The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

292 posts Page 16 of 20
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
Re: Men Only!
15 Jan 2014, 00:21
Also, if you can avoid them don't take any anti-inflammatory medication.
15 Jan 2014, 10:16
Silverdarling wrote: Or ... Just DRINK more. (That's water, by the way )

This has worked for me. No 'backing up' in either ends. More info on that in the secret men only club.

@P-JK Thanks for the lookup :smile: I was thinking: 'Hmm…does he not feel he gets enough support from his friend and familily? Is he struggling with motivation'.

By the way, a new world record for me today - over a day after my third fast day : 89,4 kg - It has been ten years since I've been this low! Excited to see if this is just a 'startup'-result, or if the loss is more 'backed up' and permanent.
19 Jan 2014, 22:19
How are you doing, men?

The truth is out there, and tomorrow morning I will see how the first two weeks on 5:2 have impacted my chubby self. Things are looking good though, and another hole in my belt bit the dust this morning. A new and never before used hole now takes over the watch, if only for a breif time as I plummet towards my weight goal.

And now his watch is ended.

Have a great week! Summer is coming!
19 Jan 2014, 22:34
Doing fine. Can only point to my post a couple of days ago:
weight-maintenance-f18/six-months-on-on-what-am-i-still-a-5-2-faster-t10781.html
22 Jan 2014, 17:59
julianna wrote: I can tell my hubby is sick of hearing me talk about 5:2 - I can see his eyes glazing over- and his doing the 5:2 with me!!! Not interested in talking about it but will humour me for a while. He just gets on and does it. Thank God for you guys!!!

Hey guys, seems there are more of us 'just getting on and doing it'
23 Jan 2014, 13:08
Yeah I am just 'getting on with it'
I like that it really takes little to no effort to fast!
My fasting days are easy.
My feeding days I am finding hard.. As I am still over indulging.
23 Jan 2014, 13:51
I've had some more positive side effects during non-fasting days. I feel a greater sensitivity on when I am actually full. So instead of eating until I think I've had enough, it's like my stomac just tells me straight out, 'Gnoory, you've had enough. Now you don't feel hungry anymore'. I have on several occations just put down my food even when the plate is not empty. 'I don't need any more'. Definitive a pluss, as this helps me not to over indulge. A definitive new experience.

Yesterdays weigh in was also a nice surprise : 88.8 kg, down 2.9 kg on justo over two weeks :smile: At the moment this all seems 'to easy', but I'll try to keep my head down as things may change over time. As for now I feel like I've found the holy grail of weight loss!
23 Jan 2014, 14:49
I've been doing 5:2 for a 2 weeks, have lost 8lbs so far which has been enjoyable. I still need to lose another few stone to get my BMI down, and reading a thread like this (yes I have read most the pages!) gives me hope that it can help me get there.

:)
23 Jan 2014, 17:04
Gnoory wrote: I've had some more positive side effects during non-fasting days. I feel a greater sensitivity on when I am actually full. So instead of eating until I think I've had enough, it's like my stomac just tells me straight out, 'Gnoory, you've had enough. Now you don't feel hungry anymore'.
As for now I feel like I've found the holy grail of weight loss!

I am lucky to have been in the same category, so I can share this experience, as many others do (sorry for you Rob, but things might change for you as well).

As far as the holy grail is concerned: I am not so much into my classics, but what is supposed to happen once you do find the holy grail? Live forever happy afterwards or what??
23 Jan 2014, 17:40
I think it is a quest to give you purpose keep you out of mischief, you are not intended to find it, ever!
23 Jan 2014, 20:20
CreakyPete wrote: I think it is a quest to give you purpose keep you out of mischief, you are not intended to find it, ever!

Mischief sounds fun though!
23 Jan 2014, 21:35
CreakyPete wrote: I think it is a quest to give you purpose keep you out of mischief, you are not intended to find it, ever!

Sure, it's obvious you are not intended to find it (and you never will!), but I suppose there must be a reason why we should keep on searching, which is the thing that will happen to you in case you do find it? (like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?)
23 Jan 2014, 22:21
Just checked Wikipedia, looks like the whole grail thing is a load of nonsense but there are several potential grails in existence around the world...
Just a nice romantic story, knights searching for a grail to bring King Arthur back to Britain, or a metaphorical device pointing to the existence of Christ's descendants from his marriage to Mary Magdalene. Take your pick!
25 Jan 2014, 22:30
Gnoory wrote: ... I feel like I've found the holy grail of weight loss!

P-JK wrote: ... but what is supposed to happen once you do find the holy grail? Live forever happy afterwards or what??

Well...a sneak weigh-in today may suggest I may keep searching. A kg up. So I'll get back to searching for..

• ...the fountain...
  • ...the pot at the end of the rainbow...
  • ...the heart of the island...
  • ...yellow brick road...
  • ...the land of opportunity...
  • ...the matrix...
  • ...the SECRET®...
  • ...the holy grail...

... of weight loss. Pick what suits you best :wink:

HolyGrail wrote: Catch me if you can!
26 Jan 2014, 07:29
Well, I suppose they journey is just as important as the result.

And a fluctuation of 1 to 1.5 kg between weight measurements happens to many (variation of water/food getting in and out of your body at irregular time intervals).
Previous 1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 Next
292 posts Page 16 of 20