The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1123 posts Page 2 of 75
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75 Next
Re: Seniors Sanctuary
15 Oct 2013, 18:37
Oh well thank goodness Marybeth got in touch I am 67 and perfectly happy being here (until I look in the mirror). I don't plan to get old . I am on week 5 of couch 2 5k and am enjoying it. I also still ski and play with my 10 grandchildren. I have no doubt something will pull me up eventually but until then I will ignore the wrinkles. :wink: :grin:
15 Oct 2013, 19:25
Atagirl that's what I like to hear. Lots of life in us yet (in perhaps shorter bursts) and the delightful grandchildren egging us on to play is all good :0)
15 Oct 2013, 21:20
Heading to 63 qualifies me and do think the times we have grown up through have been good ones don't you?

I am a late bloomer though so don't feel my years, in my minds eye I am just me, get a shock when I even think I am in my 60s. Still in work mode and wearing shorter skirts and tights again happy with that. Got a few rusty hinges but am moving them vigorously am chuffed to consider I have become a gym junkie. Who would have thought. I have a 20 year old son, he keeps me young at heart.

I think we can have a few more interesting years ahead and I am definitely in for any fun as with Ballerina.

It is technology that boggles my mind. Giving it my best effort but grrrr all this password business especially when you forgot where you wrote it down. Any tips
15 Oct 2013, 21:28
Can I join? I'll be 60 in 19 days. Yikes!

I hear you on the passwords gillymary. I recently dedicated a small book that I keep in the drawer by my computer to write them down. OH keeps our important ones on a separate thumb drive so hackers can't get to it and our survivors can should anything happen.
15 Oct 2013, 22:16
Please may I join the club? At 64 I am qualified, although I don't feel as if I'm 64 - except when I catch an unexpected glimpse in the mirror and wonder who the old person is!
15 Oct 2013, 22:27
I qualify on age grounds, 63 at Xmas, but not grown-up enough yet - as my friend PP always says "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional" - so I think I shall hold off membership of this exclusive club a little longer, if that's OK with you...
16 Oct 2013, 03:23
May I join the Senior's thread please? Dare I say it, could be the most senior here so far. I'm 73 though nowadays I say and feel "so what?" And on a par with Marybeth and a late bloomer like Gillymary!
-Shopping for size 12 clothes straight off the peg - a pleasure that has evaded me for years.
-Teaching just about full time, enjoying our families, friends and 5 grandchildren. OH and I pretty well, taking 5:2 into our routine with great effect.
-Enjoy my hour at the gym 3 times a week trying to keep from creaking too much.
-While fasting yesterday went to gym class 7am, taught lessons for 2 hours, made quince jelly from our own fruit which the family love, we don't eat jam much these days -that sugar!!! :smile: it's a change that I didn't lick but enjoyed the cooking smell. Cleaned the double oven, fielded work phone calls, sorted out my mobile phone update and got flustered with the jargon, but weathered that. Passwords also filed as I can't cope otherwise. Practised my viola, want to play string quartets with the family and join a local orchestra.
Life is certainly fast moving, different and interesting and Fast Days are so productive!
- And still can't sleep all night....but am looking forward to reading Senior Sanctuary posts. :heart:
16 Oct 2013, 04:03
Wow Katharina! My new goal is to be as active and vibrant as you are! What an inspiration you are. Thanks so much.
16 Oct 2013, 07:58
Sassy seniors sanctuary I say any chance of a name change - we would not want to give the wrong idea that we aren't vibrant, interesting, embracing technology (albeit with the odd grrrr).

Maybe we can take Katerina's lead and say what we are achieving despite being eligible for a seniors card. I am starting my own business, just completed a micro business course. I also enjoy making marmalade and chutneys, herbed vinegars and mustards vinegars from produce fresh from my garden. If time to spare I am starting out on learning all about writing poetry.
Re: Sassy Seniors Sanctuary
16 Oct 2013, 10:30
Wow, aren't you all amazing, but then we did find our way to 5/2 and battle through to losing a mountain of fat between us so, yes, we really are brilliant.
Good idea on the name change, implemented.
16 Oct 2013, 11:31
gillymary wrote: Maybe we can take Katerina's lead and say what we are achieving despite being eligible for a seniors card. I am starting my own business, just completed a micro business course. I also enjoy making marmalade and chutneys, herbed vinegars and mustards vinegars from produce fresh from my garden. If time to spare I am starting out on learning all about writing poetry.

@gillymary, what business are you starting? Wish we were closer. I'd love to meet you! I write poetry (had some published) and short stories, though, as I have my own little chutney business, I don't have much time for writing any more.
Chutney making keeps me active, both physically and mentally. I take them to fairs and fetes, do talks about them and also supply local delis.

I had a replacement knee in 2009 and have never looked back! In fact I feel like I'm getting (and, errr.... looking, according to hub!) younger all the time!

So, over to the rest of you...
16 Oct 2013, 12:15
I'm in the 60+ club, @61. I still can't believe it! But I do love being older and not caring any more so much about what other people think, not having to work full time, being more relaxed and dare I say, wise. The main thing I didn't like about it was being fat .... Even obese. And now it looks like I've found a way to fix that.
16 Oct 2013, 12:20
Hey! Can I come in too please? :lol:

I was 64 a couple of weeks ago. Despite having FMS and arthritis I actually feel healthier than I have for years and I certainly weigh less now than I have for over 30yrs!

Maybe we can be the naughty corner! :lol: :lol:
16 Oct 2013, 15:56
Thats a good idea Miffy ;0)
16 Oct 2013, 16:09
Pennyforthem wrote..........

"I had a replacement knee in 2009 and have never looked back! "........................

WOW, Penny, that was some side effect, a stiff neck no less :shock: :wink:

Ballerina :heart:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 75 Next
1123 posts Page 2 of 75