The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

111 posts Page 3 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
I reached my goal but then did badly at maintenance over Xmas and two trips, so I'm back to a shocking 3.5 kg (!) above goal. I'm sure part of that will drop off quickly, but I'm dismayed at how easily it went on. Anyway… am I allowed in the tent. I think I can use the support to get back to where I want to be...
MaryAnn wrote: I reached my goal but then did badly at maintenance over Xmas and two trips, so I'm back to a shocking 3.5 kg (!) above goal. I'm sure part of that will drop off quickly, but I'm dismayed at how easily it went on. Anyway… am I allowed in the tent. I think I can use the support to get back to where I want to be...

Most definitely @Maryann. the support to get the 3.5kg back off is here.

Its an interesting phenomena.. getting to your goal weight and then finding you have "slipped back".. i can feel a new JR thread coming on. I cant help myself. Its the fastday.com addition i cant seem to shake
Can I join? I think I qualify to be here as there is just a tad over a kilo to go to my goal? I suspect it will still take at least a month of 5:2 to get there so I'll be hovering here for the time being. I'll bring the tea ketle and a lot of reading as that is the thing I do when waiting. Any literary preferences anyone?
SannaKL wrote: Can I join? I think I qualify to be here as there is just a tad over a kilo to go to my goal? I suspect it will still take at least a month of 5:2 to get there so I'll be hovering here for the time being. I'll bring the tea ketle and a lot of reading as that is the thing I do when waiting. Any literary preferences anyone?

Yes, come and make yourself comfortable @SannaKL. Theres a book club thread here .. or if you want to go inspirational on 5:2 and metabolism stuff.. there are so many links to read here.. the-5-2-lab-f10/the-famine-effect-a-myth-or-reality-t11742.html
I have now updated post 1 with names of anyone that have officially entered the tent as opposed to peering through the netting to look in.

Ive added dates entered.. will be interesting to see how long (or short) it takes people to be able to move to maintenance tent.

If ive missed anyone please message me

Bit like the Christmas club of 2013.. as soon as you are green we bid you farewell to the maintenance group and we will plan a really big party. I wonder who will be the first to go?
I'm still in this tent and although I am desperate to leave, look like I will be here for some time.

This last 4lb is driving me mad. I have got down to within 2lb of my target and up I go again. I have been like this since last October.

I don't feel that I have reached my ideal weight yet so don't think it is that. Charts put my ideal weight at 8st 12lb. I know that will be way too low for me so I believe a stone over that is realistic.

I still need to lose the belly fat and tone up the body. I would also like to reach a BMI of 25 or less.

So... I'm nearly there and staying in the tent for a little while longer. I have decided to walk about though rather than sit in the corner on those cushions. Thinking about NEAT!

Anyone walking with me?

Lesley
lesley54 wrote: I'm still in this tent and although I am desperate to leave, look like I will be here for some time.

This last 4lb is driving me mad. I have got down to within 2lb of my target and up I go again. I have been like this since last October.

I don't feel that I have reached my ideal weight yet so don't think it is that. Charts put my ideal weight at 8st 12lb. I know that will be way too low for me so I believe a stone over that is realistic.

I still need to lose the belly fat and tone up the body. I would also like to reach a BMI of 25 or less.

So... I'm nearly there and staying in the tent for a little while longer. I have decided to walk about though rather than sit in the corner on those cushions. Thinking about NEAT!

Anyone walking with me?

Lesley

Im walking with you Lesley. a brisk one.

im in for the long haul too.

I was thinking today well for me anyway it took me nearly a year to lose the 5kg and I should be proud and not lament about that last kilo and maybe just enjoy the slow progression, and stress less. as long as my purple progress tracker line is going down im in the right direction however low the angle of the dip down. so maybe i might get in some extra special seating so i can have an afternoon nap and just chill in here. I love my feather pillow so i might get that too. Actually i need 3 to be comfortable so i will get all 3.
Putting my head round the door, and wondering if I should join in. This morning I weighed in at 63.4kg/9st13lb (and 3/4). This is my first PB since October, so I've been on a rather (over)prolonged plateau, which is hopefully now broken :grin:

I don't really know what my target weight is, maybe 9st10, in which case I have 4lbs to go. So can I join you for those 4lbs please?
Minumonline wrote: Putting my head round the door, and wondering if I should join in. This morning I weighed in at 63.4kg/9st13lb (and 3/4). This is my first PB since October, so I've been on a rather (over)prolonged plateau, which is hopefully now broken :grin:

I don't really know what my target weight is, maybe 9st10, in which case I have 4lbs to go. So can I join you for those 4lbs please?

Yes you may join us all in the "holding bay" @Minumonline

We will try to make it fun.

loved your photo on the other thread!
Thought I'd check in. My Libra trend is currently at 66.0kg although at my official weigh in on Sunday I was down to 65.8kg. At the moment I'm having a bit of dither about whether I push on for the last couple of lbs or go into maintenance now. I'm completely split on this, not one side is winning the argument.

So come on persuade me. How important will that last 2lb (1kg) be in the long term. I see some maintainers find it hard to not drop below target whilst others find it hard not to put on. Have to admit I'm feeling a bit anxious about maintenance after having such an easy time losing. :bugeyes:
Come on in @Alf! I know what you mean about deciding when to enter maintenance. After all, once you have hit the healthy BMI/waist size/body fat or whatever measure you are using, then it's just a question of where you feel comfortable and can sustain. If the weight is still coming off easily then I guess you can keep going if you think you would feel better at a lower weight, but if you need to add extra fast days or be particularly vigilant to get lower then it might make maintenance easier if you settled for a higher weight.

I'm planning on entering maintenance when I get my trend weight to 66.5 kg. I have a few reasons for choosing this entry point: I remember back in my late 20s when I was hovering at 11 stone (70kg) that I felt I should really be under 10 stone 7 lbs (66.68kg), a weight of 66.5kg would put my BMI at 24.4 which is just 1.5 kg down from the start of the healthy range, I think my waist will be 28inches when I get to 66.5, which is what I remember it being in my youth and lastly, I think my body fat should just get under the 30% mark on the scales at that point - over 30% is considered overweight according to the scientific papers I have seen (it's currently 31.5-ish%). I am not planning to change my fasting method when I do hit that figure on the scales and will not mind if I should lose a bit more but I don't want to drop another dress size as I think that would make me look scrawny and also will be too expensive as I've had to invest in an entire new wardrobe once already!!! And I already have some issues with loose skin so I don't want to make that any worse.

From what others have said, it looks like maintaining is easiest if you set yourself an acceptable range. As we know that it is perfectly normal for weight to vary by as much as 2kg on any given day, apparently at random due to body water fluctuations and food in transit, I think the range ought to be at least 2kg (so perhaps I will go for 64.5 to 66.5kg as my range, or to make it easier, 64 to 67).

I don't think your 2lb means anything in the long term, but if you feel that you should not weigh any more than your current trend weight, I think it would be best to try to give yourself a 2lb leeway otherwise maintenance might be hard work! Have a look at other measures of health, such as your waist size and body fat % to decide if you need to go lower or not.

Not sure if any of that is any help...
@Alf
I have the same dilemma and have decided to remove my goal weight altogether. Instead I have decided to carry on until my birthday at the end of April and see how I feel then-at my current rate of progress I am unlikely to have lost much. Like Caroline I really don't want to go down another dress size so in the unlikely event that the weight starts coming off quickly I will revise my plan.
Thanks Caroline and Merlin. My long term goal is to stay between 10 and 10st 7lb so in a way I'm there now at 10st 5lb. I'm happy with my overall size and body shape now, although I would have liked my waist to have gone down a bit more. However it is under (just) 50% of height and I think some toning is required. Hopefully once I rediscover my lost abdominals there will be a difference. I also don't want too much of the baggy skin thing or my boobs to shrink much more (neither does OH)

So on balance I think I will attempt maintenance after this week. As you say 2lbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things and I've had bigger daily gains/losses than that in the past.

My maintenance plan is to still do 2 restricted days a week but have a normal meal at night. I've stopped eating breakfast on normal days and only have a light lunch so hopefully this will be enough. I'll continue to weigh daily and will be able to make adjustments when necessary. If I need to do some stricter fasts then it's no biggy as I do actually enjoy them. I do still feel a bit apprehensive though not sure why. So tomorrow will be my last official weight loss fast. That's it decided. Definitely. Maybe :confused:
Just a flying visit to our nearly there tent then @alf?

I've got to get my trend weight down by another 600g before I can move out, might be another month yet...
I am going in the wrong direction at the moment but hanging on in this tent for dear life.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8 Next
111 posts Page 3 of 8