The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

123 posts Page 8 of 9
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: The Fast-5 Tent
14 May 2014, 21:36
ok goodo thanks. I thought there was a tent somewhere but my searches are still not working.
15 May 2014, 08:05
I'm aiming for a 5 hour window today, as I'm out for dinner after work, but the woman next to me on the train is dipping pain au chocolate in a cappacino while I'm feeling nauseus with hunger!
15 May 2014, 09:06
Crickey that is cruel! Be strong dear Min, you can have it tomorrow {{{+}}}
15 May 2014, 09:08
Bloomin' heck, I go away for a week and @Carorees goes and loses 20 years..........!!!!!! What a transformation, I am dumb struck, not something you will read about me often but today, I AM DUMB STRUCK! Caroline, you look Fabulous, goodness me, how great to see you looking SO lovely,

Ballerina x :heart:
15 May 2014, 10:37
Been reading your discussions of different ways of fasting. At lent I reached my target weight, after a Christmas gain, by first doing 5:2, then 5:3, then ADF, and the last week before Easter I did fast every day, i.e. learned not to have breakfast from ADF, had a 100 cal snack at 15:00 and supper at 18:00. Never hungry anymore.
I gained some weight back while on holiday, daughter's wedding, in the UK. Now doing 5:2, so that I do the snack at 15:00 and supper at 18:00. This really fits us a lot better, because before I had breakfast at 7:00, and had to wait for 12 hour window, supper at 19:00. Hubby got hungry by then. Now not having breakfast I can eat at 18:00, hubby is happy.
Feed days I love my breakfast too. I have sugar free muesli, with sweetener, yogurt, blueberries, black currants and an apple. But then I usually skip lunches.
I have recently noticed a few times that I weigh less two days after fasting. EG. I fasted on Tuesday. On Wednesday I weighed 52.5 kg I did not fast on Wednesday. This morning I weighed 52,3 kg. I am fasting today and have had only coffee and tea with little milk so far. Will snack at tea time, 15:00. Evening meal will be Tandoori Chicken Drum sticks with Saag on the side, from Mimi's Fast Cook Book, which I bought while in the Uk.
10 Jun 2014, 20:17
What's going on in Fast-5 land? This is my second week (not including weekends) doing it and I like it. I am not sure if I am going to lose weight on this plan, but I hope so. I have 1.5 lbs to go to reach my preliminary goal, but I have added another 5 to my goal weight because I need to get rid of some more unsightly fat around my middle. So I'm ever-so-close to goal weight.

A couple of questions (and if I've asked these before, please forgive me):

1) Do you all Fast-5 every day or do you skip weekends?
2) Do you feel this is a sustainable WOE?

Thanks!
11 Jun 2014, 07:54
Hi @Melinda_in_nc Have we discussed this topic elsewhere or am I having deja vu?

I do Fast-5 every day, my 6-months on it will be June 23rd. I can manage to shift my 5 hours around to cater for my social life, so I do not do differently at weekends. I believe it is sustainable, some people have done it for years specifically Bert and Judi Herring but others on the FB page have said so. I am open to extensions my eating window if required when I reach maintenance (120 lbs or Fastiversary August 19, whichever comes first)
11 Jun 2014, 14:46
Re: The "eating window" tent (16:8; 17:7; 18:6, 19:5 etc.)
by Melinda_in_NC » 05 Jun 2014, 18:03

Thanks, Nicky and Caroline. Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for.

My intuition says (for me) that I shouldn't do Fast-5 every day (7 days a week). I think periods of "refeeding" are good for me.

Melinda_in_NC wrote: What's going on in Fast-5 land? This is my second week (not including weekends) doing it and I like it. I am not sure if I am going to lose weight on this plan, but I hope so. I have 1.5 lbs to go to reach my preliminary goal, but I have added another 5 to my goal weight because I need to get rid of some more unsightly fat around my middle. So I'm ever-so-close to goal weight.

A couple of questions (and if I've asked these before, please forgive me):

1) Do you all Fast-5 every day or do you skip weekends?
2) Do you feel this is a sustainable WOE?

Thanks!

Like Barbarita I thought we had been here and you decided against it but looks like you are oscillating a little bit @Melinda_in_NC Not a problem as an eating window is not something that we are encouraged to do in our society but I'm happy to see that things are changing and it is no longer seen as some strange hippy activity that will make you ill, mad, bad or unhinged in some other way. No one can make your mind up for you I'm afraid, you will just have to suck it and see, if it works for you, great, if it doesn't, then it's back to the drawing board. I'm a daily faster, like many others on here but it's not for everyone. I've been doing it now for well over a year with no problems whatsoever in fact, I'd go as far as to say that I've never felt better, fitter or more healthy. There is no way I will ever consider returning to eating mindlessly from sun up to sun set again. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, keep us informed

12 Jun 2014, 15:15
OK, that is simply pathetic. I had totally FORGOTTEN about that other thread.

<sigh>

What can I say, other than "oops"!

:-)

The good news is, I have decided to do 19/5s during the work week and probably 16/8s during the weekend. I also decided to stop weighing myself every week and go back to a once-a-month weighing. The other good news is that I measured myself last week and I have lost tons of inches everywhere, including 3/4" around my middle IN ONE WEEK. So everything is working well.

I have a bit of a personality quirk in that I tend to dither--A LOT--and mess around until I find out what works for me. So thank you for bearing with me, and apologies again for not remembering that other thread.
12 Jun 2014, 16:35
:clover: :clover: :clover:
12 Jun 2014, 17:44
@Melinda_in_NC no worries it's just nice to see that you can confuse others as well as yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: I thought it was just me that had that particular gift :confused: glad to see that you are going to give it a go, I'm sure you will not regret it, enjoy and good luck :victory:

16 Jun 2014, 20:34
Just bumping this thread for @marigolds53 as she is interested in 16/8 so I thought she might want to read up on fast-5 as well, good luck Marigold

25 Jun 2014, 21:36
Hi @barbarita how did your 6 month fast five anniversary go? I am interested in this and am checking out the link to the book :smile: :geek:
26 Jun 2014, 08:11
Hi @karenm

My 6 months on Fast-5 versary? Slightly disappointed as I was hoping to come off my 3-week plateau and I did but in the wrong direction! However, my waist had shrunk another fraction and I had just done my fastest time to date on my 5k jog.

This WOE is so easy for me now, whether I am at home or away. Home is easier as I can open my window with a huge salad and an omelette/fish. On the move it tends to be Babybel and nuts.

Now that my summer madness of strawberries and clotted cream is over the scales might get back into line. :lol:
26 Jun 2014, 08:47
barbarita wrote: Hi @karenm

My 6 months on Fast-5 versary? Slightly disappointed as I was hoping to come off my 3-week plateau and I did but in the wrong direction! However, my waist had shrunk another fraction and I had just done my fastest time to date on my 5k jog.

This WOE is so easy for me now, whether I am at home or away. Home is easier as I can open my window with a huge salad and an omelette/fish. On the move it tends to be Babybel and nuts.

Now that my summer madness of strawberries and clotted cream is over the scales might get back into line. :lol:

It is probably down to eating windows that I haven't ended up back at 15st6lb! Since January I've chucked in a few fasts, but I generally skipped breakfast and lunch, unless we were out or away!
I like the flexibility of this WOE. I can eat in a 3-4 hour window most days, but when we are away in Cyril (t25 camper) I like a bacon buttie. I will be changing this to a big brekkie with mushrooms, bacon, scrambled eggs and beans (see I have put a bit of thought into this @sue.q :star: )
I could do a fast 5 for 4 days, fast 2 days and have a day off! I like the idea of maintaining using fast 5. Once I hit my target, I could try dropping the fast days.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
123 posts Page 8 of 9