The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

242 posts Page 5 of 17
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17 Next
COOKIES!!!!!! I made about 650 cookies (I am not exaggerating!) to give to teachers, neighbors, friends. I prepared the little bags for everybody and of course I had tons of leftover cookies in purpose because hubby loves them. But, they are soooooo addictive! I've been eating them all day long! Yesterday I resisted because it was a fast day, but today is another story! The good news is that tomorrow I am going to fast instead of Thursday because of course I will have lunch with friends.

I will be back to the temptation tent on Thursday before I start devouring the cookies!
Step away from the table kelkel! Its your fasting day! Cheese tomorrow! X
coffeetime wrote: Still one cookie left @CandiceMarie but I've been at the biscuits again - and the ice cream.
I'm going to resist all that stuff tomorrow....

@coffeetime...biccies and ice cream...and where did the other cookie go? Down your cakehole like the rest...We never ever judge,but Missy you better resist " all that stuff tomorrow"!
Iztla wrote: COOKIES!!!!!! I made about 650 cookies (I am not exaggerating!) to give to teachers, neighbors, friends. I prepared the little bags for everybody and of course I had tons of leftover cookies in purpose because hubby loves them. But, they are soooooo addictive! I've been eating them all day long! Yesterday I resisted because it was a fast day, but today is another story! The good news is that tomorrow I am going to fast instead of Thursday because of course I will have lunch with friends.

I will be back to the temptation tent on Thursday before I start devouring the cookies!

@Iztla
Hope you dont live anywhere near coffeetime coz she 's been going a bit crazy on the biccies and cookies..you can see the trail of crumbs all the way from hers to the tent!
Have a great fast and repair day :clover:
Cookies here as well !!!!! :grin:

Today I'll bake different kind of cookies, even almond macaroons. That and puff pastries thingy, chocolate and marshmallows brownies and many many other things. OK it's not a fast day but nonetheless :wink:
Hahaaa CandiceMarie, I must be careful, I seem to be getting a reputation as the phantom cookie eater :rotfl:
Mulled wine, I am craving mulled wine !!!!!!!! :curse: :lol:
So yesterday I thought I hadnt overdone it, I was conscious of all the food I hadnt eaten: skipped breakfast, no starter or desert when we went out etc. And today I am 2kg up :curses!: (not a one-off, I've been slowly gaining for weeks)

So I did a quick check on MFP, and yesterday's calories were 3,255 ! So heaven help me on a day I admit I have been over-doing it :oops: :oops:

I'm fasting today till 5.00, when I'm committed to another celebration meal
Manderley wrote: Cookies here as well !!!!! :grin:

Today I'll bake different kind of cookies, even almond macaroons. That and puff pastries thingy, chocolate and marshmallows brownies and many many other things. OK it's not a fast day but nonetheless :wink:

Wow@Manderley
Coffeetime admits she may be the Cookie Monster..but could it be you? Hmmmmm..
Gonna keep an eye on you too Madame with that mulled wine...cheers ...hic! :oops:
Minumonline wrote: So yesterday I thought I hadnt overdone it, I was conscious of all the food I hadnt eaten: skipped breakfast, no starter or desert when we went out etc. And today I am 2kg up :curses!: (not a one-off, I've been slowly gaining for weeks)

So I did a quick check on MFP, and yesterday's calories were 3,255 ! So heaven help me on a day I admit I have been over-doing it :oops: :oops:

Hey @Minumonline. watch it coz you look so gorgeous in that fab dress and you dont want it splitting at the seams! :oops:
Hopefully you feel a bit lighter for confessing to the massive cal count yesterday..your story helps me and others..
its a bit scary ..you go easy here and there and quite rightly think youve made big savings on the cals,but when you reckon it up..its quite sobering..enough to make you turn to drink! :confused:
Thank goodness for fasting. ...To help put things right again! :like:
Cheese, don't ask about cheese. The list so far is:-

Cathedral City Cheddar x 2
Lake District cheddar Mature x1
Lake District Cheddar Vintage x1
A really stinky Extra, extra mature that my son bought but forgot the name of x1
Mozzarella x2
Austrian smoked 2 varieties x3
Snowdonia Black Bomber in its wax x1
Gouda with Cumin x1
Stilton x1
Dolchellatta x1
Brie x1
Cheshire x1
Wensleydale x1
Wenseydale with Cranberries x1
Camembert x1 (all mine baked with whole garlic cloves)
Cream cheese x1 tub
French Roule with garlic and herbs x1

I am thinking about still getting some Stilton with apricots, but that may be one cheese too many, do you think? That with maybe some Emmental or some Edam, I think Emmental. I could do with at least one sheep or goats cheese too.
CandiceMarie wrote:
Minumonline wrote: So yesterday I thought I hadnt overdone it, I was conscious of all the food I hadnt eaten: skipped breakfast, no starter or desert when we went out etc. And today I am 2kg up :curses!: (not a one-off, I've been slowly gaining for weeks)

Hey @Minumonline. watch it coz you look so gorgeous in that fab dress and you dont want it splitting at the seams! :oops:
Hopefully you feel a bit lighter for confessing to the massive cal count yesterday..your story helps me and others..
its a bit scary ..you go easy here and there and quite rightly think youve made big savings on the cals,but when you reckon it up..its quite sobering..enough to make you turn to drink! :confused:
Thank goodness for fasting. ...To help put things right again! :like:

Ooh, I hear you!! I'd been 'careful', but then we had garlic bread with our meal last night. So hubby said we had to have wine (rare for a Weds) to go with it...
The demon drink is making everything fuzzy this morning- and that was only from less than half a bottle. (I'm such a lightweight these days!) I'm supposed to be fasting today, but a hangover makes me hungry. :bugeyes:
@CandiceMarie, it only is the beginning as I plan doing something, a kind of cake, mousse, whatever, with some toblerone :heart:

Damn I should have asked if someone could do some grocery shopping for me, I would have some flakes and mincemeat to play with

@Julieathome, I love your list
It doesn't seem to have goat cheese, so I love it even more :grin:
Manderley wrote: @CandiceMarie, it only is the beginning as I plan doing something, a kind of cake, mousse, whatever, with some toblerone :heart:

Damn I should have asked if someone could do some grocery shopping for me, I would have some flakes and mincemeat to play with

@Julieathome, I love your list
It doesn't seem to have goat cheese, so I love it even more :grin:

Toblerone.... TOBLERONE!! I'd press the pause button on my sugar free life for one of those giant triangles.... Pass it over and I promise to save it for a non fasting day (honest) :wink:
These triangles are the devil in disguise, arent' they ? :grin:

I found recipes for mousse, truffles, cheesecake, cookies and even a fondue !

I am thinking....... A pie with some biscuits base and a mousse on top, and some nougatine sprinkles to add a finish touch :razz:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17 Next
242 posts Page 5 of 17