The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

111 posts Page 2 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
Alf wrote: Hi Juliana

Can I come in yet? Libra says I am at 66.2Kg and my target is 65Kg. I can wait until next week (hopefully) but I've got a lovely Peace Lily here to brighten the place up :smile:

Come on in. yes you qualify. 1.2 kg is close enough!

The Peace Lily look great! Hope your stay is fun (and not too long) cause there the big Mtent i can see over there and they are preparing a big feast.

(the M tent is the Maintenance tent)

from adamwilson.info http://adamwilson.info/cartoons/Are_we_ ... there_yet/
Thanks Juliana.

Must admit I was going to be a bit carefree about the last Kg, thinking that as long as I was on target by my fastiversary in May I would be fine. But as usual you've inspired by dangling the carrot that is maintenance, in front of my nose.

So after a great fast yesterday my Libra trend is down to 66.1Kg. But best of all my weigh in this morning was 65.1. I know that won't last the weekend but hey, I've seen it so know I can do it. :victory:

I don't know why I picked 65kg as my target, just seemed a nice round figure having always worked in stones before. I didn't want to go below 10st so I guess 65kg which is 10st 3lb is about right.

Caro, I'm extremely jealous that you have a tiny waist. I've got mine down to hovering around the 50% of height (33in) but am struggling to get it down further. Put my measurements into a body shape calculator yesterday and guess what. I'm a banana :bugeyes: Guess I need to start working on those abs.
Alf wrote: Thanks Juliana.

Must admit I was going to be a bit carefree about the last Kg, thinking that as long as I was on target by my fastiversary in May I would be fine. But as usual you've inspired by dangling the carrot that is maintenance, in front of my nose.

So after a great fast yesterday my Libra trend is down to 66.1Kg. But best of all my weigh in this morning was 65.1. I know that won't last the weekend but hey, I've seen it so know I can do it. :victory:

I don't know why I picked 65kg as my target, just seemed a nice round figure having always worked in stones before. I didn't want to go below 10st so I guess 65kg which is 10st 3lb is about right.

Caro, I'm extremely jealous that you have a tiny waist. I've got mine down to hovering around the 50% of height (33in) but am struggling to get it down further. Put my measurements into a body shape calculator yesterday and guess what. I'm a banana :bugeyes: Guess I need to start working on those abs.

I am glad I can inspire again @alf. someone told me I won an award for it :-) interesting how we all pick our targets. i reckon i picked the wrong one first. theres tonnes of threads about how to pick the right one but i still think its all a bit subjective. Suspect we just know instinctively.. i guess add the activity side of things with H.I.T. or traditional exercise then from both weight and health point of view one may feel that they have "arrived" at their destination.

Yes when you see a low number on the scales for the first time its so thrilling. happened to me when i say 69.9 and i remember jumping on the forum to shout it out. Of course you cant just say youve got there till "trend" weight is the right figure which from a simplistic point of view the last 10 weigh-ins, daily or weekly) average out to the goal weight.
Down to 55.6k today so only 1.6k to go now to goal and 600g before I am allowed in this tent. This is probably going to be the slowest 600g I have experienced.....but I hope not!
I think I'd rather be a banana than an apple any day of the week now @Alf or even a stick of asparagus!
@Juliana.Rivers

anybody taking a peak in the tent and already in maintenance.... what has been your motivation. ?

Taking inspiration from the stories of members like those in this tent continues to motivate me!

Also, in my 5th month in maintenance, the scales are motivating me once more. It took a few months to stop missing the buzz of seeing a new low number. But now I get a buzz, perhaps a smaller one but still a buzz, each time I step on and see I am still at goal.
Hi folks in the nearly there tent!

I must confess that I am a lurker rather than a blogger but I am a huge fan off all of you amazing, inspirational forum friends. It strikes me that this tent may need a revolving door! I started 5:2 just over a year ago. I lost 4 stone in 8 months and since then I have been evangelical about this way of life. I reached a point just before Christmas which was a little below my ideal weight. I am a bit scrawny to be honest as I am 53 but just so comfortable now with how I feel rather than how I look! Following a big Christmas blow out/holiday I gained about 7 lbs. I set a new target when I got back to lose 5 of those. So far I have lost three! Can I shift the last two? Not a chance! I am back to doing 5:2 every week but don't have it in me to give up on my indulgent weekends! So, I intend to keep visiting the nearly there tent until the last two pounds are gone but I suspect that even if I lose them they will sneak back. Hence the need for the revolving door! I hope you don't mind me joining you! See you again.....and again....and again!

Mac.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: Image

from adamwilson.info http://adamwilson.info/cartoons/Are_we_ ... there_yet/

"Hey mom, what did the snail say during his ride on the turtle's back?"

"Wheeeeeeeeee..."
KEEP GOING!............in 3 days I will , officially, have been on maintenance for a whole year. I NEVER, EVER, thought I would achieve that, but here I am, living proof that it works and continues to work. I am about 5-6 pounds under my target weight so I have a LOT of wiggle room and have never felt better. Message?........KEEP GOING........IT WORKS. :victory:

Ballerina x :heart:
OK. I'm jumping in here if you will let me. I will fetch some big floor cushions to put in the corner.

I wan't to get down to 9st 10lb. For the last 4 months I have been hovering between 10 - 10.2.

I don't want to use the revolving doors. I need to stay in here till I reach my goal then move on to the maintenance tent.

Can I stay in here till then? :?: :smile: :wink:

Lesley
Auriga wrote: Down to 55.6k today so only 1.6k to go now to goal and 600g before I am allowed in this tent. This is probably going to be the slowest 600g I have experienced.....but I hope not!
I think I'd rather be a banana than an apple any day of the week now @Alf or even a stick of asparagus!

Hey @Auriga... you can come in early if you like. 1.6kg is still "nearly there" so come and joing the friendly support in here. we will have a mini party for you when you get that first 600g's off

reckon if youve lost 80% of your target weight loss anyone, you definietly qualify.

so if one had 20kg to lose, you can definitely come in here once you only have 4kg to go.

for me.. ive lost 4.7kg off a total desired lost of 6kg so ive lost 78%

i might change post 1 because of this... . i think 20% to go is a good way to think about it as people have different "total kilos" to lose
Oh thank you, thank you @Juliana.Rivers! In I come then: bringing in a coffee maker and heaps of comfy cushions. Nice and cosy in here at the moment.
Auriga wrote: Oh thank you, thank you @Juliana.Rivers! In I come then: bringing in a coffee maker and heaps of comfy cushions. Nice and cosy in here at the moment.

Make yourself comfortable Auriga. Shall we watch a movie?
I fancy watching 'Gravity'...seems apt Juliana for some strange reason.
bumping this up

its getting too quiet in this tent

any more nearly therers? ie. got about 80% through to your target weight.

this might be just 1kg but might be 2 or even 5kg if you had a lot more to lose.
I'm creeping slowly towards my (admittedly arbitrary) goal. Trend weight is just 700g above target. Trying to resist asking "are we nearly there yet?"
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 2 of 8