The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

524 posts Page 3 of 35
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35 Next
Re: The WAGS tent!
30 Jan 2014, 19:55
Awww @PennyForthem - if only dogs could talk :cry: looks like she was trying to tell you something :cry:
30 Jan 2014, 19:56
PennyForthem wrote: Just a cautionary tale - not to scare, but to raise awareness.
Easter 2011 was hot and dry in Wales and we were at our favourite place on Anglesey. I went out with the 'girls' on Good Friday morning and noticed our old girl (15 at the time) flagging badly by the end of the walk. No emergency vet on the island and, with horrendous traffic, we decided to 'just keep an eye on her'.
By the Saturday, she was barely with us, so we took her to the local vet, who was open in the morning.
Our poor old girl had been bitten by an adder (the only kind of venomous snake in the UK). She pulled through, but was never quite the same and we bit the kind bullet and had her put down in the September.
So, if it's hot and your dog suddenly flags (or worse) take him/her straight to the vets. You can see the inflamed area on her throat... bless

P1000245.jpg

@PennyForthem what a sad tale..thanks for the warning :0(
What a darling pic,she is so expressive...sorry she had to go,but she lived to a good old age..like some others on here, i believe they go to what is called the Rainbow Bridge..tho my mum always said The Happy Hunting Ground..
For some reason whenever she said it, i used to get a mental pic of two dogs playing tennis!
What a strange child i was! ( what do you mean,nothings changed...How very dare you! :shock:
30 Jan 2014, 20:26
If you want to see some lovely dog pics, go over and have a look at Grumpygeorge's facebook page - he does photos of most of the dogs which come off the ferry from Mallaig onto Skye ... absolutely fantastic photos
30 Jan 2014, 20:32
I' m not on FB SD! But will ask boyf can i take a peek tho he may get the wrong idea!;0)
30 Jan 2014, 20:33
Ps i' ll remember that name as well coz my dad was George and he was dead grumpy! Bless him!
30 Jan 2014, 21:14
We shall be near St Andrews for about 3 weeks and Edinburgh is well within striking distance for a day of shopping and meeting and then we shall be in Edinburgh itself for about3 days before setting off for home. All this from mid march onwards and fat dog and I, plus anyone else who wishes to join us, are hoping to meet up at some date yet to be agreed. I am quite excited about it all,

Ballerina x :heart:
30 Jan 2014, 22:56
Ah yes, pennyforthem, the dreaded snake bite. Unfortunately it is extremely common here as we have so many venomous snakes. I used to be scared every time we took our boys for a walk and always carried a phone with me as it was so easy to come across one on the path or in the grass. We had quite a few encounters when out and about, but luvkily Thom and Joe always came when called or sat if the snake was between us and them. We could tell by the way they sniffed something that it was something they didn't recognise and, therefore likely to be a snake.
We have a tiger snake living in the garden near the frog ond, but we don't worry about it now they aren't with us as it doesn't bother us.
30 Jan 2014, 23:35
Here you go @CandiceMarie - since you asked so nicely :-)

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b56 ... 17c20b.jpg

You have to arrow left to see the critters, because I'm a spaz.

Our mini golden mutt

Our beloved proper Golden
31 Jan 2014, 03:39
Ooh lovely lovely cats n dogs!
And what a sweet son too..gorgeous smile..
Thank you Tracie x
31 Jan 2014, 06:42
CandiceMarie wrote: @angie090465 how about some info on your two darling doggies? They look so sweet!

Here is a pic of my fave breed..the doggy i want when i am well enough to have gone travelling and got the travel bug out of my system..
A wire haired fox terrier....

Thank you Candice! :heart:

well my two babies are Tilly who's roughly 6 years old( rescue dog) she is a staffie cross and Rory my little boy who's one year old and he is a blue staffie, absolutely gorgeous loving dogs :-) Rory has a little claim to fame as he was featured on the Paul O'Grady love for dogs first series, he was just 3 months old and gorgeous, he was brought in at Battersea by a young lady who couldn't cope with him, and am soooo glad she didn't coz we got him the very next day!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Battersea home for dogs/cats do a marvellous job, all the staff there are wonderful people who really care for these abandoned, rescued animals... as anyone will know if they watched the television series last year... :grin:

Rory is a very naughty boy though, he has chewed just about every step on the wooden staircase, has a penchant for plaster :curse:

But I love them both like crazy, and they love me in return no question asked lol... dogs are like that, loyal till the end :razz:
tilly rory.jpg
The terrible unseparable duo :-)
282090_10151130957979694_1760715521_n.jpg
Rory at 3 months
31 Jan 2014, 08:29
Oh Angie, how sweet! You forget how tiny they were when puppies don't you. They look as though they're good friends are they?

@Pennyforthem that's so sad about your poor old dog. It must be so heartbreaking when they go. When Poppy was I'll I told myself I'll never get dogs again, but they bring so much pleasure and happiness don't they. Real little characters...and never a dull moment :-)

Bean :drunk: :dog2:
31 Jan 2014, 08:49
nursebean wrote: Oh Angie, how sweet! You forget how tiny they were when puppies don't you. They look as though they're good friends are they?

@Pennyforthem that's so sad about your poor old dog. It must be so heartbreaking when they go. When Poppy was I'll I told myself I'll never get dogs again, but they bring so much pleasure and happiness don't they. Real little characters...and never a dull moment :-)

Bean :drunk: :dog2:

hi Bean!!

thank you, yes they do get on lol, they are so close that if Tilly is let out and Rory has to wait inside he starts to wimps and cry lol!!!
31 Jan 2014, 08:52
PennyForthem wrote: Just a cautionary tale - not to scare, but to raise awareness.
Easter 2011 was hot and dry in Wales and we were at our favourite place on Anglesey. I went out with the 'girls' on Good Friday morning and noticed our old girl (15 at the time) flagging badly by the end of the walk. No emergency vet on the island and, with horrendous traffic, we decided to 'just keep an eye on her'.
By the Saturday, she was barely with us, so we took her to the local vet, who was open in the morning.
Our poor old girl had been bitten by an adder (the only kind of venomous snake in the UK). She pulled through, but was never quite the same and we bit the kind bullet and had her put down in the September.
So, if it's hot and your dog suddenly flags (or worse) take him/her straight to the vets. You can see the inflamed area on her throat... bless

Penny I just read your post, I am so sorry, poor thing... I cant imagine what you must have gone through... am sure she is in Doggie heaven running around and chasing rabbits no doubts :-) God bless x

P1000245.jpg
31 Jan 2014, 09:10
Sorry, didn't mean to post a face sticking his tongue out...don't know HOW that got there!

One day I will work out how to download the girls when they were babies...so cute I could just squeeze them :-)

Bean :smile:
31 Jan 2014, 09:31
nursebean wrote: Sorry, didn't mean to post a face sticking his tongue out...don't know HOW that got there!

One day I will work out how to download the girls when they were babies...so cute I could just squeeze them :-)

Bean :smile:

aww no worries Bean, didn't eve realise lol!! :lol:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35 Next
524 posts Page 3 of 35