The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1123 posts Page 73 of 75
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 Next
Re: Sassy Seniors Sanctuary
29 Jan 2015, 20:07
I don't shop in Waitrose as there isn't one nearby. From what I read in the press I don't think you have to buy food in the cafe just something in the shop ie be a Waitrose customer rather than a free loader but I may be wrong.
29 Jan 2015, 21:42
This is what our local paper printed about Waitrose drinks
MYWaitrose card holders will have to buy something from the cafe at the Northwich Waitrose store from next month to continue to enjoy a free hot drink in the cafe.
Customers have been able to have a free tea or coffee at the cafe by presenting their card at the till.
However from Monday, February 9, cafe customers will have to buy something to continue to receive their free drink.

MyWaitrose customers who don’t wish to buy something from the cafe will still be able to get a free take-away tea or coffee from self-service machines near the front of the store.
29 Jan 2015, 23:17
Just read it again and I concede that you are right . I don't think I read the piece through to the end as it doesn't really affect me.A bit tricky if you are fasting!
30 Jan 2015, 08:52
PennyForthem wrote: Golly gosh, as they say!
I towed our caravan from home to Birmingham today through the snow. What an achievement from a 65 year old lady tower! We are toastie warm on board!
And tomorrow I am at an event at Edgbaston cricket ground with erstwhile dragons' s den Theo Paphitis. So excited.
But then more excitement.... meeting some fast friends in Birmingham for lunch Saturday.
I may yet explode...

Now that is exciting! Hope you have a fab time m'dear :0D
31 Jan 2015, 18:25
@PennyForthem, photos will be required! I'm guessing that @carieoatesand @MadCatladyare involved in lunch? Hope you all had a very good time!
02 Feb 2015, 16:21
On the "exercise today" thread I mentioned the other day that a reporter/photographer came to our Strength class and interviewed people and took a lot of photos for a story about falls prevention in elders. The story appeared today. It covers the central Southern Tier of NY State--quite a large area comprising counties close to the north central part of the state of Pennsylvania. The accompanying photo, though, is of our class. I'm glad we were included and that I wasn't in the photo. :grin: So vain--afraid that I'll " ....see oursels as ithers see us!" :razz:

Here's the link to the story--it's really quite important at our age to try our best to prevent falling down--so easy to get into the vicious cycle mentioned. I'm actually right next to the woman in the gray headband, but the picture was cropped so I'm cut out--so they said when I called the newsroom to request that my name be removed from the caption (their mistake to leave it in). It would have been so silly to have someone mentioned who wasn't shown.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story and get inspired: http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news ... /22609181/
02 Feb 2015, 16:42
I have several Jane Fonda DVDs that include good advice about why we should continue to exercise to improve our balance & maintain muscle tone. She still looks amazing & is now aged over seventy having had hip & knee replacement ops. I enjoy her pithy observations & sensible exercises.
02 Feb 2015, 16:50
Thanks @marybeth and @isis for stuff on falling / exercise
My illness means i feel a bit dizzy all the time...when i walk,it feels like the ground us coming up towards me..it makes me very clumsy and ive fallen many times
The temptation is to not move much..but the article and what Isis said is a reminder to keep going..
I feel more confident indoors so ive been walking round the corridors of my aoartment block..bit boring but at least i move!
On another senior note,have just put a little coconut oil on my eyelashes in hopes of making them long and glossy(!) ..i can barely see what i' m typing,i' ll have to wipe it off..me and my good ideas!
:lol:
02 Feb 2015, 16:54
Oh for long & glossy eyelashes CandiceMarie :grin: I only have short eyelashes now & when I put on mascara they all clump together in a sort of spiky hedgehog look :shock: I'm a bit old for a punk look :lol: :lol:
Do take care of yourself moving around !!
02 Feb 2015, 17:09
@isis mine are the same! Plus they seem to have become colourless so my eyes look baldy without mascara!
Ive found what helps is getting a mascara with a long brush...one that isnt " volume " making ( end up looking like Barbara Cartland!) ive just passed one on to DD as it had a short thick brush and just turned my eyelashes into two shrubs over my eyes!
Prob with eyebrows too..they are starting to run riot! And i have ONE very thick and tough to tweeze (!) pure white hair! :lol: x
02 Feb 2015, 18:43
@CandiceMarie I'm sorry you have that constant dizzy feeling--must be awful. But I'm glad you're working on avoiding that vicious cycle-- :clover: :clover: :clover:
05 Feb 2015, 21:12
Grandparent duties completed for this week and I'm back in the room :bugeyes: :confused: :sleepy:
26 Feb 2015, 10:19
*** received this in my inbox today...irs very funny but dont read if easily offended ***
Subject: PENSIONER'S REPLY

Didn't like shopping there anyway. Yesterday I was at my local pet store buying a large bag of Chum dog food for my loyal pet and was in the checkout queue when a woman behind me asked if I had a dog..
What did she think I had an elephant? So, since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Chum Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn’t,
because I ended up in hospital last time, but I'd lost 2 stone before I woke up in intensive care with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pockets with Chum nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in queue was now enthralled with my story.)
Horrified, she asked me if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me. I told her no, I stepped off the kerb to sniff an Irish setter’s arse and a car hit me.
I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard. Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of daft things to say.
01 Mar 2015, 17:29
Bumped into an acquaintance i havent seen for a few years - in a bus queue...Catching up on each others news..as you do..
Eventually i said,oh i' m a grandmother now,Jean?.i have a grandson kitten!
( as some of you know,my DDs kitty is my pride and joy in absence of any human grandkids as yet)
Ohhhh thats wonderful news she exclaimed!....Well yeh but he's a kitten,a lovely one tho...
Ohhh a grandson,so pleased for yr daughter!
Erm,yeh but not really,its just a cat ...
Oh thats great!
Its a CAT! I havent got any grandchildren yet!
By now everyone was sniggering, a few people looking at me like i was bats..
Which i am i guess ..Image
02 Mar 2015, 00:49
I'm not anticipating grandchildren for quite a while, but my daughter has 16 kids - the 10 and 11 year olds in her classroom this year.
So by extension I have 16 grandkids - sort of... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Previous 1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 Next
1123 posts Page 73 of 75