The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

292 posts Page 10 of 20
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20 Next
Re: Men Only!
07 May 2013, 14:11
Nice to see a number of new faces amongst the guys on the forum :like: nothing against the lasses, but this dieting health type lark isn't often a subject us lads chat about :bugeyes:

unless its along the lines of "how did you injure the finger then?" "oh that, was fixing the misufticator and the spanner slipped!" :dazed:

Hopefully see you all out and about on the forum :like:
09 May 2013, 19:39
Just to get my thread back on track here's some boys talk :

I'm selling my ride-on tractor to upgrade to one with a larger mulching deck.

jet washed my patio at the weekend

tried a jagerbomb for the first time.

Loving this 5:2. Feel like a new man. The Hammers have a new Adidas kit out soon and I may even get into a medium.

Fasting today, been on the 19p sainsburys fizzy water. Free all day entertainment!
09 May 2013, 20:30
PML: Wigston, 5 miles south of Leicester City, full of old people.

Used to go through Grantham on the way to Mablethorpe (seaside) as a kid from Nottingham...

Where are you in Canada?
15 May 2013, 07:55
My hobbies have changed very much over the years, todays one of my hobbies busy day ........ I have a microbrewery :lol:

Yup I brew beer, not anything remotely like the stuff we brewed at uni back in the 70's, this is the real McCoy :like:

Brewed from malted grain, hops and water, the only other 'additive' is yeast for fermentation. Once bottled it will continue to improve stored for a long time, so yet again this 5:2 lark allows the consumption of the hobby, just cut down by not having any during the week :cool:
17 May 2013, 10:49
So 4 weeks in now, lost 11.5lb ! first time for years my BMI is less than 33 and I'm well chuffed.. though I am sure taking up cycling again helps with a couple of 7mile circuits each week :)

Had lost a few stone prior to this but had got bored and beer'ed up my belly again .

Best bit is I can celebrate with a bottle of Rioja !

Total to date is nearly 3 stone now with the previous dieting.
17 May 2013, 11:08
Creaky Pete - I'm on Prince Edward Island (Anne of green gables and lobster country).
We used to go to Skeggy as kids then onto Mablethorpe afterward...Donkeys on the beach and fish n chips mmmm
17 May 2013, 11:12
Old Nog wrote: My hobbies have changed very much over the years, todays one of my hobbies busy day ........ I have a microbrewery :lol:

Yup I brew beer, not anything remotely like the stuff we brewed at uni back in the 70's, this is the real McCoy :like:

Brewed from malted grain, hops and water, the only other 'additive' is yeast for fermentation. Once bottled it will continue to improve stored for a long time, so yet again this 5:2 lark allows the consumption of the hobby, just cut down by not having any during the week :cool:

Hey Old Nog, I work a lot with hops, I own a company that manufactures pellet mills for various processes - one of them making hops pellets...see it done...
http://youtu.be/hn3nc1UBiNY
17 May 2013, 13:30
PML wrote: Hey Old Nog, I work a lot with hops, I own a company that manufactures pellet mills for various processes - one of them making hops pellets...see it done...
http://youtu.be/hn3nc1UBiNY

Hi there PML just watched the video, interesting process, I know a number of craft brewers use pelleted hops, mainly for late hopping for aroma.
I've forwarded the link to one of our suppliers, you never know :wink:
27 May 2013, 09:45
Just bumping this thread up - we apparently have another man!
28 May 2013, 13:06
Another male here. Joined the Forum last week, started 5:2 20th May. I am on my 3rd fast day.....going well so far.
Had quite an indulgent weekend (being bank holiday), BBQ, chinese and alcohol so I daren't weigh in until after my two fasting days this week.
My initial goal is to see a 13 on the scales! Been hovering between 14 and 15 stone for too long now.
My long term goal is to then see a 12 and have a BMI under 24 (currently 29 I believe).
Anyway, good luck to all men (and ladies). Will keep you posted of my progress.
31 May 2013, 10:03
Welcome!
Booze it the killer...hidden calories ad I always get the munchies...
24 Jul 2013, 14:13
Update from me. Haven't posted on here for a while but have looked in now and again. Since 20th May I have lost 17lbs and BMI is now 27 so I am well chuffed. Fast days become easier and the motivation for me to lose a further stone is still there. Energy levels have increased, as has stamina (wink wink). So glad I found 5:2.
24 Jul 2013, 17:14
Thought it about time to post on this thread.

As my name implies, I enjoy beer (but also wine and whiskey). That has not stopped 5:2 from working, thankfully. Maybe just a bit slower than it otherwise would :wink: But as I'm not in a race, the slowness does not bother me.

Just broke through my third plateau and hope for a few weeks of continued losses before the next one!

Just on my way to our craft beer festival, that is attended by people from around the world (like Middle East, Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, North America, etc.). Over 80 craft beers and only five days to sample (drink a lot of) them. :grin:

Tally-ho!
24 Jul 2013, 18:00
Interesting, I've never thought of this WOE as especially "manly", but perhaps it is. You can easily fit these eating habits into almost any lifestyle, macho or not, without having to explain why you won't eat that pizza or have that beer at weekends.

My personal reason for starting, considering my family background I'm probably in a high risk group for prostate cancer. Easily treatable perhaps, but the price you'll have to pay seems pretty tough for your manliness though.

My father suffers from rather newly diagnosed dementia. When looking back I can see how he for many years suffered from the early signs of dementia, he tried to hide his declining cognitive abilities by withdrawing from social contact. It's very clear to me how a fully functional brain is worth a lot, at any age.
30 Jul 2013, 17:42
OK, so I'm going to try the 5:2 eating plan. Most likely I'll be eating <900 calories on Mondays & Thursdays. I'm fairly athletic. On a Saturday, I can burn between 3000 and 5000 calories going cycling... which is chiefly why I put my fasting 2 days away from that day. Any comments on how 5:2 interacts with heavy exercise (I lift weights regularly too)? Weekly expenditure in cycling is for 80 miles (130 km).
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20 Next
292 posts Page 10 of 20