what happened to the warmth we had over the weekend?? I must admit I'm so fed up, I can't wait for spring to come

Hope you feel better and put a good show on TV or Netflix and watch in the warmth of your home as you walk ... and think of your upcoming trip :-)
26 Feb 2014, 19:19
Forget the beers, in Belgium its all about the frites (skinny fries) and mayo as far as I'm concerned! Nobody seems to do them quite the same anywhere else in the world.

Hubby and I took a punt on one of those last minute secret hotel deals a couple of years ago. You know, book the room at a special rate but you don't know what hotel it is. We ended up in an AMAZING five star Japanese hotel 'Okura' and wow oh wow. Just amazing.

I hope you have a fantastic trip :smile:
26 Feb 2014, 21:30
Oh the beers in Belgium are amazing. Corked bottles of beer were my highlight :D

Not envying you all your frigid temps in winter. I'd far rather walk in 35 degrees than 10 degrees! Though in winter, the only thing that vaguely warms me up on fast days is a brisk walk.
28 Feb 2014, 16:06
@winsome. Mmmmmm mulles and frites.
We stayed o one of the squares about 17yrs ago with our son as a 1yr old, we tried to get him to take a nap, but the roads and paths were so cobbled. Nearly shook him to bits in his pushchair. Good times

Today has been a first for me. I hit my 10k steps target early afternoon. Never done that before. With this and the fact that I am usually an "overachiever" I have upped my daily step goal to 12,000 steps.
28 Feb 2014, 19:43
I hit 15,000 step count yesterday! Probably won't do it again any time soon, but felt great about it!

I am very happy with my average of 11,000 steps this month, hope to keep it up next month.

Take Care All, Y'all!
28 Feb 2014, 20:56
With February almost over I'm very happy with my activity this month. My average steps per day is up 1,350 compared to January to over 15,000.
Roll on March, especially with so many new group members :smile:
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 Next
174 posts Page 12 of 12