The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

61 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: HANG OUT TENT
16 Apr 2014, 07:10
thanks @rawkaren
we could have a party!
Need to suss out the workings of it though.
Hope you're holding up and mr karen is being sensible (doesn't sound as though he is...)
16 Apr 2014, 07:15
When you are ready @janeg, we can add you to the hangout. Just send one of us your email address and you can join the party. Mr. Karen - well what can I say. I think physically he is easing up a bit, but I guess running your own business has it's stresses too which no doubt is not helping!
16 Apr 2014, 07:44
I video chatted last night with @wendyjane and almost with @callyanna who couldn't hear us. It would be great to have a party.

@Rawkaren sorry to hear that Mr Karen is so poorly, so glad to hear that you have been told that it's resolvable. Hope he gets sorted soon x
16 Apr 2014, 08:14
I'd love to join your party, but
a) I can't type fast enough
b) I don't know how
c) I have a big black cloud over it saying... it's in the too difficult box
d) I don't have a video cam working (phew, I hear you all say!!)

*slinks away, sadly*
16 Apr 2014, 12:15
PennyForthem wrote: I'd love to join your party, but
a) I can't type fast enough
b) I don't know how
c) I have a big black cloud over it saying... it's in the too difficult box
d) I don't have a video cam working (phew, I hear you all say!!)

*slinks away, sadly*

Penny don't be sad.
A) You don't have to be able to type fast
B) I didn't know how, till I had a go
C) if you can master twitter, this is a piece of cake.
D) iPads, iPhones and other smart devices with camera facility, is all you need. It uses the camera.

So if you really want to give it a try it's possible. But it won't kill you of you don't.

Ps I haven't done video chat yet.

And that goes for anyone else who "thinks" they can't do it. You don't have to do anything you are not happy about.
:oops:
Whispers...........but you are missing some fun.
16 Apr 2014, 12:39
Oh @pennyforthem I wouldn't have thought there was anything in your too difficult to do box!! I couldn't do what you do but I can do this!! I am a slow typer but it doesn't seem to matter. I was in bed this morning wearing a fleece dressing gown up to my chin video chatting across the globe. Scary :lol:

It is easy with an iPad but maybe it's not for you right now. Perhaps you might give it a go at a later stage. It would be so good to see you there sometime :geek:
16 Apr 2014, 17:33
I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow, time permitting! In theory, I should have a little time!
16 Apr 2014, 18:04
Whoo! Just been in the Hang Out...the chat was coming thick and fast!
Bit too much going on for my foggy CFS head to deal with,but it's fun there as well,for anyone who is thinking of giving it a try xx
16 Apr 2014, 21:38
As the hangout allows much more free and easy chat and even video chats...great fun btw...to help ensure online safety, I think that we need to think about how exactly the hangout should work.

Should it, for example, allow anyone to join or should only those forum members who have been here a little while so we "know" them be invited?

Plus, I'm sure there are more considerations.

I'd like to discuss it with Moogie and the other FastDay staff.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to join the hangout, please can you PM me?

@carieoates hope you don't mind me becoming the conduit?
17 Apr 2014, 17:14
So sorry guys for missing some calls.. I only know ive had them coz it says so..i havent heard anything but I assume its a bit like skype,makes a cheerful little noise when theres a message or call?
Bit scared still of the hangout,still unsure how to use and navigate..thanks for the invites..think ive managed to add you to friends and to followers if thats the right thing to do..apols if i havent managed to include everyone X
11 May 2014, 08:14
Bumping this for any potential new hanger outers. @nursebean @pennyforthem
@madcatlady I've tagged you as you've shown interest before.

So come on you chatter boxes you don't have to video chat it's not just that it's a platform for quick chat.

Would be great to have more of you joining the "fast belles" it's great fun.
11 May 2014, 08:16
Must get dressed first...don't want someone seeing me like this...Worzel Gummidge.,

:shock:
11 May 2014, 08:22
So I've downloaded the thing. Now, how do I add peeps and what do
I call the circle?
11 May 2014, 08:36
Pm me your email address bean
Or you could search for me like Silverdarling did.
@nursebean
11 May 2014, 09:07
I feel guilty cos having joined the Hangout- I don't seem to have time to hangout-I wasn't expecting life to get in the way in quite the way it has, but I will be there eventually!
61 posts Page 2 of 5