The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

174 posts Page 1 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
Fitbit February Camp Site
01 Feb 2014, 01:37
Hey Everyone,

Thought I would make our own little campsite in Fastonbury.

This way we can be in a central place to set out on our stepping adventures.

What better way to launch our camp site than a little showing off... Please let me have my fun cause it will most likely never happen again! Hahaha

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.72 KiB) Viewed 1354 times

Happy stepping in February everyone!
Re: Fitbit February Camp Site
01 Feb 2014, 01:44
Too cute! It is still January here. I stayed home with a head cold, and am still working to get my steps up to end the month. I actually averaged 10,000 + steps for the week this week. First time ever!
01 Feb 2014, 03:58
LOL You're too funny Tim!!
01 Feb 2014, 04:03
Ha! Good one. Actually, isn't that significantly higher than your recent daily average? Well done! :grin:
01 Feb 2014, 04:11
Great start Tim!

The campsite is huge and we are inviting everyone to come and sit...er, stroll/walk/run with us. Send any of us a PM and we can invite you to our fitbit group where you can try to knock Tim out of his current first place.

Don't have a fitbit, you can still come here and chat about your daily step goals and achievements. I only need to make 2,000 more steps this week to reach my 70,000 weekly goal. It has been over a month since I achieved it with all the cold weather we've had. WooHoo!
01 Feb 2014, 05:25
BruceE wrote: Ha! Good one. Actually, isn't that significantly higher than your recent daily average? Well done! :grin:

Yea it is! I'm so excited - mounting the laptop to the treadmill is the best thing I could do!

I will be checking emails, playing games, checking in on here and facebook and then realise i've been walking for an hour.

I don't mind to much about the other stats from fitbit at the moment - I am just focused on increasing activity at all.

When reading up on fasting and fitness most are saying the average number of steps for most people is around 5-6000 and we should be around 10000... This was a wake up call for me as my average was down around 1500-3000

As I loose a bit more weight I may start adding a light jog to my routine, but at the moment that seems to really kill my hips which is a little sad at my age!!

I have booked in a 10km run for May so that's my target and timeframe :-)
01 Feb 2014, 07:00
I'll be having a slow start to Feb, but will be back home in about ten days, and will hopefully get back up to my usual step rate quickly.
01 Feb 2014, 08:14
Excellent job Tim. Made me laugh.
Now please don't try and run on the treadmill whilst using your laptop- mum speaking.
01 Feb 2014, 08:18
Haha now that made me laugh so we are even! Nah it takes enough balance as it is!!

Once I graduate the walking the laptop will go ;-)
01 Feb 2014, 08:23
Very ambitious the 10k run. Highly recommend C25K. I'm back to it tomorrow. (Running that is)

I'm off to class later so am looking forward to seeing my screen shot of active mins in February. V excited......
01 Feb 2014, 08:24
I am aiming for 25000 today! Almost there - 23000 Whoop Whoop!

EDIT: Achieved! That's what I'm talking about!

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (14.24 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
01 Feb 2014, 09:18
I'm impressed!!
Starting off today aiming for 5000+. Working up to 10000 steps eventually.
Good luck for your 10K run.
:clover: :like:
01 Feb 2014, 09:26
Aiming for 10,000 steps every day this month!

Having joined FitBit halfway through January I didn't give it my all as had no chance of getting in the Top 10!

Good luck all x
01 Feb 2014, 11:01
Wow I just slid into the 7 day top five! Now that actually is an achievement!
01 Feb 2014, 13:25
TBrewerton wrote: When reading up on fasting and fitness most are saying the average number of steps for most people is around 5-6000 and we should be around 10000... This was a wake up call for me as my average was down around 1500-3000

As I loose a bit more weight I may start adding a light jog to my routine, but at the moment that seems to really kill my hips which is a little sad at my age!!

I have booked in a 10km run for May so that's my target and timeframe :-)

Yeah I was kind of shocked when I first got my Fitbit and realized how few steps I get on a normal day when I don't deliberately go out of my way to get steps in. It was 1500-3000 like yours. I figured it was 5-6k like the average person, but apparently I'm one of those who can sit still for hours. On weekends I could easily come in under 1000 steps if I didn't think about it, sitting on the couch all day and just walking to the kitchen and bathroom and stuff didn't add up at all.

10 km run is an aggressive goal for ~3 months. Do you have a plan, such as a "couch to 5k" 6 week transition to get you started? Be careful at first, check with the doctor and all that, and don't be afraid to mostly walk the 10k in May if it comes to that. :smile:

Good to have a specific goal on the calendar. That's how you do it! :grin:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 Next
174 posts Page 1 of 12