123 posts Page 7 of 9
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Re: The Fast-5 Tent
27 Apr 2014, 04:39
Wow Chris those cheekbones! Fantastic :victory:
27 Apr 2014, 11:05
Chis,you do look good
Just wanted to report in about my day.i have only been trying fast 5 for one week and yesterday was so hard.i started doing my usual ....trying to find reasons to give it up,read many posts,looking for someone to tell me it was not good,and tried to convince myself I could lose the weight by just cutting calorie etc
Then today I had a light bulb moment during my power yoga class when the teacher said in hard yoga poses as in life when we hit a hard spot ,we can run ,give up ,say it's all too hard or we can be there and breathe ....
And today I did ,I stayed and had a really really easy fast
Hope this post helps someone out there.
27 Apr 2014, 11:23
Nice one sarahg! I did power stretching this afternoon and it nearly killed me! Like you I am trying fast 5 for a while combined with low carb, so some serious tent hopping!
Good luck!!
27 Apr 2014, 12:08
Silverdarling wrote: Wow Chris those cheekbones! Fantastic :victory:

@chriso57 you look amazing But I don't always believe everything I read + see I think you and @julianna have got your younger sisters in to pose for you :shock:
:drink: :drink: Cheers you both look totally transformed
:heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover:
27 Apr 2014, 12:14
Sue.Q wrote:
Silverdarling wrote: Wow Chris those cheekbones! Fantastic :victory:

@chriso57 you look amazing But I don't always believe everything I read + see I think you and @julianna have got your younger sisters in to pose for you :shock:
:drink: :drink: Cheers you both look totally transformed
:heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover: :heart: :clover:

I second that sue.
You both look amazing. And I love a gal who's got a drink in her hand.
27 Apr 2014, 17:39
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. I don't get to post much with work and looking after Mum taking my time up, but I am reading most days and I rejoice in your achievements, sympathise when things are not so good and send my best wishes to you all.
If I were to post more it would be a full time job. I would be in the Fashionista tent cos I now love buying clothes. The Low carbers tent, I stick to a low sugar woe. The fast-5 tent, the eating window tent cos I am fasting in one form or another. The walking tent, the weightloss for a big day/event, I have a family wedding in Sept and no camera dodging at this one. I would always be in the venting tent so don't get me started on that one. The one I would like to be a member of is the sassy senior sanctuary but I will have to wait until next year before I qualify for that one.
So even if you don't see me around much I am lurking and seeing what you are up to. :smile: :heart:

Chris x
27 Apr 2014, 18:21
Happy lurking Chris and yes you are looking good girl

Ballerina x :heart:
27 Apr 2014, 19:06
Oh I do love a lurker :lol: @Ballerina you are going to have to behave and watch your language, cos @chriso57 will always be watching ... :shock: :wink: - and with a drink in her hand, I'm sure :victory:
28 Apr 2014, 17:20
Please don't behave @Ballerina I love reading your posts and stories, they brighten up dull days at work. :smile: I read the forums on my smart phone during the day but I have given up trying to do replies on the darn contraption, its smarter than me and wizzes off on its own. :confused:

Chris x
29 Apr 2014, 08:14
I will NEVER behave myself, :shock: too old now anyway to change. :lol: Why don't we arrange a meet up in Nottingham some time , it could be good fun

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Apr 2014, 08:47
Hi fast 5 people
I have a quick question
I have been doing this for about 9 days now
Lost one kilo and then gained back half
My question, how come I weigh half kilo less in the late afternoon than in the morning and which is my true weight
Am I eating too much at night?
29 Apr 2014, 10:07
Hi @Ballerina would be up for a meet, Will have to arrange a day. I Will send you a message when I'm on my PC later.Phone is taking too long doing posts. :dazed:
Chris x
29 Apr 2014, 11:56
What a difference @chriso57 looking good kiddo X
Dont wish yr life away tho...youre welcome in the SS anyways...goodness knows, i shdnt be here,couldnt fast5 to save my life
Respect@sarahg but havent an answer for you...seems to me peep,weigh less a.m. than p.m. Hope someone comes along who can tell you ..probably our wise friend @Carorees ps @chriso57love your signature! X
19:5 or fast five
14 May 2014, 20:03
Does this actually work? Is it fair to say that most types of intermittent fasting will help you lose weight (as long as your eating window is 8 hours or less)?

The more I look into the WOL (intermittent fasting) the more I think it makes much more sense than any other diet and diet rule. For example the number one rule being to eat breakfast! but really if you don't need it you're just taking in more calories and waking up the hunger monster (quoting someone here sorry not sure who).

Today I have been successful with a five hour eating window, it's not complete yet mind you, I have another hour to go. But I am a nightime eater and I followed the suggestion in the fast five book to go 5pm to 10pm. I think this will suit me very well. I don't have to think about restricting things, or not eating chocolate etc. Also as the book states that the sugar cravings and food cravings will lessen in time has anyone known this to be true? My understanding (from the book) is that you just have to push through the first fortnight, using your willpower to succeed, and after that it gets heaps easier as your body gets used to it. The author says it actually diminishes these cravings and you don't need so much willpower.

Any truth?? Or have I misunderstood?
14 May 2014, 20:36
@debsie I've moved your post to the fast 5 tent...hope that's ok?
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
123 posts Page 7 of 9