The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 2 of 35
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
28 Jan 2014, 17:16
daydreamer21 wrote: Brilliant tent! I currently own four dogs, an old English sheepdog, a jack Russell, a fox terrier/jack Russell cross and a bichon frise. They are like my children!!

Oh wow@daydreamer
You have a fox terrier cross! Any photos? X
29 Jan 2014, 00:43
This gorgeous dog Clark has had over 150 million hits on his vid! So funny and clever..pls watch and enjoy if you havent already! X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw&sns=em
29 Jan 2014, 02:43
lesley54 wrote: I lost my best friend earlier this month. I would love to join this tent and share your four legged tales till I feel the time is right to get a new puppy.

Lesley. :cry:

Aw Lesley - I'm so sorry about your loss. We lost our Reggie two years ago and it still hurts a little to think about him - he was a gorgeous Golden retreiver that we adopted from a shelter.

Right now we have a small mutt, a golden retreiver crossed with some sort of terrier mix. She looks almost like a perfect mini golden, but the face gives away a bit of jack russel. She's 40 pounds and very spoilt!

We also have two ginger kitties, Sam and Emme. Sam was Reggie's best friend, and after Reggie died, Sam would wait by the back door, looking for his buddy, then at night he would howl alone downstairs by himself. It was so sad! When we brought our little Murphy home a month later, he was "about time you got me another dog!!" and now he and Murphy are totally bonded.

Emme couldn't care less. She's a gorgeous longhair who is content to let her brother demean himself with lesser creatures. She's got a patch of sun to lie in, thank you.
29 Jan 2014, 02:56
I know what you mean Tracie, we lost our beautiful boys two years ago and I still get updet when I tihnk about it, it doesn't take much to set me off!! Here we go :cry:
They were brothers, German Shepherd, Lab cross, both big, black dopey things but gorgeous. They both had different illnesses and we put them to sleep together which was the best for them. We aren't able to get any more currently because of work. I am torn between getting more dogs and the heartache of losing them. That's why I live vicariously through other peoples!! I need pet therapy urgently now!!!
29 Jan 2014, 03:01
I can't put myself through losing a pet again so I get my pet fixes from neighbours, relatives and friends pets, even strange dog at the pub get my attention and there seem to be a lot of strange animals in our pub ....mmmm

Ballerina x :heart:
29 Jan 2014, 03:04
None of them canine I presume :wink:
29 Jan 2014, 03:09
Only when I smile at them, or rather, when I bare my (canine) teeth

29 Jan 2014, 04:56
We are owned by two standard poodles, they are the large ones weighing about 65-70 pounds.. Macie is suppose to be red but she faded to a strawberry blond and is 8 years old. She is a princess in her own mind. Buster is chocolate, 5 years old and needs kisses and massages every spare moment.

They love to go for walks and this cold weather is driving them stir crazy. They are always happy and bring many a smile to the passerby's.

Since the OH snores like a dragon, we each take a dog to bed with us...a little sad, yet comforting in its own way.
29 Jan 2014, 14:04
Photos please peeps if poss xxxxx
30 Jan 2014, 19:38
@Tracieknits and @Lesley54 and @Debs and @Ballerina
So sorry to hear of your losses..hugs to all who have lost beloved four footed friends x
30 Jan 2014, 19:40
@angie090465 how about some info on your two darling doggies? They look so sweet!

Here is a pic of my fave breed..the doggy i want when i am well enough to have gone travelling and got the travel bug out of my system..
A wire haired fox terrier....
image.jpg
Who's that handsome chappie!
30 Jan 2014, 19:44
What a lovely photograph. When we go to Scotland we shall be dog and house sitting so I shall get a big fix then. A blonde labradoodle, less than a year old and just gorgeous, am SO looking forward to it.

30 Jan 2014, 19:48
When are you going @Ballerina ??
30 Jan 2014, 19:49
Just a cautionary tale - not to scare, but to raise awareness.
Easter 2011 was hot and dry in Wales and we were at our favourite place on Anglesey. I went out with the 'girls' on Good Friday morning and noticed our old girl (15 at the time) flagging badly by the end of the walk. No emergency vet on the island and, with horrendous traffic, we decided to 'just keep an eye on her'.
By the Saturday, she was barely with us, so we took her to the local vet, who was open in the morning.
Our poor old girl had been bitten by an adder (the only kind of venomous snake in the UK). She pulled through, but was never quite the same and we bit the kind bullet and had her put down in the September.
So, if it's hot and your dog suddenly flags (or worse) take him/her straight to the vets. You can see the inflamed area on her throat... bless

P1000245.jpg
30 Jan 2014, 19:51
I love housesitting for that very reason @Ballerina
Have housesat for one doggie and two cats,so i get my share of furry cuddles!
Labradoodles are gorgeous! And have you ever seen a cockerpoo! I have! :grin: :lol:
Whereabouts in scotland? X
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 2 of 35