The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

292 posts Page 7 of 20
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20 Next
Re: Men Only!
30 Apr 2013, 00:27
This chart just about sums up my handyman approach except for the HAMMER standby. Surprising how many times the application of a little WD-40 and hammer have proved effective!
30 Apr 2013, 06:09
the flow chart approach (which I love) would surely reduce my toolkit somewhat! But I love my toolkit with all it's things and stuff and bits and...and...
and it is a rather groovy bag
so there
30 Apr 2013, 07:12
6 weeks in, woke today & for the first time I was not hungry whatsoever. #Shock

For the first two weeks I almost chewed the fridge door off.

Men love 5:2 because :

It's either strictly ON

or strictly OFF

I think it's the caveman showing his face.

footnote : got into my old football shirt at the weekend for some gardening, looked a right mug :lol:
30 Apr 2013, 07:50
Thanks for the flow chart Caroline. Got to admit I was looking for the hammer too then decided it must be being used!

Old Nog, WD40 can be used as aftershave but isn't as gentle as 3 in 1 which can also be used as moisturiser, sun screen and of course lubricant - making it 4 in 1.

The next edition of Manly Beauty will be looking at alternative uses for Squirty Polyurethane Filler and accuracy with a sealant gun. :cool: :-)
30 Apr 2013, 08:21
gets excited. love squirty foam...
30 Apr 2013, 08:22
Whoever said titling this thread 'men only' was red rag to a bull was spot on :lol:

I know two things about rugby:

My hubby loves it (and hates football)

and

The tight jerseys are about the only reason I can bear to have it on the TV :wink:

Hubby has great plans for this female dominated household though. He and his bestie are taking our eight year old twin girls to the sevens again in a couple of weeks. They went last year and loved it! That had led to them watching rugby on TV. Thankfully they take after their dad in build (he is 6' and under 11st naturally, never been bigger than a 32/32 trouser) so I don't have to worry about them taking up the sport :razz:

Which reminds me:

... Wanders off to sew red ribbon on white dresses for them to wear at the sevens, and no, I'm not kidding!
30 Apr 2013, 08:24
And a quick question: do real men still use swarfega?? My dad always did, but hubby came home the other day with a little tube of Ecover stuff :shock: I'm a bit worried, if I'm honest :bugeyes: :grin:
30 Apr 2013, 08:39
don;t know about real men, but I used swarfega to make fake blood...
sure ecover stuff wouldn't cut it! ;)
30 Apr 2013, 08:56
Swarfega - yeah I keep a tub of it instead of shower gel, just the job after a tough day on the beach. :pirate:
30 Apr 2013, 09:22
Hello all.. just adding my name to the list.
about a month in now, all going ok, though I had a pretty fatty weekend, including a few beers. Not weighed in yet, but should still be comfortably under my starting weight.
What I love about this : Yesterday was going to be a fast day, however someone brought cakes into the office! ! so I had a cake and am fasting today instead. EASY.

Gong to start exercise soon, more toning than weight loss but what do you gents do ? Gym ? running ? Cycling ? Swimming ?
30 Apr 2013, 12:30
Just got back from an hour on the bike - quick bite of lunch (fast-day sized) then off to shop to order a faster bike!
30 Apr 2013, 12:54
This weather is wonderful. It means I can't go to the Gym, as I want to be in the garden.

I have washed our sheets, got them drying outside, all the windows are open, Vacuuming and mopping are done, 3 hours of weeding finished, and all is at one in the world.

That was a very effeminate post, so I am going to use some petrol driven implements now to balance the whole thing out! Got to love a two stroke, that whole pulling the cord thing is what being a bloke is about...and if it don't start, WD40!
30 Apr 2013, 13:27
boboff wrote: This weather is wonderful. It means I can't go to the Gym, as I want to be in the garden.

I have washed our sheets, got them drying outside, all the windows are open, Vacuuming and mopping are done, 3 hours of weeding finished, and all is at one in the world.

That was a very effeminate post, so I am going to use some petrol driven implements now to balance the whole thing out! Got to love a two stroke, that whole pulling the cord thing is what being a bloke is about...and if it don't start, WD40!

Damn! Another perfect man taken! :cry:
30 Apr 2013, 18:06
"Got to love a two stroke," mmmm two stroke, the smell of my yoof.
30 Apr 2013, 19:36
Just had a fantastic 'between fasts' day, fasted yesterday and again tomorrow, bfast this morning, bacon butty, then off fishing for day, sat in the sunshine, warm with no wind & a shedload of fish :grin: didn't bother with lunch and home in time to make me and MrsNog a curry, no supper tonight and fast day tomorrow :smile: easy this diet innit :like:

Swarfega, 2 stroke, 4 in 1 oil all in one thread including rugby as well, this is my kinda diet forum :lol:
Previous 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 20 Next
292 posts Page 7 of 20