Ballerina x :heart:
Re: The Fast-5 Tent
24 Apr 2014, 13:00
Ballerina wrote: Just bumping this thread for @Izzy who was looking for it

:heart: :heart: Great minds @ballerina :heart: :heart:
24 Apr 2014, 13:36
Hi @izzy I don't have anything scientific on the different between limbic hunger and real hunger but I can tell the difference in my experience. Some days I don't get real hunger which I would describe as a gnawing empty feeling in the tummy. Sometimes I get short bursts of it at the Times I would have had breakfast and lunch, or during the last hour of my Fast. Limbic hunger is more like the idea that I would like to eat something, or chew, or have something tasty in my mouth. Just like on 5:2 if you ignore it, it goes away for a while, whichever one it is.
24 Apr 2014, 13:46
I often get that feeling that I need something tasty after I've assuaged the real hunger. So after breaking my fast, my tummy feels full but my head is saying "mmm I need something else to put in my mouth". Often I find having a drink sorts it out (water/tea/coffee not alcohol of course!).
24 Apr 2014, 13:49
Thanks for the thread
This bumping thing amazes me
Have to say feel a bit scared to be committed to this tent
But determined to give it a try
Read the book,can't say I understand the different kinds of hunger but do know I am eating less and feel good
And like the weight loss
I used to eat like this when I was younger
Ie only one meal in the evening
And maintained a good weight
Xx
24 Apr 2014, 14:14
I think a small piece of dark choc is ok
I also drink low cal hot choc
25 Apr 2014, 04:00
Hi @Iztla thanks for heads up re free ebook which have just diwnloaded
Bert Herring was on my list for Googling,i'd heard of him and wanted to know more,so look forward to reading his book
Poor old Bertie tho,what an unfortunate name he has! :lol:
25 Apr 2014, 04:06
You are right of course@sarahg, apart from one small problem. Small and chocolate are never used in the same sentence in my world :confused: :grin:
25 Apr 2014, 04:26
Agree
Also,never small glass of wine... :lol: :razz:
25 Apr 2014, 05:06
I have a question for you fast fivers
Does this work because we have a limited time to eat and therefore eat less or is it to do with the 19 hours of fasting
I suppose what I am wandering is would it be as good if I just spaced the food that I eat in my window over the whole day
I notice that I break the fast with a sort of lunch ,a few hours later I eat dinner and an hour later a small snack.....what if I did tht over the day
I think it is harder though to eat such a small amount all say
Anyway I have been doing this since Monday and have lost the kilo I gained over the eater weekend
I always find new fat goes quickly ,now it's those last few stuck kilos.
Debs,I find dark choc easier to control
25 Apr 2014, 06:05
Hi @izzy and @sarahg

The 19 hour fast every day is long enough to give you the health benefits of fasting, I think I read somewhere that these kick in after 14 hours. You naturally eat less than you would if you did uncontrolled 3 meals a day (no calorie restriction or stopping before you are full) because you only have time for one good meal and a snack - because part of those 5 hours you are full from the food you eat when you break your fast so once you are used to it you are not shovelling stuff in for the whole 5. Plus you are not producing insulin at regular intervals, so the levels go down and are not continuously working on storing carbs as fat. I do recognize the "have something in the last 10 minutes because your window is closing" routine; firstly it won't matter, and secondly I hardly ever eat right up to the line these days. The third element is what I found on 5:2 as well; the stomach seems to have shrunk and won't take as much.

If you are on FaceBook I really recommend joining the Fast-5 groups as well as reading Dr Herring's book.

Happy Fast-5ing. :heart:
25 Apr 2014, 06:41
CandiceMarie wrote: Hi @Iztla thanks for heads up re free ebook which have just diwnloaded
Bert Herring was on my list for Googling,i'd heard of him and wanted to know more,so look forward to reading his book
Poor old Bertie tho,what an unfortunate name he has! :lol:

Well I think it's an absolutely 'perfect' name to have - cos I share it! :victory: :cool: :victory:
Might have been 'unfortunate' in the playground - but it's useful in the adult world, as no one forgets your name :wink:
25 Apr 2014, 06:42
Debs wrote: You are right of course@sarahg, apart from one small problem. Small and chocolate are never used in the same sentence in my world :confused: :grin:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
25 Apr 2014, 07:10
What? @silverdarling, your real name is Bert? :-o
Lol!
There used to be a posh frock shop in Cheltenham called Janet Herring, where my ma would buy things for special occasions.
25 Apr 2014, 08:14
Hi @Izzy sounds like fast-5 may be the way forward for you, I really hope so as you struggle so much to overcome your drugs resistance to weight loss. It seems that more folk are having success with the 5 hour window than they had with the 8 which is wonderful. Just shows how much difference the extra few hours of fasting make so @Sarahg I hope the same applies to you and the lovely @Debs and anyone else who has been inspired by @Barbarita and her fast-5 thread. Good luck everyone,

Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
123 posts Page 5 of 9