The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

229 posts Page 4 of 16
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16 Next
I'm OK midweek, even though I often have a drink midweek, I'm not missing it that much. I am missing it of a weekend though, but only two more weekends to go and we're there!
I'm going to stop drinking midweek right up until Christmas though, helps keep the calories down!
Weekends are definitely the worst.

We went out for a pizza today and I glanced over at the table next to me and they were all having a glass of red wine. Oooh, I could so easily have had a nice glass of red.

I'm not succumbing though or I'll be cross with myself.

:chicken2:
Hi. I'm still here. For anyone who is tempted, here is a tecchie link on why alcohol stops you from burning fat, so every drink we have, we choose to hold onto our body fat http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10539756
I'm hanging in there - hubs has a nice bottle of red lined up this eve :cry:

Just wondering how many more cups of coffee I'm consuming though!
Still here. Easy peasy, yes we're getting there aren't we. And I'm nibbling less in the Eve too,
Keep up,the good work and thanks Karen @rawkaren will read in the morning.
Only 5 more days to go for those of us just doing October. I bought my alcohol for November at the weekly shop and my goodness it makes a difference not drinking! Just got back from a family do in London and not drinking was fairly easy, missed not having a few with my sis the night before though. Got another do tonight but this one I'm not bothered about drinking.

Moved the girls into bed last night, though I would be dying for a glass but no, it was fine and I think the girls were a bit freaked out when my voice came over the monitor telling them get back into bed even though i wasn't in the room and couldn't possibly see.... Isn't technology great?!!

Looking forward to my wine on Saturday though and will be using the time off the booze to help me cut back going forward
Two more days. I'm not even bothered.
I have taken to eating more chocolate though this month, all within my cal allowances. Or maybe I'm just noticing it as I'm logging more diligently.
I've also lost 5lb since the beginning of October. :victory:
One day to go! I'm not too bothered either TBH! I might have a beer tomorrow night as I have my brother coming round for dinner but apart from that I'm going to carry on not drinking at all midweek and just have a little drink on the weekend but only if I really want one, not just for the sake of it.
I saw a new low on the sales last week and I'm sure not drinking has helped that, I just hope I can lose more before Christmas now.
I am starting my plan to give up alcohol for 30 days starting tomorrow. I hope it won't be too difficult. Some of the comments here encourage me that it won't be. I also hope it will result in some weight-loss ( as long as I don't develop a chocolate habit to compensate). Planning my goodbye martini tonight.
judithn wrote: I am starting my plan to give up alcohol for 30 days starting tomorrow. I hope it won't be too difficult. Some of the comments here encourage me that it won't be. I also hope it will result in some weight-loss ( as long as I don't develop a chocolate habit to compensate). Planning my goodbye martini tonight.

I deleted the duplicate post for you Judith.
Good luck with the de-alcoholisation. Yes I made that up.
Just another night for us October'ers.
Good luck @judithn the first week for me was definitely the hardest, I think it's a mental thing tbh, by the time I got to 14 days I was hardly bothered. Don't get me wrong I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, I'm certainly not carrying on but will be making sure I cut right back to a healthier level
Well done to everyone who made it through the month. Enjoy your tipple tomorrow.
Well done everyone.
Aren't we a determined bunch.
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Congrats to everyone :like: You have all inspired me to join sober Nov. While I cut out red wine, in 2013 and midweek wine since starting 52 I still have diluted wine at weekends. Last weekend was a big family birthday (no dilution and big glasses!), Friday night one wine, Saturday lunch two wines followed by champagne, Sunday lunch two wines! Result: weigh in today after two fasts this week 1lb gain. I was interested to hear from @rawkaren that alcohol 'hangs onto fat'. Are there any other foods that 'hang onto fat ...? So in an attempt to lose the last few pounds to goal I'm going AF. I have cut out bread, pots, pasta, rice ....... don't eat sweet things ... While wine at weekends was a treat I now feel like I've been sabotaging my final efforts to get to goal. Let's see.
It's quite a nice feeling to be a sober newbie this November - any other newbies joining up?
I might carry on too. It has made not a jot of difference to my weight but my BF % has gone down which is what I care about more. However I have a friend in town today so might be having a glass of wine with dinner.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16 Next
229 posts Page 4 of 16