The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 2 of 23
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
11 Oct 2013, 10:37
*waves* enviously.... at 5' 6" I can't squish in there with you all.
Have fun, loitering within tent.....
11 Oct 2013, 10:57
Any room left in the tent for me. I'm short (5"1) and wide (probably about 5"1)and also too fat for the 69er club too @CandiceMarie. I hope to do well on this WOE but don't like the sound of such a low TDEE. Good thing I'm enjoying the exercise. I'd rather do more exercise than have such a low TDEE (when the time comes).
Dee :)
Come in @PennyForthem but you have to walk on your knees. :smile:
11 Oct 2013, 11:10
If I believe the converter I am exactly 5 ft 3 25/32 inch

My BMI is 22.58, my TDEE 1516. Are you sure you didn't look at your Resting Metabolic Rate ? Mine is 1262.75 so very near the number you gave us. It could explain why it's a so low number...
11 Oct 2013, 11:17
drosebud wrote: I'm between 5'2" + 5'3". Haven't measured my height accurately in a while, so am probably shrinking too :-) My TDEE is 2050, with light exercise as the checked option. I normally do much more than that a week, but was being conservative, just in case.
I don't think of myself as "short" but a perfect height for me :-)

Hi drosebud, can I ask which formula you used to determine your TDEE as using this linkhttp://www.freedieting.com/tools/ca ... ulator.htm

mine is only 1254 for maintenance with exercising three times a week and I'm only slightly shorter than you.
11 Oct 2013, 11:39
This one: http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx
As well as being much younger than me, you are lighter! I am currently expending far more cals than you by lugging around this older, heavier body ;-)
I'm currently 182lbs, 52 and 5'3". If you pump those stats in you get that figure of around 2050.
If I enter a target weight of 11st it still only drops to around 1800. That is entirely manageable as a long term daily average for me.
I have a desk job, but as well as daily dog walks, I currently do 3 weekly classes of body combat, and two of body balance, so think the light exercise option is under-estimating the extra cals I use there.
11 Oct 2013, 11:44
just tried your link and at 3 times a week I get a maintenance of 2180. They aren't so far apart, given the uncertainty that the exercise levels must introduce. I've also tried the link here http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/ which gives around 2100 for an activity level of 1.5. Had you guessed I like tekky stuff? :-)
11 Oct 2013, 13:26
Thanks drosebud, makes sense now! By the way, I'm 65!
11 Oct 2013, 13:29
I'd completely mis-read your age as 35, as I was reading your post count as your age. Blame it on my glasses! That does make more sense though as our metabolisms do slow down as we age. In 10 years time I have to cut back around 50 cals a day, and that's assuming I'm still exercising as much. Hopefully I will be considerably lighter by then and will need to cut it back even more.
11 Oct 2013, 15:21
I'm 5'0" with my shoes on (!) - and 62 years old. I've been on the 5:2 plan for 8 weeks and have lost 10 pounds (I'm from the U.S. so I don't measure in stones). First time in years that I am actually losing WHOLE pounds each week - usually it's ounces !!
I will tell you that as a short person, and given my age, I can eat only @ 1250 calories on my NON-FAST days if I want to continue to lose. I know that if I "upped" my calories on those 5 non-fast days to the 1500 range, I would NOT be losing weight on the 5:2 diet. As a short person, I've always had to less than what is considered "standard" to even maintain my weight.
11 Oct 2013, 16:26
Hello, I'm 5' and my boys tell me I'm shrinking. I'm currently bouncing between 8st 7 and 8st 10 depending whether I'm weighing after a fast day or not! When I got married 30 years ago I was 7st 12 and didn't look skinny but I think that would definitely be too skinny now (I'm 52). I'm quite happy at 8st 5 or 6. My tdee from the progress tracker is about 1600 which I find is ok, sometimes I go over and sometimes I am quite under. I like the Next petite range of jeans, they fit me very well. :)
11 Oct 2013, 17:32
Wow!! I went to sleep and when I got up, there was a big crowd of friendly women in my tent. One of them is even walking around on her knees :smile: What fun. Welcome, everyone.

I am, as I had predicted, the shortest of the lot of you - 4'10" . I'll be 60 in not too long, and I assure all you doubters that my TDEE is as accurate as these things can be (which is to say, not really accurate, but ballpark right).

Also, because it's Friday, I weighed myself and am down another pound!!! (the icons should include fireworks, doncha think?) I expect to be at my goal weight in about another month. Now I'm going off to the Progress Tracker to get my reward (which is looking at my chart and numbers - seems silly even to me, but that's the way this thing goes).
11 Oct 2013, 17:41
we'll have to make it a marquee wendyjane! the more the merrier though. :meeting:
11 Oct 2013, 17:49
Hi! Can I come in too please? I'm 5'1", and not got a huge amount to lose, but height to weight (is it that way round?) ratio is 58%. I don't think I weigh that much more than before I had kids, but my shape is very different and I had been struggling to lose any weight. Think I've lost a few pounds so far though! :smile: :smile: :smile:
11 Oct 2013, 18:06
Hiii everyone in the teeny tent as wendy darling has called it! Its a bit of a squeeze but its kinda cosy! Good idea wendyjane x
11 Oct 2013, 19:13
Aha. I see that there are other short folk out there. Do come in, as this is a Harry Potter sort of tent - it grows larger to accommodate the residents (but never taller!) :smile:

PS. My TDEE now 1270! But I will not despair. I will, though, state another gripe. Restaurant meals really are totally out of control. Certainly in America, and probably over There as well. My husband and I often share a meal out. Or I bring home half of mine. But there are times, like while traveling, that that isn't possible, and I end up wasting food. Makes me mad.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 2 of 23