The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

292 posts Page 18 of 20
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
Re: Men Only!
25 Feb 2014, 14:44
RobMorris wrote: How is everyone doing?

I still manage two fast days a week :smile: My weight have stabilized around 88 kg, which is 4 kg down from where I started. My goal is 2 kg more, but I'm happy for now just staying put. Total weight loss now at 25 kg last four years. I expected the last couple would be hard.

I must admit that during many of the fast days I ask my self if this is worth it. But then two or three normal days come along and I forget, and start all over again :smile:
25 Feb 2014, 15:21
Just keep going and if you still have something to lose, you will. Do you have any idea of your results in terms of health indicators/blood values? They might be a good reason to stay on track.
25 Feb 2014, 18:16
Hello @Gnoory

Agree with @P-JK! There's more to it than weight alone.
Just have a look at Stacy here who lifts weights, scroll a bit down to see she gains 11 pounds because of more muscle. But it's 11 pounds she wants!
http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

@Hazelnut20 said it the other day: Trousers never lie! I love it :)
26 Feb 2014, 12:57
That's a good read there @RunningOlsen
I might start lifting weights now!
26 Feb 2014, 15:24
RobMorris wrote: That's a good read there @RunningOlsen
I might start lifting weights now!

I don't know about that Rob. I'm (thankfully) having a hard time picturing you in her pink-waisted short-shorts.

:razz:
26 Feb 2014, 15:53
:lol:
26 Feb 2014, 22:12
P-JK wrote: Just keep going and if you still have something to lose, you will. Do you have any idea of your results in terms of health indicators/blood values? They might be a good reason to stay on track.

Thanks, P-JK! No, no values to compare, as I jumped on the 5:2 the day after I read about it. I was curious about the claimed "repair-mode" and the effect on fixing/generating brain cells, but Mensa has not called me yet. I'll keep pressing on ...

@RunningOlsen : Nice job by Stacy, and nice quote by @Hazelnut20. Trouser/body mismatch in the right direction is a far greater kick than any digits on a scale!

@RobMorris : We are waiting for the before picture in those nice pink-waisted short-shorts. The after picture can come when you feel ready :smile:
28 Feb 2014, 14:12
Any of you had issues with your eyes? The last week my vision has been slightly blurred, and I've never had any issues with this or needed glasses before.

Probably I'm just getting old, but I've seen some say that low bloodsugar is connected to poor focus!? Which would connect with the fasting days.
28 Feb 2014, 14:19
Hey @Gnoory
I've had glasses since childhood, but it doesn't work like sudden blurring (that I have tried with various alcoholic drinks)
I think you should get it checked!
28 Feb 2014, 14:42
I believe you can also get blurring when in ketosis. There was a thread about it maybe a year ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Here you go: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic1655.html
08 Mar 2014, 22:05
Well, seems like I'm just getting older. I've taken a test, and my first pair of glasses are now fitted firmly on my nose at work :-)
04 May 2014, 05:41
Hello fellow men!

Read this about exercising before eating:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/15/phys-ed-the-benefits-of-exercising-before-breakfast/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

A bit old, but still relevant.
04 May 2014, 09:23
Good to have our club back to life again. Interesting research, but you might just as well ask why you would eat large amounts of unhealthy breakfast in the first place. Obviously you could frame the results in this way: In case you really want to eat this way at breakfast, you can, but you will have to excercise for an hour before you do so. Framed this way my choice is not that difficult: yes I do like some running every now and then, but eating a light (continental) breakfast is always the first thing I do in the morning (even on fast days).
04 May 2014, 19:01
"Running or bicycling before breakfast."...

Looks like I did both this morning. A 10K run/walk followed by a somewhat shorter ride along irrigation canals and dirt roads in the area picking 1 kg (2.25 lbs) of wild spring asparagus.

I've been doing ADF (from the start) and recently modifying it somewhat to 4:3 to match the wife's schedule. Because I'm fat-adapted now, it doesn't matter if I have breakfast or not for up to 2 hours of exertion.

I'm hoping for the ketosis idea (unlikely) for slightly reduced eyesight and a recent eye checkup denies that weight loss by itself affects eye sight. (He's been a low-calorie advocate for many years.) Did PRK long ago to see 20:10 or better, now "a soft 20:20." according to the doc. Need at least another 1/4 diopter correction before a re-zap could be considered.

I can also corroborate the article's referenced PubMed study "Training in the fasted state improves glucose tolerance during fat-rich diet" since I've replaced carb-based breakfasts with fat-only bullet coffees and can either maintain or drop weight as desired.
11 Jun 2014, 12:19
Bumping for @WooDan, @GeorgeA and @philxjr and any other new members of the forum of the male gender!
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
292 posts Page 18 of 20