The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 46 of 47
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
Well done with losing some weight Azureblue!
I'm also going backwards & gaining weight not losing any. I think my main difference in routine is not feeling able to return to my exercise routine. It feels like I have a sort of shin splint ache in my left leg & an achy right foot & ankle. I feel reluctant to go to my GP because he has replaced my now retired GP who knew me well enough to recognise that I'm not a hypochondriac! but these aches are so nebulous & I suspect difficult to pin down & identify! So I'm resting my legs on a stool when sitting & just doing gentler aerobic walking exercise. It's rather frustrating & I'm fasting today as I still do 4:3 but I've been too demoralised to go back to daily weighing as well to monitor what I'm doing weightwise :frown:
Hello lovely scenic route peeps, Good to have such lovely company. Am also resigned to 5:2 as 6:1 wasn't enough. Though I did join Xmas club just thought it might help to motivate with the aims and goals. We'll see.

@CandiceMarie I have been a busy bee so haven't be on the forum much lately. Would have been lovely to go on holidays with @Sue.Q so I hope we get lots of good holiday stories when Sue gets back

How are you Candy?
Hi @gillymary i am fine thanks x wd be even better if i was crashing @Sue.Q s hols!
Just been for tea and cream scone with DD ( just one scone between us,naughty but nice)
I was convinced TomHanks was sitting near us...DD didnt really think so but wasn't altogether sure..
Anyway,when we saw him full face,it deffo wasn't him..but he had a Tom Hanks profile! :lol:
Saw something lovely after that..i got the bus,DD waiting to meet her hubby..from my bus, i saw him running towards her and hugging and hugging and kissing her..aaaahhhh young love,it's magical!x
I don't know why the Scenic route is in the 'off diet chat' department because clearly it is very On diet chat.
Anyway, I have been a long time on the scenic route and haven't lost any weight since about March. But today, friends, although I have given up weighing as a bad practice which only discourages me, today, friends, I note that my pants are loose. Just saying.
Nice one @Sallyo.!
I have actually been weighing daily this week for interest. The variation is eyebrow raising. One full kilo below recorded weight at one point. Today though, after a full week of 4:3 and mindful eating ( I consciously chose to eat a full set of jelly babies, not a full bag!) I am seeing a whole 100g reduction!
pooh
Well, at least my glacier is full of friends ...
Way to go @Sallyo! :cool:
@Janeg - I weigh daily but when I get to maintenance the plan is to weigh in weekly as daily weighing for the rest of my life seems bonkers :bugeyes: :bugeyes: You do learn a lot from daily weighing, but if it's discouraging, bin it! :grin:
Well done Sallyo you keep on going!
I have lost some weight this week but still not back to what I weighed three weeks ago! I'm wondering with the evenings drawing in & it getting colder & greyer if our bodies respond to this in northern climes? I know that I have mild SAD & that I respond negatively to a lack of sunshine & that I was lucky last winter not having to take St Johns Wort. I know when I need it because I feel extra tired, slightly low in mood & have low energy. I think my instinct is to eat more carbs that is a bit like self medicating on sweeter things but also a reversion to a sort of hibernation mode to store up fat for winter?
@Isis it's my first full autumn/winter so I welcome your comments as I had been thinking this is coming on.
I had noticed @Sallyo and friends have struggled during their winter and our UP summer.
I have not seen a winter thread - perhaps we should open a flap to the tent? :?: Lx :heart:
I agree Lizbean! There surely must be others on the forum who may also find they have SAD & have a tougher time coping during the winter months? I'm sure it is more difficult to lose weight when the days are shorter there is less sunshine & the weather is colder. I always feel chillier on fast days & even more so when days are grey & cold.
Yes, I have never been able to lose weight in winter, but I will say this, under the 5:2 regime at least I haven't regained weight lost in summer. I have done 2 winters on 5:2 now and both years I have kept off weight. So that's good. Now it is getting to be summer here and I am slightly hopeful that I will begin losing again. I would be really interested in any science that anyone can come up with about weight loss and cold weather. I notice that people who live in colder climates do tend to be fatter than our equatorial friends. Even people living in Sydney are skinnier than Tasmanians - although that could be socio-economic status.

In winter soup is your friend. That's what I've got to say about 5:2 in winter.
Hi @carorees I wonder if there are any 5:2 stats or science to support our Q's about how fasting during the winter V summer varies.
I did find something last winter about it. I'll try to find it again...it must be in the lab somewhere amongst all the dusty test tubes and flasks in there!
Interesting comments today, my soup consumption as already increased this last week.
As has my weight ...
I must stick with the useful discipline of no eating after 7pm, giving at least 3 hours of digestion before bed, and engendering a short fast of around 15 hours daily. I've been eating nuts, rice cakes and oatcakes rather too readily, so easily done with tasty butter, a symptom of this seasonal change probably.
It does get wearying trying to keep a lid on it all though, this side of Christmas I may have to relax some rules (and waist lines as a result), pull it back together start of 2015.
Ho hum.
Onward and um, onward :0)
@Azureblue yes I bought sweet potatoes, rice cakes and stilton this weekend - I feel like I'm going into hibernation, not in a bad way, it's just a change I am very aware of - managing fasting in a different way. I now understand @Sallyo 's comments re fasting to maintain over the winter, not that I have much left to lose.
Now I'm very late for work .... off I dash.
I couldn't find anything in the lab...though I'm sure I found a paper on it once. However, I did find this thread which links to an article in Mark's Daily Apple about "autumn feed syndrome" started by @Azureblue last year: post123077.html
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 46 of 47