The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

111 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Yay @Carorees Fantastic - well done - what a great start to your weekend :grin:
carorees wrote: I think we can say we're in maintenance but perhaps we can call it "active maintenance" meaning that we have to monitor and adjust constantly in order to prevent gaining (or losing) weight because we're not naturally thin (like my OH) so we can never take our eye off the scale.

great term @carorees. or mindful maintenance.

i hope to continue daily weighing or weekly weight for a while.
carorees wrote: Whoohoo!!! Saw my goal weight (66.5kg) on the scales for the first time this morning!! :victory: :grin: I really am nearly there!

'

you sure are!
It sure is a great feeling Carorees. Congrats. Now you've seen it once you know you can do it again
Further to my post earlier, I've identified some things along the way:

The very thing that is going for slimming clubs, namely group support, is their downfall or rather the downfall of their members once at target. If you don't keep going week after week, its very easy to fall off the wagon. When you do that and gain weight, you then have to pay fees again, and also, after however long of attending, you are usually sick of giving up an evening a week. If you want to you can try at home, but wait, you don't have the group support, and you need to have the right foods in hand and so failure looms.

With the fasting, if you want the support, its here. You don't have to go out there and sit through the same old same old on a particular day. Any day you want it, there's someone here to support, guide and cheer you on. You don't need to buy special food, just stop eating whatever you have on hand for a day or two a week, more if you want. You can decide 'I need to be fasting today' and that is that. So easy.

The other thing I worked out that is really fundamental to me is this:

I want to be slim and healthy MUCH more than I want to feel like I'm not on an eating plan for the rest of my life. I'm done with the idea that my weight might stabilise and I won't be following a plan any more. This is for life, and therefore, its now mentally no more of a chore than brushing my teeth. A necessary evil if I want to avoid the alternatives. That alone is what has freed up my brain. I love it!
Well said @Winsome! And very well done @carorees! :victory:

I might be in this particular tent for a goodly while and actually I don't really mind. :heart:
Hey, the acronym for Mindful Maintenance is the same as the initials of our fearless leader, MM!
Can I come in too? I never registered on the tracker but am 10st 1lb and want to get to 9st 10lb which for my height just eases me to a normal BMI as opposed to overweight. I am one of those short'dense' people who struggle with BMI but persevering. I have been on 5.2 for just over a year and lost 19lb which I am pleased with but it is not anywhere near 1lb per week.

I tend to lose then get stuck. Lose then get stuck.

Now my aim is to fit nicely into a dress I have foolishly purchased a bit small, for my daughter's wedding on 21st June. That's motivation, for you!!!
wendyjane wrote: Hey, the acronym for Mindful Maintenance is the same as the initials of our fearless leader, MM!

thats a coinkidink if ever i heard one. I do love the term "Mindful Maintenance" maybe a tad more than "Active Maintenance" only if for the alliteration. and i really love the term Mindful eating. engage brain before putting in mouth!
Carolemagic wrote: Can I come in too? I never registered on the tracker but am 10st 1lb and want to get to 9st 10lb which for my height just eases me to a normal BMI as opposed to overweight. I am one of those short'dense' people who struggle with BMI but persevering. I have been on 5.2 for just over a year and lost 19lb which I am pleased with but it is not anywhere near 1lb per week.

I tend to lose then get stuck. Lose then get stuck.

Now my aim is to fit nicely into a dress I have foolishly purchased a bit small, for my daughter's wedding on 21st June. That's motivation, for you!!!

Yes of course @Carolemagic

Make yourself at home in the NEARLY THERE tent. 19 pounds is great going and in my opinion ignore that "average" 1 pound per week statistic. Didnt work like that for me and i think a lot of people in the forum and sometimes we must not strive to be at a group average. All bodies are different. we all have different metabolisms and lifestyles and body shapes too. and sometimes whatever is teh average loss.. and as long as the line of best fit from day 1 to today is one heading down (till we hit target of course and then the line of best fit is a bit meaningless). then thats good enough and we should be pleased with ourselves..

What a fantastic reason for a weight loss goal.. the wedding of your daughter. 21st June. Thats about 16 weeks or so. would 1/2 a pound a week work for the dress?
Winsome wrote: Further to my post earlier, I've identified some things along the way:

The very thing that is going for slimming clubs, namely group support, is their downfall or rather the downfall of their members once at target. If you don't keep going week after week, its very easy to fall off the wagon. When you do that and gain weight, you then have to pay fees again, and also, after however long of attending, you are usually sick of giving up an evening a week. If you want to you can try at home, but wait, you don't have the group support, and you need to have the right foods in hand and so failure looms.

With the fasting, if you want the support, its here. You don't have to go out there and sit through the same old same old on a particular day. Any day you want it, there's someone here to support, guide and cheer you on. You don't need to buy special food, just stop eating whatever you have on hand for a day or two a week, more if you want. You can decide 'I need to be fasting today' and that is that. So easy.

The other thing I worked out that is really fundamental to me is this:

I want to be slim and healthy MUCH more than I want to feel like I'm not on an eating plan for the rest of my life. I'm done with the idea that my weight might stabilise and I won't be following a plan any more. This is for life, and therefore, its now mentally no more of a chore than brushing my teeth. A necessary evil if I want to avoid the alternatives. That alone is what has freed up my brain. I love it!

Nicely expressed @Winsome

Yes lets make our mantra.. LET'S BE SLIM AND HEALTHY FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES
@Carorees How fantastic to see your goal on the scales!
Yes it was great to see that magic (but arbitrary) number! I saw it twice in a row and then had a big weekend so it disappeared. Weight this week is slowly coming down so I'm currently 200g above the magic number. Trend weight though has only dropped by 100g over the week, so I've still got 400g to go before I can "officially" say that I've reached my target. Libra says it'll be another 2-3 weeks.

In a way I'm glad that it is slowing down as it indicates (I think) that my chosen target is probably about right for me. If the weight was really dropping quickly I would have to conclude that I should be aiming lower!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
111 posts Page 5 of 8