The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 3 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 Next
Well done to everyone who had to resist the Friday night wine temptation! It was a bit easier for me as I was fasting so was in that zone.

When we're out & hubby's driving (and often even when not), he will get a ginger beer or two. I have decided that each weekend we can try a different one at home, and you can now get some lovely ones that are made with proper ingredients. Probably quite sugary but will be no worse calorie wise than a couple of glasses of wine. Tonight is the fever tree one. For me I don't like alcohol free drinks, they generally taste pretty flat & it just makes me wish I was drinking tea real thing!

Hope you all enjoy your Sober Saturday whatever you are doing :oops:
Hi, I'm going sober for October as well, with my sister, I found that drinking wine every evening had become a habit that has been surprisingly easy to break, even when I had a really bad day at work. I have a bad week coming up the week after next when many bosses are visiting and I may have to go out with them for a meal. Good job I like sparkling water :lol: . I have tried Sainsburys red wine the reviews said it wasn't as sweet, unfortunately for me it is and it has a back taste (or sensation) of sherbet. :?: I tend to drink becks blue if I need a change. just a thought if you are going to a boozy event drive there then no one will ask for explanations.
Well done TripHopMamma, very impressive!
I managed to ignore the Friday night call of the bottle of wine and feel so glad I did too. We can do this :-)
The Chimp Paradox by Prof Steve Peters
https://itun.es/gb/epgYC.l

Some of you lovely people may gain some insight into many things including why we turn to food and or drink.
A great book called the Chimp paradox. Give it a go and it may change your life forever.
Thanks for the link Caro...been meaning to look this up for a good while..
Coz my chimp has a habit of going ape at regular intervals! X :curse: :lol:
Well done everyone for giving this a go! I did a full 100 days AF this year and felt so much better for it although it made no difference to my weight whatsoever. When my chimp started craving, I'd take a 5-htp and she would shut up. GABA and Theanine are also good. I don't like low alcohol wine, but Clausthauler AF beer is really very good. I think you may have inspired me to go AF until Christmas folks.
rawkaren wrote: Well done everyone for giving this a go! I did a full 100 days AF this year and felt so much better for it although it made no difference to my weight whatsoever. When my chimp started craving, I'd take a 5-htp and she would shut up. GABA and Theanine are also good. I don't like low alcohol wine, but Clausthauler AF beer is really very good. I think you may have inspired me to go AF until Christmas folks.

What's a 5-http Karen. @tawkaren
You may have noticed but I'm not into taking supplements. Not yet anyhow.........agreed the non alcohol drinks are too sweet. And I don't actually need to pretend ive got a drink. I just ain't having one and that's it,
Go for it Karen, seems it would be easy for you having done 100 days before.
It's helped me start shifting the weight again. Either that or the combination of no alcohol and diligent logging of cals with my buddies on MFP?
Here you go @carieoates. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-Hydroxytryptophan.
Yes I think diligent logging on MFP really helps actually. A couple of hundred calories can make a big difference and it is easy to underestimate.
I got some 5HTP but have only taken a few - funny isn't it, when I was on the pill (ie for about 20 years) I religiously popped it every morning but with supplements I just don't seem to get round to it (is it psychological maybe - who knows!)

I feel a bit of a dunce about this AF thing - hadn't really occurred to me to drink alcohol-free versions of anything - I'm just supping tea, coffee and the occasional herbal tea (not feeling in the mood for sparkling water this weather).

OH CRAP! Just realised I inadvertently had a half pint of cider - I even thought about a glass of wine at lunchtime but decided against it.
Forgive me Father - I have sinned - I was distracted by the excitement of housebuying - I will load up my bar with extra weights at Body Pump tomorrow morning and punish my wicked body until it is suitably fatigued <genuflecting and beating self about head>
Well done for being so honest Madcatlady.

How's everyone else doing.
I'm feeling absolutely marvellous. Who'd of thunk it.
I may just do as @madcatlady is doing and go wine free till xmas parties in dec.
Things are going well. It is doing me the world of good, no doubt about it. My liver must be wondering what's going on with all this clean living.

I'm not a fan of low alchohol/no alcohol wine. I tend to like fairly robust red wines so the "pretend wine" is a bit sweet for my palate. I did try some once and tbh I felt that I may as well have just a glass of lemonade :razz:

Looking forward to Christmas Eve though I must say when I will break my wine and crisp fast. I feel like a veritable saint at the moment :booze:

:chicken2:
I've tried two different non alcohol drinks and I'm not going to bother with any more, they're too sweet for me. I just don't need to replace the alcohol with an imitation. I just hope I don't hit the floor when I sniff the fumes on my first drink. Lol :grin:
Things have calmed down for me, things are getting easier, especially on fast days. I'd forgotten about becks blue, it was the only substitute worth drinking when I was pregnant. I'm happy with tonic water for now though.
I love the support everyone is giving what a great bunch you all are.
Oooh it's gone quiet in here - is that cos everyone's finding it easy??!

I have to say things are much easier for me, not so long ago I was counting the hours till the halfway point, but then I realised today we had gone past it!

Got a couple of family dos next week but.com not worried, I'll be doing the driving so no problems

... I am planning some champers for November 1st though!!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 Next
229 posts Page 3 of 16