The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1123 posts Page 5 of 75
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75 Next
Re: Sassy Seniors Sanctuary
17 Oct 2013, 12:09
PennyForthem wrote: Oh you lovely lot, you've brought a smile to my face today. We have a very poorly doggie again and a trip to the vet awaits. She's 13 (the dog, not the vet) and we are dreading the verdict.

Thinking of you Penny
Hope your pooch will be ok x
17 Oct 2013, 12:10
Hope the dog is OK. Keep us posted
17 Oct 2013, 13:12
Welcome to the forum and to SSS @Brightspark! The more the merrier! :) *tip toes out, only wanted to greet a forum newbie, hehe, I'll wait a few more years* :grin:
17 Oct 2013, 14:30
Well, my country (US) stepped back from the abyss late last night and did not destroy the world economy after all. I feel much relieved and need to apologize to the rest of the world for the feckless behavior of some of my compatriots. So, to any of you who've been worried, I'm very sorry. :shame:

Today, I'll be off to my strength training class with a much lighter heart :smile: Got to go!
17 Oct 2013, 15:56
Not going to exercise class and not feeling too sassy at the moment--"put my back out", as old timers used to say, just a few minutes after the post above. Means a few days of hobbling around and doing the McKenzie method exercises and hoping not to need PT. Always something when you're a senior! :(
17 Oct 2013, 16:04
Oh no, Sod's law Marybeth! Here's to a speedy recovery but meanwhile take it easy!
17 Oct 2013, 16:19
Hope you recover quickly Marybeth.
17 Oct 2013, 17:10
Hope it eases for you soon @Marybeth.

We have seen the vet - as thought, it's another bout of vestibular disease. Her balance has gone (the dog, not the vet) but we're hopeful she'll respond quickly to the course of treatment like she did last time. We think though, that if it happens again, we may have to 'bite that bullet', as we hate the thought of her suffering.
17 Oct 2013, 17:26
Oh Penny, I'm sending you and your poor pooch a hug........... :heart: .there it is, hope all goes well

Ballerina x
17 Oct 2013, 17:49
Sorry to hear your dog is poorly Penny. Hope she recovers soon.

MaryBeth, that's ok, please don't worry, apologies not needed. Hope you recover quickly too.

Ballerinas right, in Never Never Land we don't have to grow up. Come on down, you're welcome.

I think I might as well join in then if there's no age bar, hope that's ok? I've been sitting out on the porch, swinging my legs and peeking in. I can remember old money and I am often a grumpy old woman so I think I qualify.
17 Oct 2013, 17:59
Sorry MaryBeth about yr poor back! X
And Penny,thanks for updating us on poochy x
17 Oct 2013, 20:29
Hi folks!

I marked my place yesterday on the thread since I didn't want to lose you guys! I've just started my 77th year, and I've come to the conclusion - after IFing for over 18 months - that 70 is the new 40! :smile:

Just today I've had another confirmation of how healthy I am. My wife has continually harped on about how skinny I am, and every time I fast (I aim for a <120/150 cal fast once a week) or I miss a meal (if I snack of an evening, I often don't have breakfast the following morning) she tends to give me grief - in the caring way that wives do! :wink:

So, when I saw my GP today I asked him how I could allay my wife's concerns. After checking my weight and height he told me that my BMI is 22 - which is smack bang in the middle of the healthy range. Then he said,

"I don't have many 76-year-old patients with a BMI as good as yours!"

So there you have it. That, along with my blood results 12 months after I began IFing:

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/intermittent-fasting-my-blood-results.html

And being discharged from the Lung Clinic after 18 months:

http://nobreadisanisland.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/intermittent-fasting-for-18-months-now.html

is further confirmation that this WOL works for any age!

Anyone for this next dance?

Miffy?

Or would you rather sit this one out with a nice glass of wine? :grin:
18 Oct 2013, 05:27
Marybeth, I do hope your back is easing and you're very soon back to normal. Yes, relief about USA getting back on track. (Wonder if your back was set off by it all?) :heart:
18 Oct 2013, 07:01
Hi, can I come in too? What an inspiring group you all are.
I'm 64 next year and feel fitter than I did 10 and maybe even 20 years ago. Oh, I've got arthritis and I've had my lumbar spine fused, and my knees are a bit wonky. I wish I'd started 5:2 20 years ago and I might have avoided some of these problems.

On Sunday week I'm doing the Seven Bridges Walk around Sydney Harbour. It's a day's walk of 28 kilometres (17.3 miles). It's been an annual challenge for me for the last 5 years.
18 Oct 2013, 11:19
Good luck pip with the walk! X
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 75 Next
1123 posts Page 5 of 75