The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 47 of 47
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
Thanks Caro @carorees..i was feeding the squirrels in the park the other day and reflecting how wonderful it would be to fill the store cupboards and go for a cosy long sleep throughout the upcoming short dark cold days,waking only occasionally to nibble on luscious foods then snooze again..waking next spring streamlined and svelte,with bright eyes and tons of energy! x
CandiceMarie wrote: Thanks Caro @carorees..i was feeding the squirrels in the park the other day and reflecting how wonderful it would be to fill the store cupboards and go for a cosy long sleep throughout the upcoming short dark cold days,waking only occasionally to nibble on luscious foods then snooze again..waking next spring streamlined and svelte,with bright eyes and tons of energy! x

CandiceMarie I do like the idea of waking up in the spring streamlined & svelte :grin: if only we could!
Thank you Caroline for finding the article it was helpful information.
@CandiceMarie et al just hopped off the scales and thank goodness an effective fast was had a couple of days earlier. It is heartening to see some movement.

Go with the soup recipes on the forum already I say the roasted garlic cauliflower one is sublime as with the green soup which has roasted garlic and mushrooms and I find adding your own home made veg stock is another delightful dimension

The intent of this thread was that it was extremely pertinent to those of us who struggle even when we fast persistently. A space to be comforted and comfortable due to our slower but equally relevant journey
Calling in to say hello to my scenic friends,and special hi there to @gillymary x
Hi there, not only on the scenic route but on a complete detour. I would love to hibernate and wake up skinny. Not much chance of that.
A few of us still here!!
Ooo, I love the scenic route. Even detours.
I'm still here too. The only reason why is because of the health benefits and also this lovely community. It sure is not for the weight loss because no matter what I try, it does not want to budge unless I eat less than 1200 cals on normal days which is not sustainable. On the good news front I'm probably eating the healthiest I have ever eaten in my life having spent a year and a half listening to my body and finding out what works for me and what does not. The hardest thing I have found is giving up eggs. I overdosed on them when I was fat fasting and ended up getting some sort of reaction - really rapid heartbeat. Since I stopped eating eggs, everything has been fine.
No eggs?! That must be just plain awful. Worse than giving up chocolate? Er, no, perhaps not!
Whats 5:19? You fast 5 days in every 19 or 19 in every 5?
Bean :confused:
As a matter of interest, and with a show of hands (so to speak), I'm wondering how many people who are currently maintainers would say that they took the Scenic or Non-Too Scenic Route to their goals?

I'm a maintainer: I would mix my metaphors and say that my route was non-too scenic with extensive periods of being becalmed or downright stuck in the doldrums. :curse:
@nursebean 19:5 means eating in a five hour window and fasting for the other 19 hours. Yes it is very restrictive not eating eggs but too scared to try them again at the moment.
Hi everyone, just had this thread recommended to me and I am definitely on the scenic route after more than a year in between trying 5:2. I began 5:2 in 2013, lost a four lbs in 2 months but it took so long that I gave up. After weight gain on holiday in August, I started 5:2 again in September at 144, now 139 but the scales hover close to that 140 figure! I got down to 137 but put it back on. Currently in a real plateau because I'm having a stressful time and struggling to do 5:2 - at the moment it is 6:1!
Everyone says it's so easy but I don't find it easy at all, I feel deprived sometimes and grumpy. The weight loss is agonisingly slow, even when I'm doing two fast days a week.
rawkaren wrote: @nursebean 19:5 means eating in a five hour window and fasting for the other 19 hours. Yes it is very restrictive not eating eggs but too scared to try them again at the moment.

About two years ago, I figured out it was eggs making me so ill everytime I ate them, I gave them up too. I'm 53, this never happened before, so I don't know if it's the egg farming methods (tho it happens with organic too) or my body is just changing as I age...
I have tried eating them once a month and as long as I limit it to one, I'm not as bad, but if I don't think about it as an ingredient in something I order, I have to wear my running shoes about 1/2 hour after I eat....
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 47 of 47