The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1123 posts Page 3 of 75
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75 Next
Re: Sassy Seniors Sanctuary
16 Oct 2013, 16:38
Ballerina wrote: Pennyforthem wrote..........

"I had a replacement knee in 2009 and have never looked back! "........................

WOW, Penny, that was some side effect, a stiff neck no less :shock: :wink:

Ballerina :heart:

ooooh you little tinker, you....... :confused:
16 Oct 2013, 18:19
Can I join in as well? I will be 67 next month & yes another Scorpio! I have had all my previously brown coloured hair trimmed off so I now have my natural silver/ iron grey hair colour. I am enjoying casting a fresh eye over my wardrobes of clothes ( various sizes to still slim into ) to check that the colours are still flattering. I have started Tai Chi classes to improve my balance & flexibility & am still attending classes to learn more about Ancient Greek & Roman history.
More excitingly I am awaiting confirmation from my son in Japan, where they are on holiday, that he has proposed marriage to his girlfriend & been accepted! so lots of incentive to try & lose weight more quickly. Meanwhile in anticipation I am researching wedding outfits online where lots of occasion outfits seem to be on sale. I have already tried on a few hats & think I look daft rather like a mushroom! But I am only 5ft 3inches tall :grin:
16 Oct 2013, 19:55
@Isis--Maybe one of those "sassy" little sort of plate-shaped hats, a la the 30's and 4O's, angled down over one eye? I bet some vintage or reproduction-vintage retailers have just the thing for a non-mushroom look.

Hope you have a wonderful time at that wedding!
16 Oct 2013, 20:18
Do I qualify as an Aspirational Sassy Senior at 56 ??
:lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink: :cool: :cool: :cool:
16 Oct 2013, 20:28
No Silverdarling, you are a spring chicken ;>)
16 Oct 2013, 20:47
Awwww :shock: :wink: never mind I'll grow up one day
16 Oct 2013, 20:51
4 years, @Silverdarling, then you'll get the key of the Sassy Seniors' Sanctuary door! Until then, we'll let you peer through the keyhole!!
16 Oct 2013, 20:54
Silverdarling wrote: Awwww :shock: :wink: never mind I'll grow up one day

I hope you never do, I have no intention of ever growing up, ask Wendydarling over in never never land if you don't believe me :wink:

Ballerina x :heart:
16 Oct 2013, 21:00
Pssssstt....what's the 'grown up' you're all talking about?
Is it
a) a state of mind
b) a state of body
c) merely a figment of the imagination
16 Oct 2013, 21:01
Have just popped in here and as a 50 year old I am jealous. All this talk of retirement, grand kids, free time dee dum dee dum dee dum. You are all having a ball. And so lovely with it :heart: :heart:
16 Oct 2013, 21:03
Ahh 10 years to go for you @rawkaren! Such a shame, we'd love to have to join us, too!!!
16 Oct 2013, 21:09
PennyForthem wrote: Ahh 10 years to go for you @rawkaren! Such a shame, we'd love to have to join us, too!!!

Aw come on Penny, let the wee lassie in, before she knows what has happened to her she will be as old as we are now, hee hee. :lol:

Rawkaren, come on in, retirement is better than you could ever imagine, have some cake, oh, and wine, no need to worry about work in the morning so, cheers! :shock: :grin:

16 Oct 2013, 21:18
Ballerina wrote:
PennyForthem wrote: Ahh 10 years to go for you @rawkaren! Such a shame, we'd love to have to join us, too!!!

Aw come on Penny, let the wee lassie in, before she knows what has happened to her she will be as old as we are now, hee hee. :lol:

Rawkaren, come on in, retirement is better than you could ever imagine, have some cake, oh, and wine, no need to worry about work in the morning so, cheers! :shock: :grin:

Now look here Ballerina. I'm not properly working at the moment and you are tempting me to the dark side. I'm rather enjoying mucking about doing the odd project but secretly dont want to be a wage slave and all that crappy travel stuff. Who needs a gold card anyway? Totally over rated. Methinks OH has other ideas though....... Please distract me!
16 Oct 2013, 21:59
OK, shall we let @Silverdarling and @rawkaren join our rather select band, folks?
PS
Don't hang about with the reply, some of us do have to work in the morning!! Chutney to make!

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
16 Oct 2013, 22:01
Rawkaren, what you have to remember about 'the dark side' is that 'dark' is SO slimming, why do you think we are all here drinking wine and eating cakes, oh, help yourself to the little French fancies whilst you are here, another glass of bubbly? Yes please, enjoy yourself my love, life is too short, well, it is when you are our age :shock: :lol:

P.S. Yes, Penny let the girls in and let them see how much fun wrinklies can be :lol: :grin: :lol:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 75 Next
1123 posts Page 3 of 75