The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1123 posts Page 71 of 75
Previous 1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 Next
Re: Sassy Seniors Sanctuary
07 Jan 2015, 11:49
Thanks, @carorees, for your input. You are, as usual, absolutely right about the effect of a few pounds! I am already down to within my two pound 'buffer' (ten stone, eight pounds), after two fasts, so 5:2 is working it's magic again! :victory:

However, even at target, my waist is still slightly more than 50% of my height (I have never had much of a waistline, even in my slimmest days) so I suppose that I probably could do with losing a few more pounds. It's just that ten stone seven pounds has been my target for as long as I can remember and it feels rather strange to be considering going lower. :shock:

Perhaps I'll just give it a go and see what happens. If I get a scraggy face and neck then I'll know it's time to stop!
Thanks for your comments, everyone. Decision made! Ten stone here I come! :smile:
07 Jan 2015, 12:10
Could be thats just yr natural shape...but Good luck@StowgateResident and well done on your last two fasts x
Think you're right to take note of if your face / neck gets scraggy..we need a little plumping there as we get older!
Ps a friend's mum always says, you don't get wrinkles on a blown up balloon! ( not sure if thats true in my case tho! ) x
07 Jan 2015, 15:40
We seem to have a similar goal Azureblue although mine is one stone heavier than yours :grin:
I am pleased with myself managing another fast day today & I'm just going to amend my signature to reflect my interim goal for January which is please can I get to 11 stone something before the end of January!!
11 Jan 2015, 11:21
Well the end of a back to routine week with my OH at work & me back at my Latin class with my brain feeling as though it is still in 2014! How is everyone doing?
I have mostly managed to stick to three fasts this week & have lost three pounds that I suspect is mostly water having reduced my total carb intake ie minus lots of chocolate & biscuits :grin: I now need to get back into exercising so that is Monday's plan plus Latin homework to try & keep the little grey cells active!
11 Jan 2015, 14:49
I need outdoor warmth and I need it now! There was some sun today (hurrah) but a bitey cold wind sent us scurrying for cover so not much walking :0(
There will be ironing shortly so how does that count for exercise, any good?
At least the road/shops Xmas madness has gone now schools and workers are back at it, us old 'uns need a bit of space out there!
Keep warm those in the cold/snow/ice/rain/winds \O/
Keep cool those in the beating sunbeams/drought /O\
17 Jan 2015, 22:07
An inspiration to us all.

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference"in the world.
It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.
Harold Schlumberg is such a person:
HAROLD SAYS: "I've often been asked,
What do you do now that you're retired?
'Well...I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."

Harold is an inspiration to us all.

------------------------------------------------

Seniors:
Hints on how to liven up your idle hours ...

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity:

1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer
At Passing Cars.

Watch ' em Slow Down..

2. On all your check stubs, write

'For Marijuana.

3. Skip down the street, rather Than Walk and see how many looks you get.

4. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.

5. Sing Along At The Opera.

6. When The Money Comes Out of the ATM, scream 'I Won! I Won!'

7. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Car Park, Yelling

'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

8. Tell Your Children Over Dinner,

'Due To The Economy, we are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'

And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity :

9. Pick up a box of condoms at the pharmacy, go to the counter and ask where the fitting room is.
17 Jan 2015, 22:29
That is tres amusant Candy! Thanks for that xx
17 Jan 2015, 23:52
Well, I am joining you!

I can't believe I'll be 62 this year. SIXTY TWO!!! Where did the years go? Just yesterday I was 30 and working. Now it seems the days fly by. I always heard that time goes by faster as you get older. I never quite understood that. Now I do!

Well, I'm determined to get most of this weight off by the end of the year. I've dieted most of my life, gaining and losing, but I feel 5:2 is sustainable.
Nice to meet you all!
18 Jan 2015, 08:52
Hallo, good morning and welcome @marygrace, it's a pleasure to see you here :0)
Sixty something comes as a bit of a shock I found, almost like I sleep-walked for twenty years and suddenly woke up older and fatter :0@
Join us for fun, grumbles, eye-rolling, reminiscining and fat-losing encouragement :0)
18 Jan 2015, 09:28
Welcome @marygrace and good morning / afternoon all.happy Sunday x
Stayed overnight with the nearest thing i have to a grandchild..Ziggy Stardust the kitten
Looks like butter wdnt melt doesnt he but he went for my nose in the night,really lunged at it
I guess it must have looked very big on the pillow! :lol:
image.jpg
~ dreaming of mice and birdies x~
image.jpg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 472 times
18 Jan 2015, 09:38
Very funny@CandiceMarie.

I wish that I had the nerve to do some of those things. I could engage in chemical conversions though!
I can't believe that I'm in my sixties. In my head I've not changed since I was nineteen; I remember how devasting that birthday was, as I realised that I would soon be in my twenties! No subsequent birthday was a problem

I don't think that I look my age though. Not too long ago a barman joked to my husband that he was lucky that his daughter went out with him for a drink! Yeah, he was "buttering me up" but it was funny, and we both enjoyed it.

I think that being sixty meant something very different to my mother's generation. I hope to stay active, both phsically and mentally and the more surreal lunacy that's involved along the way, the better.
18 Jan 2015, 17:23
Just booked plane and train tickets to go to see our two granddaughters in Germany at the end of February (plus their parents of course). Rumour has it that they may be moving to Belgium and my daughter and her husband want a couple of days to go and have a look round their potential destination without having to take the children out of school - hence our visit. We are already booked for child minding services from the 19th March to the 1st April, so that the parents can go skiing for one week of our stay, so we won't be long back before we go again! Love seeing them, so it's always a pleasure! :smile:
18 Jan 2015, 21:35
Thanks for the welcomes!
19 Jan 2015, 12:38
Welcome from me as well marygrace! :smile:
20 Jan 2015, 09:13
Slowly slowly
Gently gently
White ice has cast
A dreaming blanket.