The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 44 of 47
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
@wildmissus Blimey they are long days especially when you're on your feet for the whole time, and if you're managing to fast on your days off that's good
you can work on the rest later at least you love your work and believe me that's really something , I really hated my last 5 yrs in a dead end job didn't really enjoy the previous 3yrs and that made those last 8yrs feel like a lifetime and a half, and I didn't feel well at all dropping into a very dark place.
So job satisfaction us something to behold, well done I'm so pleased for you, don't worry to much about the holiday gain sort out your work and eating habits first, the rest will follow. :heart: :heart:
Thanks @Sue.Q. My first job was working for a Bank. I did all the bank exams and became a Business Banking Manager but then the Bank (all banks) started changing. Finally I ended up off ill with mild depression and on anti depressants. When I had my first daughter I left and got a part time job in John Lewis. OMG...the bank had me brainwashed into believing I had the best job in the world, even though I hated it. I loved working in John Lewis (furnishing fabric department). I would never ever continue to do a job I really didn't like ever again. It is harder to move jobs when you are a bit older but it is well worth it and lets face it they wouldn't have taken me on if they didn't think I was worth it.
I suppose all you young mums with children who've been residing in this tent will be moving out and getting your skates on this week as the summer holidays are over for the children.
Well I certainly can't use that one a reason for taking the scenic route but alas I'm still here and have been all year never mind some things can't be helped and It's not a race which is just as well
at my age lol
Anyone keeping me company?
:heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart:
@Sue.Q I'm still here, no weight loss this week.

I need to sort out my new eating routine with my new job. ATM I'm coming home after I finish at 2pm and pigging out on rubbish. Next week I have a plan - I have lots of nuts in the house (husband, 2 girls, 2 cats :lol: but mostly almonds) so I'm going to have a handful of them with a couple of slices of nice meat from my deli counter. That would be a lot better than toast with cheese, a packet of crisps, a bar of chocolate and a few biscuits :oops: !
Sounds like a good plan @wildmissus But you're maintaining so that's good considering all your upheaval with new job and change of times finishing work, that's it a dodgy time to return home, my sister has same problem so she's started to call the gym in town then at mine for a long slow coffee just to kill time.

My loss this week was 150grams!!!! Whatever that is lol
I've stopped buying nuts now for a while because I can't stop eating them when in the house, good fats I know but they'll have to wait awhile before I start again I'm week with temptation,
but while doing the food shop Fri I bought a chicken from the bbq area in Tesco and ate some of that on its own when I got back, at least its that was zero carb. :heart: Sue x
@wildmissusi can understand the getting home at 2 pm scenario as it happened to me years ago when i used to do a 6-2 shift..something about getting home just after two instead of about six made me sorta feel in relaxed holiday mood and i'd be looking for nibbles x yeh you need a plan.laughed about the nuts in yr house besides almonds!
@Sue.Q i agree with you,i cant stop eating nuts if they're in the house...hot chicken is fab,ive got a bit of a craze on it lately,and its great that its carb free..filling,comforting tasty,guiltfree and good for you x
Yesterday for lunch I ate a bag of pistachios, today a bag of macadamia nuts (100g); very high in calories and fats, good in protein, low in carbs and sugars. As long as I don't eat many carbs for dinner (lemon sole + veg) all shall be well.
She said, weighing in at 71.9kgs today :0(
I am still on the scenic route having relaxed for a while but now back on track with a Christmas challenge as I want to be warning all my smaller sized clothes this summer. Wish me luck
Good luck honey x
So I fasted for 23 hours yesterday but was out of control hungry and hate 640 (healthy) calories. Today I weigh the same as yesterday :0(
Onward, onward, slowly, crawling, ever hopeful.
Yes, I'm on the scenic route, enjoying the slow ride. In fact I think I've stopped to look at the view. Good luck @gillymary. I don't even dare set a weight loss goal because I can't really imagine that I can lose any more weight. I'd like to, but I'm trying to set goals I know I can meet. So my Christmas club goal is to get my walking back on track. That's something I can do something about.
I'm still here. 11st 2lb this morning which is 3lb off this week - very pleased but still 2lb to get off to get to my all time low, pre holiday weight at the end of July! @CandiceMarie, I think changing my fast days to working days has helped.

Today I'm working 10am - 5pm, then getting a Chinese carry out with a bottle of plonk. After that I'm on holiday for a week and I'm hoping to have some me time (meeting @Nessie for lunch on Monday). During that time I'm going to actually read some of the low GI/GL recipe books I bought a while back - 2 by Antony Worrel Thompson and 2 by Patrick Holford. It really is about time I got under 11st and to my goal of 10st 7lb- 10lbish. I'm the opposite from you @Sallyo, I seem to do better when I don't join in the challenges!
Pleased to see this one back. It is my sort of place as am definetly on the scenic route. I have joined the christmas challenge and am aiming to do two fasts as many weeks as possible. It may slip when I am on holiday! Am sort of comfortable where I am but know medically I am too heavy. I made a tea loaf yesterday I am looking forward to having today, buttered! Have stayed off the chocolate and had only one glass of wine this month, so some things are good!
:clover: Good luck @gillymary With your xmas goal, I don't think that publicly setting a goal has ever hindered me in anyway at all or stopped me meeting said goal OH no I manage that one all by myself with the self sabotage, ive always set myself a goal weight and time before the challenges were set up on forum,
but I've really got to get a grip with the sugar cravings and the xmas goal I've set is optimistic to say the least considering that very slow rate at which I've been traveling lately so had a chat with hubby about his obsession anything covered in chocolate + wrapped in shiny paper!!!
not going to be buying quite so many after my holiday whether he likes it or not I'll be doing us both a favour because he's eating far to many. :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:
Yes @nursebean I'll drag you over here lol
Off to Portugal tomorrow and will just do the best I can, and as low carb as I can not to much alcohol but I'm on holiday after all so I won't deprive myself of anything, yes I'm truthfully praying that the desert section is awful coz that's what caused so much damage during my May holiday, plenty walking to compensate for not fasting in any shape or form.
Declaring that I'm keeping that goal and will really go for it plus all the gain I make away. :clover: :heart: :like:
Have a great time on your holiday, @Sue.Q. Enjoy what you eat and eat what you enjoy - that's what I do on holiday - and then remove any surplus weight when I return! It usually comes off quite quickly and I've had a good time into the bargain! :grin: Your plan sounds much more sensible than mine, though!! :like:
Thanks @StowgateResident will have a good time deffo :heart:
But its putting my plan into action that's what I need to do. :like:
Previous 1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 44 of 47