The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 45 of 47
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
I hope you have a very enjoyable holiday in Portugal SueQ! The local Cliff Richard wine is very drinkable :grin:
I'm back on the scenic route with Friday's fast going to pot & changing into an eating day which made weighing today irrelevant & fasting being changed to tomorrow to keep my OH company. He is having a colonoscopy on Monday so has had to modify his food today to white bland non fibrous everything & chicken consommé & tomorrow no food & lots of laxatives to clear his gut for examination on Monday. This is a five year follow up so nothing to worry about.
My carb intake has definitely gone up since trying so hard to lose weight before my son's wedding & since then consciously relaxing my eating & exercise routine. I must get back on the straight & narrow again & the Christmas Challenge starting in October will hopefully help. My next big holiday is going to Japan in mid-November & it would be great to be 11 stone something before then. It is a long flight & the holiday will involve much walking around historic & archaeological sites & I now have to wear surgical stockings because of my confirmed varicose vein. I am worried about DVTS when flying but will have my vein treated in December & also more surface thread veins. Getting to my correct weight will help all this so I have no excuse now :frown: :neutral:
Will look out for that wine @isis As red wine is my tipple but what label does it go by? :like:
Yes let's actually meet this next challenge :like: :clover:
I'm weighing in tomorrow morning for the challenge but on Friday was way out after a good feed day yesterday I was down!!!
Weird.
On my return I need to pull my socks up too
For you getting into the 11s before your lovely holiday would be fantastic so let's nail this one together :heart: Sue
Sue one of the wines name is Vida Nova & the winery is called Adega Do Cantor not far from Albufeira. There are trips to go around the winery that I haven't done but we did enjoy drinking the wine in local restaurants :smile:
Yes let's get on the band wagon for a good challenge weight loss. I read about other peoples wonderful weight loss success & sometimes despair that I will ever reach my goal weight. My average weight loss throughout this year is 8oz a week which is rather low!
My yesterday's dalliance with idiotic white carbs to keep my OH company ( really the only fibre he was allowed to eat before his colonoscopy) has resulted in gut confusion that for me enforces my belief that eating much lower carbs is the way to go. I also feel very tired today. But I do feel I should make a Victoria sponge today because I am hosting my beading group but after that carbs are off my eating list. My OH has also been reducing his intake that I feel can only help balance his glucose levels because he is a Type2 diabetic. All in all I must get back to fasting well & monitoring the calorific content of higher protein, more fresh veg & lower carb meals on my eating days.
But do have an enjoyable holiday with enjoyable meals out Sue & worry about getting back into a stricter eating routine after your holiday :grin:
Thanks for that @isis will deffo try some while we're there
Hope your hubby goes on OK and yes we do feel better for reducing our carb intake, I had mini carb binge on Friday and was ready for bed at 9pm :shock: tired all day Saturday too.
:like: :clover: :heart: Sue
Hope yr Hub gets on ok @isis..not a pleasant procedure is it :confused:
Whats this about your beading group? What does it entail ( beads obviously!)
So do you make beady things? X
I got a feeling this challenge will go well as lots folk seem all fired up and ready for it xx
Thank you CandiceMarie this is just a five year check up so hopefully nothing unexpected will be found.
There are four of us in our beading group & we use tiny seed beads to make jewellery & I have recently started using Soutache braid as well. I also use semi-precious stones & pearls to make bracelets & necklaces. We follow patterns or just adapt things to our own designs. It's good fun sharing ideas & techniques & having a good chinwag :smile: We originally met & learnt through a beginners group through our local U3A.
Let us all put our best feet forward for the challenge :grin:
Your group sounds interesting @isis..i had a little google of Soutache stuff ..i bet that's an absorbing hobby! X
Glad Oh just needs a routine check up :like: @
Well, it looks as though I'm going backwards! :frown:
Not done the excise since August, what with holidays etc.
Weighed this morning and 1kg up, not much change in measurements and waist is still half my height. :neutral:
Did think that as there has been so little movement that I would be introducing mysefl
to the maintenance tent. Wrong!
However,, the terrible hunger that I was experiencing has abated and I have been gaily doing two proper 500 cal fasts and a 'slsck' one a week. On the 'slack' one, I fast all day and have an ordinary dinner.
That strategy isn't working. :geek:
So, back to 3 proper fasts a week. I have been hovering about the same weight for months and months, so getting to 58kg seems unrealistic. I've decided I'll settle for between 60 and 62kg. I'm only wee but rather dense so although it still has a BMI of overweight, it'll do.
I will exercise more.
I'm not going to do the Christmas challenge as I find it makes me set unrealistic goals. I know it works for lots of people- I'm just not one of them.
I will declare me to be a marzipan free zone until December though. That's a tough one! Christmas cake baking next weekend and that traditionally is accompanied by marzipan testing. Just to make sure the quality is there you understand :bugeyes:
And no more battenburg trials...
I'm with you@janeg I did the Christmas challenge last year and rather flookily reached my target. My weight loss has slowed down in my 2nd year and I have decided not to join in any more challenges because failure is dispiriting. I will just keep pottering on my very slow and tortuous downward path. It would be nice if I could reach my interim target of 11stone by Christmas. My initial target of 10 1/2 stone for my fastiversary in November has long since gone out the window - maybe next year......
I know there are many of us in the same boat @Lil.
I'm into my second year of fasting now and have been doing 4:3 for over a year too, so I'm definitely in for the long haul :shock:
Still, I would like to think that I don't have to do 4:3 to maintain! That would be a bit of a bummer.
I love the challenges though for the support etc. Just setting goals can be so useful too. So, I'll set my goals and tootle along at my glacial pace and be thankful I have all that I have- my cake and eat it!
Oh lil and janeg - me too! My first six months of loss was fantastic yet I've been puttering along at 70-72kgs since then, more or less. I'm 5ft 7inches tall so it may be I've arrived where my body feels best to be. No fasting last week (as constipation gripped me) has brought me to 72kgs (and all is now well), so probably a fast from 7pm tonight for 20-24 hours and see what happens. With Winter approaching I expect more hunger naturally but hope to stave it off with teaspoons of coconut butter this year :0)
Hoping for all good things for us {{{+}}}
Yes, I 'm here too. I haven't lost any weight for ages. I'm not doing 4:3 and I don't really want to. It looks like I'll have to do 5:2 just to maintain, for the rest of my life. I once dreamed of dropping to 6:1. I'm simply not prepared to try to control my eating outside of those 2 days. I'm still officially fat. In fact, I am fat. Just not as fat as I was 18 months ago. Oh well, fasting does get easier and easier.
@Janeg @Lil @Azureblue @Sallyo It'll be my first full winter of fasting so while reading your posts I have reset my xmas goal - to arrive where I am now in Spring time ........... yep, I like that goal - just aiming for calm waters through to spring goal :wink: :wink: bit like hibernating ..................
@gillymary how you going on without yr Sue.Q buddy? X
Amazingly I have lost 400g since Sunday! Not fasted in the end but had four teaspoons of coconut butter a day and plenty of fresh veg, a little fruit, a few rice cakes (I really like the sesame seed ones), a few gluten free oatcakes, both with unsalted butter, tasty organic cheese , natural greek yogurt and organic eggs, fish and today a chicken leg and veggie crock pot.
I feel good and shall continue.
Unfortunately, OH has gone off veg completely, just wants to eat pies/pasties/ravioli with baked beans :0. I'm going along with this for now, hoping he will get bored and come back to the green side :0)
Makes for two very separate meals though.
Previous 1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 45 of 47