The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

242 posts Page 16 of 17
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
Congrats @CandiceMarie on holding fast in the face of temptation (read carbs!) Isn't it maddening how these men can get away with eating so many carbs with impunity? Grrrrrr...
Strawberry bob bons. I didn't resist I had about 10. *hangs head in shame*.
They are pretty irresistible @julieathome and you stopped at ten..
As a lady i know used to say," while you're eating them,you're eating nothing else! :lol:
Just went to my "first unread post" on this thread (page 12) and B&M store was mentioned - thought I had seen one near us (checked - it is the same) - have never been inside so just had a look at the website - oops - looks like one of those places I could go in for a "look" and come out with a trolleyful!!!
Yep madcat@madcatlady B & M is good for useful stuff...lots of bargains to be had! Was in there just the other day. And spent a happy twenty mins browsing the shelves! X
Oh yes, walk in a B & M and come out with wallpaper that cost £14 a roll, that two doors down in B & Q was £25 a roll. I do like it, but have to go in there with a rigid idea of what I want and limited funds or I come out with lots of 'ooh that would do nicely' type of items.
Please can I come into this tent too. Have just had a terrible weekend and scoffed about 1kg of chocolate :frown:
I do this every weekend why can I not just resist it….. I have the same complaint every Mon morn. I do not over eat on Food, or burgers, pies chips etc…. just chocolate. :cry:
skinnyli wrote: Have just had a terrible weekend and scoffed about 1kg of chocolate :frown:
I do this every weekend why can I not just resist it….. I have the same complaint every Mon morn.
Do you restrict it during the week? Is this possibly why this happens at the weekend, @skinnyli?
What sort of chocolate is it as I suspect it is a sugar craving rather than chocolate per se. I get major sugar cravings which I thought was chocolate but was actually any sugar, and once I start I find it hard to stop so I have to restrict myself.
Have you tried chromium picolate as I think that it has helped me?
So my naughty food lately is these lovely little almond cookies covered in powdered sugar. They come in a packet of ~450 cals which I split into two non-fast days when I'm being good. Last night, on a non-fast day, heading home from the gym, I nearly went and got some. Then I though, why? Do I really need them?
No I don't restrict it during the week :oops: I know I should. It's definitely just chocolate I don't seem to worry when there is other sweets around. I took chromium picolate and it did not help. I even tried to eat fruit to help in case it was sugar craving but I still craved chocolate
No cravings for Christmas chocolates or sweets, way too early for me but something strange is happening. I am a natural sweet tooth but I have a huge cheese (all cheeses, except goat cheese, that tastes like feet) and tortillas chips urge :shock:
@Manderly, You live in France! Surrounded by the best cheese on the planet. How could you NOT crave it? Very rarely real French cheese turns up in my corner of the world, costing enough to feed a family of 8 for a week and worth every penny.

So eat some for me, since the chances are very slim I'll ever get back to France. Last I was there, it was 1964. I still remember the pastries we bought back then in the patisseries. I have never eaten anything as good again, and I've eaten a lot of pastry.
We're already starting to get treats and food gifts in the house.. I do well ignoring them on fast days, but feed days are a struggle. Thornton's continental selection... mincemeat pies... I had a mince pie today with my coffee. I used the 'well it'll go stale if I don't eat one' argument, but then I felt bad for not resisting.. I think I need to bake really small ones for myself so I can have my mincemeat pie with less of an onset of post-pie eating guilt... oh and those damn eggnog lattes that Starbucks has each Christmas..

Dangerous time of year. :( And it's not even December yet!

Ladan
I have been a naughty girl - we went to an event last night where there was free wine and nibbles then we went for a curry afterwards - the wine went to my head and I hardly remember going to bed :confused:

Today hasn't been too bad but tomorrow I am taking my niece to a Sixth Form open evening then taking her for a Chinese for a treat - think I will try to fast Thurs and Fri as repentance!
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
242 posts Page 16 of 17