The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

111 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
This is the tent in preparation for fabulous maintenance days. Call it a stepping stone.. One should only be in this tent for say a month but i do fear being in here for at least 2 months.

Anyway to qualify for initial entrance to this near paradise, like a gateway to good weight heaven... you have to:

Have roughly up to 2kg (just over 4 pounds) to go
or say 20% of target weight loss to go till you hit ultimate target weight, whichever is the larger

As long as you can see your "target weight" just over the horizon and you can smell the good food coming out of the maintenance tent, then take a cushion and join us all .

Initially i had the tent set up just for members with just a kilo to go but for those trying to lose say 20kg or more, I think the 20% to go is a better qualifier to say you are "nearly there"

So to be clear.. say you had 20kg to lose on 5:2/4:3/16:8/ADF (how i put the main variants now) then you can come in when you have 4kg to go (20% of 20kg)

If you have 10kg to lose, then come in at 2kg to lose (or 20% of 10kg)

You can stay until you reach your target weight. Will be interesting to see just how long people need to stay in this "holding bay". Maybe its dependent on total weight lost since being. for me so far its 5kg or thereabouts.

===

When you have left i will turn you Green and we will have a celebration party!
hoping some may be able to vacate in April but something tells me that wont include me.

TENT MEMBERS AT THE MOMENT

1. Me.. @Juliana.Rivers... March 5
@with 1.2kg to go to reach 69.000 Libra trend weight

2. [tag]Alf ... March 7

with 1.2kg to go am 0 66.2Kg and my target is 65Kg.

3. @Auriga ... March 8
Down to 55.6k today so only 1.6k to go now to goal

3. @Maclib ... March 8
2 pounds to go

4. @Ballerina... March 8
5 too 6 pounds to go

5. @Lesley54... March 8
I wan't to get down to 9st 10lb.

6. @carorees ... March 8
1 kg to go to target (66.5kg)

7. @Maryanne... March 14
3.5k above target

8. @SannaKL...March 16

9. @Jaclee... March 20

10 @carolemagic... March 22...am 10st 1lb and want to get to 9st 10lb which for my height just eases me to a normal BMI as opposed to overweight. I am one of those short'dense' people who struggle with BMI but persevering. I have been on 5.2 for just over a year and lost 19lb which I am pleased with but it is not anywhere near 1lb per week. Now my aim is to fit nicely into a dress I have foolishly purchased a bit small, for my daughter's wedding on 21st June. That's motivation, for you

11. @Bordergirl... April 1
I'm going to change my target weight to 69.0 kg (not the original 68kg for fear of losing too much "weight" in my face and neck, something i am conscious of at this age. 69.0 means because of the way the averages go ill probably end up being between say 68.5 and 69.5 on the scales and thats low enough for me.

12. @Radleykitten... April 21
I'm 3 lbs away from my goal of 21 lbs and so pleased and delighted! I bang the 5:2 drum to everyone who will listen
So according to progress tracker here i'm on 69.9 so that qualifies me. (for the moment ill disregard Libra tracker that says 70.4).

Anyhow with anticipation of being "nearly there" i feel the need to share my last kilo journey with anyone in the same "boat". We can talk about our maintenance plans ahead and what we probably all suffer with here.. the dreaded plateau.. i think i started a thread about that some months back.

Excited.. thrilled. and a bit nervous.. hopefully i can escape to the maintenance tent real soon now. For those with 2, 3 or more kilos to go I probably will have escaped already but there will be others to keep the spirit up. I shall peer in from the maintenance tent, maybe even bring in a cherry pie for you feast days as a temptation.

Anyone want to enter this tent with me?

from adamwilson.info http://adamwilson.info/cartoons/Are_we_ ... there_yet/
Ohhh what a fab tent! I darent breathe near it,never mind enter..but one day,one day! X
Sounds like the departure lounge before the flight to Mauritius :lol: What a lovely idea. I hope one day to be able to check in :like:
rawkaren wrote: Sounds like the departure lounge before the flight to Mauritus :lol: What a lovely idea. I hope one day to be able to check in :like:

haha

it's the stairway to heaven.

I thought about this tent back in November when the Christmas club was up and running but thought i best refrain till i could get closer to my goal. 1 kilo is a nice neat number.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: One should only be in this tent for say a month but i do fear being in here for at least 2 months.

Careful with those "shoulds", Juliana. You might recall my lengthy stream of whines, as I was within 1.5 pounds of my target for an entire two months before reaching it. And now I've been bouncing around in the top half of my four pound acceptable "window" (plus 2, minus 2) ever since, so the month of maintenance I've done so far looks remarkably like the two months before...

But, I'm happy. Hang in there, kids. :smile:
Hi @Juliana.rivers, can I come in please? Libra today puts my trend weight exactly 1kg above target.

My target is 66.5kg. It's the weight I remember suggesting I should aim for to my OH back in 1988 when I was discussing how I'd like to lose a little, and that he was technically underweight and should probably also weigh 66.5kg. I remember joking that we should meet in the middle! Well, it's taken me 26 years to uphold my end of the bargain, but OH has failed to gain any weight so he's not doing his bit! I'm just going to have to accept that I'll always be heavier than him!

I'm only just into the normal BMI range but am going to stop at 66.5kg because my waist is well below 50% of my height and I'm comfortably wearing UK size 10 clothes. I have a medium-large frame and am v hourglass with bust measurement the same as my hips plus chunky arms so I think that taking my frame into consideration puts my adjusted BMI at around 23.5 once I get to my target. I've already too much lose skin so I don't want to go any lower as I'll just get more floppy! Hopefully there'll be some skin shrinkage over the coming years.

I must say that the prospect of maintenance is rather scary! I'm not sure how I'll cope when the trendline levels off! And what keeps one going when there's no new low to look forward to? Currently, I'm planning to keep on with 16:8 throwing in a longer fast whenever the trendline turns upwards.

What are your plans for maintenance Juliana?
wendyjane wrote:
Juliana.Rivers wrote: One should only be in this tent for say a month but i do fear being in here for at least 2 months.

Careful with those "shoulds", Juliana. You might recall my lengthy stream of whines, as I was within 1.5 pounds of my target for an entire two months before reaching it. And now I've been bouncing around in the top half of my four pound acceptable "window" (plus 2, minus 2) ever since, so the month of maintenance I've done so far looks remarkably like the two months before...

But, I'm happy. Hang in there, kids. :smile:

good point. there should be no "shoulds" scary but true it could be one month, two months, three months or even more... eeeks. oh well ill have party in the tent for as long as needed
carorees wrote: Hi @Juliana.rivers, can I come in please? Libra today puts my trend weight exactly 1kg above target.

My target is 66.5kg. It's the weight I remember suggesting I should aim for to my OH back in 1988 when I was discussing how I'd like to lose a little, and that he was technically underweight and should probably also weigh 66.5kg. I remember joking that we should meet in the middle! Well, it's taken me 26 years to uphold my end of the bargain, but OH has failed to gain any weight so he's not doing his bit! I'm just going to have to accept that I'll always be heavier than him!

I'm only just into the normal BMI range but am going to stop at 66.5kg because my waist is well below 50% of my height and I'm comfortably wearing UK size 10 clothes. I have a medium-large frame and am v hourglass with bust measurement the same as my hips plus chunky arms so I think that taking my frame into consideration puts my adjusted BMI at around 23.5 once I get to my target. I've already too much lose skin so I don't want to go any lower as I'll just get more floppy! Hopefully there'll be some skin shrinkage over the coming years.

I must say that the prospect of maintenance is rather scary! I'm not sure how I'll cope when the trendline levels off! And what keeps one going when there's no new low to look forward to? Currently, I'm planning to keep on with 16:8 throwing in a longer fast whenever the trendline turns upwards.

What are your plans for maintenance Juliana?

Hi Carorees.. wow we both have a kilo or so to go!. yep scary it is. and its a good question.. what keeps one going when there's no new low to look forward to.

anybody taking a peak in the tent and already in maintenance.... what has been your motivation. ?

you have lost 38kg which is an amazing effort and result thus far @Carorees. You must be so so proud.

as for my own plans , back in January i created a thread that said im going to be on 5:2 as opposed to 4:3 as 6:1 for me is just not enough to keep me focussed and also the overall health benefits, are likely to be strong with 2 solid days fasting. I will have my Gourmet Sunday back (In my brand new kitchen too!) so im really really looking forward to that. only thing is ... OH is unlikely to get to his maintenance till well after that so it might be tricky.

this is the thread back in Jan. weight-maintenance-f18/5-2-not-6-1-is-my-plan-t10710.html
I might put people who are in the tent a number.. when they joined and when we had a going away party for graduation day and moving into maintenance. what do you think.. might give some stats for that "last kilo" ..

I am thinking from a stats point of view it kind of depends if the target weight is the "right weight". .eg it may just be set to low by people.. good thread here about that.
this thread of mine got some good discussion

5-2-diet-chat-f6/what-is-the-right-target-weight-loss-goal-can-it-be-too-low-t10468.html?hilit=set%20points

so i guess this tent assumes that the target weight loss that you have set for yourself is "correct" and achievable and for all intensive purposes the best possible target weight for you based on your body shape, height, health etc, as subjective as that might be.
I was 1k off target, then decided to go a little lower and now have approximately 1.8k to go.....so I am hovering on the outside of the tent and looking in. Is it nice in there??????
I think it will be nice, but it's a bit spartan in here just now. We need someone with some design ideas to make it more homely. Just now there's a desk, a big filing cabinet and a wall chart so we can keep track of all the stats Juliana wants to collect. Seems to be some paper and pencils and calculators too. A bit too workmanlike in here. We need some soft furnishings I reckon!

I thought I spied a treadmill in the corner as it's supposedly important to exercise in order to maintain successfully, but I'm trying to avoid looking too hard in that direction so I can pretend I didn't see it!
I am off to make a few big fat cushions then in preparation, so we can lie down after we've been on that awful machine!!!
My advice to you, @Juliana.Rivers and @Carorees, is not to worry about maintenance. I of course don't know how I'll feel in a year or 10 years, but now I'm so much in the habit of 5:2 that I don't really need motivation. Fasting has become part of my life. Being more thoughtful about my food choices has likewise become part of my life. And I get such silly pleasure from putting on my (US) size 2 jeans (no gasps out there please - that's the equivalent for my small body to Caroline's size 10 clothes for her) that I can't even conceive of ever putting on 8's or 10's again.
wendyjane wrote: My advice to you, @Juliana.Rivers and @Carorees, is not to worry about maintenance. I of course don't know how I'll feel in a year or 10 years, but now I'm so much in the habit of 5:2 that I don't really need motivation. Fasting has become part of my life. Being more thoughtful about my food choices has likewise become part of my life. And I get such silly pleasure from putting on my (US) size 2 jeans (no gasps out there please - that's the equivalent for my small body to Caroline's size 10 clothes for her) that I can't even conceive of ever putting on 8's or 10's again.

I was thinking that might be the case @Wendyjane. I guess if I switched to say weekly weighing after a few months and found myself in the 71k zone one day then I would do a stint back to daily weighing and 4:3. I think the measuring tape will come in handy and i would just know if i was faltering. The 2 fast days i know i will look forward to.

@Carorees, yes we better make it homely as some of us will be here for quite some time.
Hi Juliana

Can I come in yet? Libra says I am at 66.2Kg and my target is 65Kg. I can wait until next week (hopefully) but I've got a lovely Peace Lily here to brighten the place up :smile:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 1 of 8