The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 5 of 35
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
01 Feb 2014, 12:55
@Wolfie..hi...i totally misunderstood, i thought your house had burned down Doh!
I should have known what you meant ..i too suffered burn out thru extremely stressful life which i handled very badly indeed..like a hamster on a wheel and was scared to stop running in case i couldnt start again..in the end my body said,thats it! No more wheel!
Have never really got full health back ether,so i totally get what you said xx
I miss the old me.
We live and learn..sadly the hard way sometimes xx
Big hugs xxx
01 Feb 2014, 18:17
Ahh thanks @Merlin I couldn't remember the name of that stuff. Think however it's a trip to the vets :(
02 Feb 2014, 19:53
Any news@Minsmum x
02 Feb 2014, 20:03
PennyForthem wrote: Just a cautionary tale - not to scare, but to raise awareness.
Easter 2011 was hot and dry in Wales and we were at our favourite place on Anglesey. I went out with the 'girls' on Good Friday morning and noticed our old girl (15 at the time) flagging badly by the end of the walk. No emergency vet on the island and, with horrendous traffic, we decided to 'just keep an eye on her'.

Just for info, there is a 24 hour vets in Colwyn Bay. My dog got a hole in him, common for whippets, we rang & took him straight in, they were fab. Hardly a mark now, so pleased.
02 Feb 2014, 20:56
@Candicemarie we've keep the paw clean this weekend, but it's not healing and starts to bleed ever time she limp runs up the garden. It is impossible to keep a border collie still!! I think it's bothering her quite a bit, I guess it would do really if half your toe was hanging off, so I'm going to get an appointment with the vets tomorrow. Even if the cant do anything it will put my mind at rest as I don't want it turning manky.
Thanks for asking, will update post vets x
02 Feb 2014, 21:19
Paw things can get nasty, the vet will check the lymph nodes up in the dog armpit and see if it's infected. Best of luck.
03 Feb 2014, 01:53
Border collies are just brilliant dogs aren't they! Such clever dogs
Hope all goes well at vets x x
03 Feb 2014, 10:41
Well took a very excited dog to the vets this morning. She loves going there because if you behave they give you cheese! I didn't get any :( so, the vet couldn't stitch it as it would mean shaving off too much pad meaning there wouldn't be enough pad left to stitch. Our bathing and bandaging skills were complimented, still no cheese for me. We just have to wait for the bit that's hanging off to die, making sure it doesn't go smelly and manky. Eeewwwww. Then the vet can cut it off and the healing can commence. It'll take an age to heal completely but I brought a neoprene paw cover so we can go out. No longer than 20 mins and on the lead. This will not make a happy dog as she's used to a 3-5 miler every day. She got painkillers and cheese so she was happy. I got a load of bandages and a bill.
But yes she is brilliant, but I'm querying the clever bit!!
03 Feb 2014, 13:12
Ahh what a good idea of the vets having cheesy rewards!
I have seen so many miserable looking dogs practically having to be dragged into the vets as they remember everything..my friend had to spell out V- E-T coz her doggy knew the word and hid if she heard it!
Congrats on your good work MM xx
07 Feb 2014, 11:29
Cats stealing dogs baskets! X

http://m.wimp.com/dogbeds/
07 Feb 2014, 15:16
Hahahaha!! Love that! Thanks CandiceMarie. :)
07 Feb 2014, 15:53
Owned here by 3 felines with character LOL. Toby - he is our 17 years old Sealpoint Birman, and Toby and Jake 6 year old DSH rescues aka The Hooligans :lol:
07 Feb 2014, 16:12
Oh @Candicemarie that was just soooooo funny and sweet. I'm crying with laughter here :cry: :grin: I thought that Great Dane was just so sweet the way he sat down next to the cat very carefully. What a lovely bunch of pets...so huggable

Bean :smile:
08 Feb 2014, 01:11
Lured into the tent by CandiceMarie (must make the effort to get the hang of this tagging/signatures stuff soon!)
Hibiscrub - I was not impressed when our vet squeezed a few pumps from their industrial sized one by the sink into a bottle then charged us about £7 for it - I think aloe vera or tea trea wash would have probably been as good.
Well - 8 cats here - too much to say about them for this hour so I will pop in again tomorrow and attempt to illustrate with pics!
PS - I love dogs too - just not suitable to our lifestyle - just winds me up when people assume that we don't like them because we have cats!
08 Feb 2014, 08:06
Did you see Candice's film with cats taking over dogs' beds? @Madcatlady ? Its so funny and ever so sweet. Of course you can love cats AND dogs! I used to have a cat called Mr Boo, a right little character. Now I have two Italian Greyhounds...crazies! :bugeyes:

Bean :cake:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 5 of 35