The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

334 posts Page 4 of 23
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23 Next
Re: Really Short People Tent
15 Oct 2013, 06:57
Welcome, @Minumonline! And goodnight, all.
15 Oct 2013, 07:19
Hi,I'm kinda late, but can I still squeeze under the tent? I'm just under 5"3 (I'm 161 cm... so that's like 5"2.8) :)

janeg wrote: But I was quite tall in Singapore :D

Hehehe, back in Indonesia I was relatively tall.. But here in Netherlands I'm like a midget. They say the Dutch people are like the tallest people on earth. My husband is 189 cm (6"2) :P. At least here I can fit rather comfortably in Medium europe size clothing (which would be large asian size) :D.

Speaking of TDEE, mine is about 1900, but that's because I workout 3-5 times a week... otherwise I can only eat so little. I'd rather exercise so I can enjoy more food! :P
15 Oct 2013, 08:44
Yesterday fast went really well even if it was freezing cold. In fact I had a 52 cal soup for dinner and a hot cocoa later. The hot cocoa has 3 times more calories because it's done with milk. I remember hot cocoa made with water in England but it always was a bit strange for me

I am working on my TDEE, I would love for it to be around 1800 cal. Does anybody knows how to gain 300 cal ? (exercices, for how long and how often, etc ?)
15 Oct 2013, 08:55
I wonder if there is a common goal we can all have before the end of the year? I'm a bit jealous of the 69'ers although I know some are here too!. Maybe a percentage loss goal or moving down a point on BMI. Thoughts?
What a pity we can't all have a target to grow a couple of cms :lol:
15 Oct 2013, 09:02
Only a couple ? Since I lost weight I wear 8cm heals, they make me feel so tall.... :cool:
15 Oct 2013, 12:57
@rawkaren funny you should say that, I've just written this in my log (not posted yet)

Anyone want to join the 49'ers club - aiming for 49 kilos before Christmas? If the tall girls are allowed their 69'ers club methinks we shorties should club up too :)

So I'm up for it! Your percentage idea might make more sense than an absolute number as above, methinks.
15 Oct 2013, 13:10
ok fatdog, I'm in. I'm 62.32kg and if I can get it to begin with a 5, then I'm a happy kitty. SO HOW ABOUT 5 PERCENT EVERYONE?
15 Oct 2013, 13:32
I"m 63.3kg and well karen! I would dearly love to lose 5% before Christmas and see a 5 there, but I really think it's not possible for me. I lose so slowly- but I'd like to aim for it...
Tracker has me hitting it in about march next year-
oh look! That glacier is going faster than me!
15 Oct 2013, 17:43
rawkaren wrote: What a pity we can't all have a target to grow a couple of cms :lol:

Okay, peeps. This is a comment I've seen here a few times, and my opinion is..

There's Black pride. And gay pride. And Ukranian pride, for all I know (I am part Ukranian, BTW). We need some SHORT PRIDE here! I honestly like my size, and so should you. I know, there's the frustration of finding a pair of pants that fit great, except they are 10 inches too long. There's the irritation of having some clueless person saying "Aren't you cute!" and very nearly patting you on the head like you were five years old. These things have certainly happened to me. But still - be happy in your slimming (or newly slimmed) body.

Can you tell I have strong feelings about this? Anybody with me here?
15 Oct 2013, 18:08
And see you later, friends. I'm off to drive across the country for a week with my daughter. Hold down the fort! I mean, hold up the tent!
15 Oct 2013, 18:13
:grin: I'm more than happy being 'diddy'! I can quite often save money by buying clothes in children's sizes (only take size 3 shoes too!), and my short legs mean I have far more room on flights or even in some theatres where taller people feel confined. So no complaints here!
15 Oct 2013, 18:26
Hehe have a great time wendy jane! And dont forget ypur booster seat! :0)
15 Oct 2013, 19:49
wendyjane wrote:
rawkaren wrote: What a pity we can't all have a target to grow a couple of cms :lol:

Okay, peeps. This is a comment I've seen here a few times, and my opinion is..

There's Black pride. And gay pride. And Ukranian pride, for all I know (I am part Ukranian, BTW). We need some SHORT PRIDE here! I honestly like my size, and so should you. I know, there's the frustration of finding a pair of pants that fit great, except they are 10 inches too long. There's the irritation of having some clueless person saying "Aren't you cute!" and very nearly patting you on the head like you were five years old. These things have certainly happened to me. But still - be happy in your slimming (or newly slimmed) body.

Can you tell I have strong feelings about this? Anybody with me here?

I'm with you. I bought a top in Jaeger last week. "Would you like the matching capris?" Said the assistant "they are just the right drop". I can't believe she said that as I was holding them next to me and they were a good six inches too long :razz: :razz:
15 Oct 2013, 20:17
Any more 5 percenters other than janeg, fat dog and moi?
15 Oct 2013, 20:24
Hi all, room for one more?

I am 5'2+. I share Manderley's boobage issue. I think buying shirts was/is even worse than the pants issue. I also have hips the same or smaller than my waist and no butt. I'm happy when I get pants designed to sit really low so the hips hit just below my waist. Low enough to not be "Mom jeans" but high enough to stay on and not have a handful of extra fabric in the rear.

I'd be up for shooting for a 5% loss by Christmas.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23 Next
334 posts Page 4 of 23