The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

242 posts Page 1 of 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
The Temptation Tent will be open 24/7 over the next few weeks..
whenever too many goodies too often tempt you over the festive season,swing by here..We will help you get back in proportion with your portions!

Ok it IS the season to be jolly and YES YES YES we want to enjoy the Christmas fun and frolics..but call in here if and when you feel you might be in danger of going completely and utterly over the top calorie wise...( or unwise as the case may be!)

Could be you find you couldnt resist..youve gone haywire and run amok with the mince pies and Baileys, or whatever your particular fancy is..
Well,confession is good for the soul so wipe the crumbs away and come right in and tell us alllllll about it...get it off your chest even if its now on your hips...
We wont judge!

I want you to bear in mind the wise words of our friend@Franglaise

"Just remember it is a lot easier to lose 1kg than 10" ...so remember the two magic words Damage Limitation!

I will start the ball rolling..i am sorely tempted right now as today received a tin of chocs,two bottles champers,and the biggest bar of choc ive ever clapped eyes on..They are all still in gift bags waving at me..they are NOT gonna end up in my tum..
However,in the kitchen i have a strawberry trifle cheesecake ( yep such a thing exists! Isnt the world a wonderful place!) i fully intend to have a slice of that later,with a cuppa.. :razz: :razz:
Ooooh temptress! Today I ate a Yuletide Delight dessert, a chunk of chocolate Yule log with fresh cherries and sauce and creme fraise. Delicious. It was our annual family gathering with my two sons and their families. You should have seen the huge lemon meringue desserts the girls ate, massive! The look on their faces was priceless.
Sadly a filling has decided to come loose and stick up from my tooth during all this, instant karma anyone?
Dentist for me tomorrow.
Advice for the worldest biggest choc bar ... re-gift! Quickly before it's too late! lol Share the tin and save the champer's for New year's eve and share that too! lol :)
Azureblue wrote: Ooooh temptress! Today I ate a Yuletide Delight dessert, a chunk of chocolate Yule log with fresh cherries and sauce and creme fraise. Delicious. It was our annual family gathering with my two sons and their families. You should have seen the huge lemon meringue desserts the girls ate, massive! The look on their faces was priceless.
Sadly a filling has decided to come loose and stick up from my tooth during all this, instant karma anyone?
Dentist for me tomorrow.

You know, i get instant karma every time too? Just like in the words of John Lennon.."instant karma's gonna get you......"
But oh,poor Azure! Youve been feeling rotten with a sore throat and now - the dentist looms!

I have only just finished laughing at @PennyForthem saying,whats Christmas without a broken tooth or two ( about Caroline's cake icing skills!) and here you are,with a loose filling
...that Yule log sounds divine :0)
Well worth the cals and the karma! X
Betsysgr8 wrote: Advice for the worldest biggest choc bar ... re-gift! Quickly before it's too late! lol Share the tin and save the champer's for New year's eve and share that too! lol :)

Yes youre right Betsy...that was in the forefront of my mind as i was battling thru my front door with the gift bags..the big big choc bar can easily be passed on and as quickly as poss..i am almost tempted to chuck it out the window for some passerby to find..ditto the tin of chocs but knowing me, i'd chuck them out the window and knock someone unconscious! x
At the moment its the box of Jelly Babies in the cupboard. They are to be opened closer to Christmas but that is still at least 7 days away. *wail*.
We too have the tin of chocolates, the champers, too many Christmas puddings, a fridge bursting with delicious cheeses and a Christmas cake.
I will be buying the mice pies next week, as they are way too much of a temptation.
I WILL BE BACK. Got to endure my mother in laws festive fayre this year. So Brussels which were put on to boil on Xmas eve. At my sisters for Boxing Day, she caters for an army bless her. And an amazing family get together with my half sis who's over from Hong Kong at a restaurant on 27th. I WILL BE BACK
Brilliant thread @CandiceMarie, it will be much needed as the festivities approach.
I might have to be here every day.

My son and granddaughter came to see us today which resulted in too many goodies (or should I say baddies?) being consumed. Fast day urgently needed tomorrow!
I don't have any temptations at home yet, but this week I plan to make biscuits, cakes and truffles to give as presents to the various teachers etc my children come into contact with, so there will be temptation everywhere, which means that I'll be back!!
Not sure what is going on but I really want lots of alcohol.

Just to explain. I don't really bother much these days with alcohol. A bottle of wine will last me a week and a bottle of brandy (my fav) can last me a year.

At the beginning of Dec I spent my nectar points on alcohol in Sainsburys.

I bought -

3 bottles red wine
3 bottles white wine
1 bottle cava
1 bottle brandy
1 bottle vodka
18 cans stella
15 cans cider
12 bottles mixed alcopop

I have a bottle of red wine open from cooking the other day so I will settle for a glass this evening but I really have a notion to get plastered.
Yep Missus i too don't usually drink much ( i spill most of it haha! )

I drank a lot in my teens and twenties..does anyone remember or still have Bedspin..when you get into bed after heavy drinking and close yr eyes and the bed turns into a Waltzer at the fair?
but these days i can only manage two glasses of wine..at odd times tho i do still have a wish to get fluted..usually when things get stressful and hey the run up to Crimbo gets stressful,thats for sure,so maybe thats whats happening with you WM ?
I like the sound of yr Booze list ! hopefully you're keeping it all squirrelled away for Pennys Party? X ;0)
Thanks Candice, snap, I used to drink a lot in my teens and twenties but recovery time was quick. These days if I overindulge it takes two days to recover.

We put up our Christmas decs today and I'm suffering from grumpy husband syndrome. I'm going to do some ironing now and have that glass of red. Don't worry I'll have lots left for Penny's.
Good idea CandiceMarie.

We had our annual Christmas party for friends and family at home last night and today I have been recovering and eating leftovers. Is it just me or do leftovers taste better than the food the first time it's served? :smile:

I think it's fine to have one day of overindulgence but I must get back to normal tomorrow.
Eeeeeeeeek!! Booking in here as serious repair day needed here due to 2 big weekend festive events over and too much wine and cheese was consumed by moi. Now I am in the week of creating the desserts and planning the menus for Christmas will have to watch my taste testing the sugary treats. All the old eating habits came to the fore.

Might have to have 3 fasts this week to prepare for the run up to more Christmas fare. Count me in @CandiceMarie :neutral: :cry: :confused: :shock:
@windsinger123yep food thats tasty first time round gets even more so when the flavours have more time to brew!
And@gillymary it feels a bit like skating on thin ice right now..like you said,the old habits come to the fore..
That old saying " old habits die hard" is too true * shakes head sadly* x
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 Next
242 posts Page 1 of 17