The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

703 posts Page 43 of 47
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
Hi @Bobshouse You e got quite enough on your plate right now and maybe fasting will have to go on the back burner until someone actually helps you, maybe the eating window then trying to shorten the window as you go, just to maintain would be great but we all use food as a crutch in times of stress,
Good. Luck with that new contact :clover: sounding hopeful again but as you've said you've seen it all before and watching a parent slip away with such a terrible disease is heartbreaking. :clover: :clover:
Sending love, hope, good wishes, and hugs to you. x :heart: :clover: :like:
Thanks @Sue.Q not quite sure why I fixated on a 4lb wiggly roomer:?: I just know 9st is my upper limit in order to keep the pain of arthritis in check. Do you think your whittling around is moving you off this plateau. For me having a good walk on a proper fast day has resulted in progress.

@Bobhouse - I agree with Sue, not a time to be hard on yourself as your Dad is your No 1 concern. My heart goes out to you - my BL is a GP and gives us good advice as my parent's GP is lacking good and timely practice. Let us know how you get on with the new approach. If that does not work we can help you think through your plan of attack :wink: I hope that helps.
@Bobshouse, I think you're being really hard on yourself - I reckon ALL of us on here know what it's like to use food as a comfort in times of stress and given the stuff with your dad I'm really not surprised you're finding it hard just now. But don't beat yourself up - just do what you can and don't give up either! Fingers crossed that your new contact re your dad will be helpful and then the fasting will get easier when you get less stressed. I always enjoy reading your blog too.

Liz x :smile:
@Lizbean lol. My 200grams loss last week to me to my lowest weight since I began so I'm hoping I've busted through the plat
But this bug has completely floored me and I've been virtually housebound for 10 days I've not had the energy to walk any distance at all, today has been better I've not had to go back to bed, and even done a little housework and if I can increase that over the next few days maybe even a little fastday walk will be on the cards for Monday but I'll have to build up very carefully indeed, the best summer in years and then this happens never mind I've had loads of fresh air sitting out in the garden watching OH work. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you all. I very much hope that after over a year of battling for help with my dad I have finally got somewhere! Am now poised for a quick trip to the UK for yet another meeting!
Fingers crossed Bob@Bobshouse for some help at last X :clover:
@Sue.Q health first, then fasting and walking will bring good health - does that make sense? Tis bed timey. @Bobhouse - good luck and let us know how you get on. :clover:

Really bedtime now. :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:
@Sue.Q. I'm back from my hols - we had a great time. I missed a few breakfasts but it was so hot that I constantly craved crisps and peanuts - probably for salt. I haven't got on the scales yet and really not looking forward to it. I'd guess at least 7lb on. I'm planning a liquid fast tomorrow then I'll do a proper weigh in on Saturday and I'll let you know. I start my new job on Monday which means I will be on my feet all day which should help me lose the weight.

BTW Sue, I was at the hospital getting a heart monitor fitted today and returning it tomorrow. So hopefully I might start getting answers to the constant palpitations soon - it has only been 8 months since they first started!
Welcome back @wildmissus Glad you've had a good holiday and that the weather was kind to you all. :like:
Good news that things are moving in right direction regarding your tests, maybe you'll get answers sometime soon.
I'm moving very slowly again regarding weightloss :like: :like:
Will tag you my post from 2weeks ago to give you a laugh.
:heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover:
Ooh good luck @wildmissuswith the heart monitor! Hope all gets sorted for you very soon x :clover:
Well I've finally updated my tracker. 6lbs on from my holidays. That means I am now 160lbs, I had secretly hoped to stay below 160. However, it could have been a whole lot worse. I know I over carbed on holiday so I am still more bloated that usual. Getting back into a routine next week will help, though with starting a new job where I start work at 7am will take a little bit of getting used to!

As you all know I'm here for the long term so I'll just keep plodding on.
Best of luck with your new job @wildmissus and fingers X'd for you on Monday morning x
Well done @wildmissus I'd call that a very good holiday with a small gain over your 2 weeks plus your wish was granted you didn't go over 160lbs!!! :like: :clover: :heart:
Good luck for day one of your new job on Monday :clover:
hope you manage to do your normal fasting days,
we're on for another
Determination Day on Monday join us if you can. :clover: :clover: :clover:
I'm still taking the scenic route bouncing some off then back on again just hoping the offs are the bigger numbers.

Well how's your new job going @wildmissus?
All OK I hope but then it may be a short week because of the bank holiday, hope you manage the fasting without the third degree. :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover:
@Sue.Q, I'm pooped! I'm on my feet and active for 7 hours with a wee break in between, I hardly get a chance to draw breath. I also have a twenty minute walk there and back. I'm a week and a half in and my feet, legs and hips are beginning to get used to it. I am enjoying it especially as I'm beginning to get the hang of things. I work 7am - 2pm Tue, Wed, Fri and 10am - 5pm Sat and I love the fact that my working day passes so quickly and then I can go home and have time to myself before the family come home.

However.............fasting...........mmm. At the moment there is no way I could fast while I am working as I need the food for energy. This means that when I get up at 5:45am I have a couple of oat cakes with hummous, then for my break at about 10am I have my overnight oats and, this morning, some fesh pineapple - ok so far. I then go home and at about 2:30pm I have some toast and cheese which would be ok if I stopped at that but today I then had a packet of crisps, a piece of walnut cake, a piece of shortbread and a moser roth :shock: . At 6:30pm I had the Hairy Dieter chilli with a wee bit of rice and one slice of garlic bread....and an ice lolly and three chocolate chip cookies.

Lunch time is always when things go wrong for me. It is early days for me at work but I really want to get into good eating habits. At the moment I'm fasting Mon & Thurs when I am off, perhaps when I'm more settled in at work I might be able to fast Tue & Fri which would reduce the amount I'm eating on a work day.

I've started trying some of the things I sell. Chilli olives - yum yum, chicken tikka kebab - definitely have that again, West Country Extra Mature Farmhouse Cheddar - very nice. With any luck I'll start eating better quality nibbles instead of my usual high carb rubbish.

I won't be leaving the tent for a while as I've still got 5 of the 6lbs of post holiday weight to lose.
Previous 1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 Next
703 posts Page 43 of 47