Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
Re: Men Only!
11 Jun 2014, 12:55
Blimey how come i have never been here before . Hello fellow men fasters
11 Jun 2014, 13:01
Afternoon Chaps

:-)

First fast done ( yesterday) not as bad as I thought.
11 Jun 2014, 13:34
Hi and welcome! As you can see, the men's club has sudden bursts of attendance and longer spells where we are all 'minding our own business' (either suffering our fasts in silence, or enjoying the benefits of this way of life without making a fuss about it). Perhaps the World cup will provide us with new 'food for thought': how to watch, celebrate wins and compensate losses without gaining weight :?:
17 Aug 2014, 21:19
c'mon lads. Get this party started again.
17 Aug 2014, 21:21
I think they are all in their caves
17 Aug 2014, 21:27
..or their sheds..or locked in @Sue.Qs spare room...x
17 Aug 2014, 21:27
Or they may be on their hols :like:

Footy season has started :shock:
17 Aug 2014, 21:43
...AND cricket of course!
17 Aug 2014, 22:08
Good lord, no wonder they're in hiding
Bless Em
17 Aug 2014, 22:24
barbarita wrote: I think they are all in their caves

Just came in from the garage after (1) cutting some wood on the table saw for my son after (2) mounting a new aluminum can smasher on the wall. The latter holds 6 cans and somewhat resembles a Gattling gun in terms of speed compared to the older single-shot model it replaced. Considering automating it further (3) with some sort of v-shaped, single-can deep, wall holder just above it like an endless magazine. If the kids would actually load the wall, I might add a motor to mechanize the whole thing just to keep the neighbors awake at odd hours. Otherwise taking a break from (4) climbing my library ladder to dust my den shelves while waiting for my (5) butterfly apron to come out of the dryer after (6) folding and hanging the clothes from the previous go, so that I can (7) fix dinner. Planning to (8) recharge the air-conditioners on three cars later this evening having never done it before. It can't be as much of a P.I.T.A. as (9) last weekend's starter motor change in the wife's car. (Still healing from that one having used up at least a month's worth of carefully selected expletives and bandages.) A man's work is never done.

One or more of these statements are of course, mistruths. I'll let the ladies here weed-out which are which.
17 Aug 2014, 23:30
I think they're all down the pub.......

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
18 Aug 2014, 16:31
Well some of us might be spending their time in the really secret Men Only Club, but I guess that most men are too ambitious and really 'go for gold' and not for silver. Or as one Dutch author once wrote:
She was a woman of the kind that 'knows silence is golden, but will settle for silver...'
19 Sep 2014, 15:34
Hey Fellas, where are you. :geek: :lol:
19 Sep 2014, 17:54
Prep'ing for tomorrow morning's half...

Tech T, compression shorts, over-shorts to hide the compression shorts, socks, go-fasty shoes, hat, shades, water bottle, oxygen bottle with tow cart, two new tennis balls+spare, GPS, stop watch, white cane, zinc ox, duct tape, legs and arms shaved to reduce friction, nip guards (see duct tape); bribes for both the short cut and course timer officials. And finally a signed hall pass from Mrs Oates (home room) to start 1/2 hour early. Yup. I'm ready.
19 Sep 2014, 18:47
Hope this doesn't sound too wrong....... but you know who I think about often and wonder how he's doing? The chap who is getting married in 2015 and wanted to lose weight for the wedding. I hope he's still fasting and taking plenty of bovril. Can't remember his name. Sorry

@RobMorris that's him. If you see this Rob, hope you're doing ok :smile:
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
292 posts Page 19 of 20