The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

242 posts Page 14 of 17
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
What a shame I couldn't take fab pics like @Debs of the meal at the Alnwick Treehouse ... We were spoilt for choice - I had three courses, but they were not large ones - salmon tar tar (3 different types of salmon mixed together, with salad and beetroot on the side - yes the flavours worked!) followed by roast sea bass with Carrolls Heritage veg and some sort of lovely green jus, then dessert ... Ginger pudding with creme anglaise and madagascan vanilla icecream!!!! I resisted the choc mousse with salted caramel, and the rhubarb crumble, and the medley of Northumberland cheeses, and the creme brulee with raspberry coulis, although friend Sue did suggest we got one of everything and shared ...

Does this count as resisting temptation?? :lol: :shock: :wink:
I went to the physical therapist today. The front desk staff offered home made cookies - one of them said if you don't take them I'll eat them all. The patient who was checking out declined saying she is gluten intolerant, and the woman responded with "that's a good excuse."

So I said, I wonder if you'll think my excuse is good too? Then I proceeded to announce to all three of them that this was a fast day for me, and what that means.

I'm becoming quite the evangelist.

(It was also a thrill for me to realize that I wasn't even very tempted. My first reaction was "I don't want that - it's a fast day.")
Oh doesnt it feel good when we can avoid temptation with ease! X
Did the staff pass any comment ?
They all sounded intrigued. None of them needs to lose weight, that I could tell. But this is a way to spread the word. Maybe one of them thinks "I should try this to ward against dementia, too" (that is one of my top reasons for 5:2ing). Or they have an overweight friend or relative and mention it to them.
We have just been in Rome for a week and I decided that I would not be tempted by anything, if I wanted it, I would have it....and I did!! I ate pasta every night, yes, you read that correctly, pasta EVERY NIGHT!!! beer, crisps, wine, bread, ice cream and baileys every day oh, and cake for breakfast. ( Actually, I only had the ice cream once and the cake breakfast once but otherwise it was a daily carbiferous feast ) I have come home the same weight as when I left, now.......strange as that is, the really strange thing is my waist is now almost 1 inch smaller....?!? How did that happen? I'm not complaining of course just absolutely confused. I think the carb overload must have been such a shock to my system that it just gave in. Now I'm back home to my usual routine I'm hoping that I don't grow more fat on my waist again but if I do I shall just go back on my Roman diet :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
Bal@Ballerina THAT'S just the kinda waist shrinking diet ive been waiting for! :lol:
Woohoo :like: ! X
And was you holiday without mishap this time @Ballerina? was so looking forward to reading your usual hilarious account of your travels :grin:
Great news re the carb overload and weight loss though! :like:
Ho hum,A temptation i didnt resist..
I saw Carte D'Or ice cream advertised on telly..Eton Mess flavour..
Readers, i bought it - and ate a huge portion
Have to say,it wasn't worth the calories..bit too sweet even for me...deffo havent got as sweet a tooth any more ..and bit bland
But i never learn..in Tesco freezer i noticed Carte D'or Salted Caramel (thought of @Silverdarling
Didnt buy any but i may just have to at a later date..thats what i mean..i never learn.. :lol: x
I'm with you @CandiceMarie I obviously never learn either had the munchies for two days!!!
Failed yesterdays fast resulting in a lowish cal 16:8
Decided to go for today had light lunch then evening meal then a biscuit + chocolate mini binge :shock: :shock:
feel a little ill right now :frown: :cry: :shock: :curse: :doh: :shock: :oops: :sleepy:
Lesson learned the hard way never again!!!
Sue@Sue.Q
I too feel rather sick,bit green round the gills..
BUT ( and mine's a big butt! :lol: )we will live to fight another day!
A fast as soon as poss will sort us out. X
Am deffo fasting tomoz,even tho am meeting a slim friend at the Penny Lane Hotel,and i know she'll want to have an afternoon tea or at least tea and a cake..but no,no,no,my lips are sealed! Not a crumb will pass them til dindins and even then the dindins will NOT include carby crumbs :lol: :razz:
@CandiceMarie Think I'm taking few day off as we've got some family meals and stuff over next two days so maybe 4/5 days at 16:8 will leave me desperate for a true fastday come Monday ready for a new week new determination then sometime soon a new all time low. :heart: feeling better already ( nearly!!). :heart:
Go ahead @Sue.Qand enjoy..you know that you'll climb back on that horse afterwards,clippetty clop.
My horse is complaining,said he wishes i never climbed on him again..is he implying i'm...too fat?, :shock: how rude! :curse: xx
Oh @Ballerina, how could you NOT go to Rome and not eat pasta!! We spent a week there too, glorious gelato every day, culminating in an amazing birthday meal for hubby near the Pantheon. His idea of heaven was three courses of pasta and gorgonzola gnocchi for dessert!!!
I am fasting today and hoping noone has brought another cake in. I normally manage to delay going in for some by which time all the greedy men have snaffled it anyway!
In the interests of full disclosure I had ice cream EVERY DAY on vacation last week. :shock: :shock: :shock:
:oops: pomegranite and pistachio Turkish delight... :confused:
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 Next
242 posts Page 14 of 17