The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

57 posts Page 3 of 4
Good on you GoLinda, speedy recovery.

Where is everybody, how come I've managed to get up to third on the leaderboard?
I am so excited! I am right this moment #9 for April, #10 for past 7 days! :victory:
Probably it's cause the rest of you are just slacking, but still :lol: :lol:
I've got a cold and am all snotty and wah wah wah.
KataMac wrote: I've got a cold and am all snotty and wah wah wah.

Ha ha lol
That was me Friday to Monday. Vicks sinex, sorts me out, even exercised right through it.
Hope it's just a short virus like mine was. :heart:
@KataMac Hope you feel better soon!

carieoates wrote:
KataMac wrote: I've got a cold and am all snotty and wah wah wah.

Ha ha lol
That was me Friday to Monday. Vicks sinex, sorts me out, even exercised right through it.

Wow, a 5 day virus is long! I started a cold (the first one in a year) Monday night, just hope it has cleared before my half marathon race on Sunday. Still managing to train, but not sleeping well as difficult to breathe :frown:
Yay. Number 7 :smile:
Thanks Caroline - I'm just hoping that nasal drip doesn't give me a cough on Sunday when I'm going to see Phantom. Nothing quite like coughing and annoying a theatre full of people!

Good luck for your 1/2 marathon on Sunday Franglaise.

Yay RachaelB! Number 7 is a great number (my roller derby number let alone anything else :grin: :cool: )
Help with logging other activities, PLEASE!! It's biking season, and although I love my fitbit one, I don't understand anything except simple walking and running steps. I'm not a runner (yet), and even the active minute count seems, in my case, to be quite random.

So... activities. Let's start with the point of it - you can't change your step count, right? I took a bike ride this afternoon. The tracker claimed I took 3200 steps and burned 166 calories. The step count isn't meaningful for biking (or other non-step related activities), and I don't really care how many calories I burned, as I'm a happy mainteneer. So is there a point to logging the biking activity, other than keeping track of the fact that I did it? If I do log it, it seems like I am "doubling" my activity, since the steps are already on the record, and I'm adding in an activity during the same time period that the fitbit thought I was walking.

I hope my questions make sense to someone in this tent. I'm certainly confused!

Thanks!
@wendyjane have you got myfitness pal. You can add activities through that.
Plus you can add activity through the app dashboard.

@TBrewerton did you go and see the Royal Cambridge's in your Cambridge.
Good Morning Fitbitters
April got off to a fairly shabby start for me - having ended March in the top 3 I've only just managed to claw my way into the April top 10.
We have had two University visit days which involved longish journeys followed by a not very much walking. However DS has now chosen his first preference and is hoping to go to Southampton in September.
The sun is shining here and it looks like a very good day to walk via the pub :smile:
I never bother adding my other activities. My flex picks up steps when I skate, the steps aren't accurate obviously, but they do come out fairly well synced with distance. It picks up a bit when I cycle, but not as many kms as I cover, and the steps aren't as high as the same time walking, so I figure that's fine.

I don't look at calories burned, so as long as I'm not being given more steps than I feel I've earned, I'm okay with it.
Nice to have your son sorted for Uni, and a pub walk sounds like a great way to spend a Sunday.
Did my first half marathon this morning, so there will be a lot of steps logged today. 1hr43mins.
Thanks, @KataMac. I will probably not bother with activities either. But I'm still confused. I know how to add activities on the fitbit site, @Carieoates, but I don't get the point. You can't reduce your step count (I think), and if you add an activity like biking, it adds calories burned but won't change your step count. Right?

Anyhow, my big goal is to be more active and get into better shape. My strategy to achieve this includes competing viciously (okay, not really) with you lot. So if I am more active and take a long bike ride on a nice spring day, it seems like the resultant step count will make me look like I'm actually LESS active, and I'll drop in the leaderboard.
Great job, @Franglaise!!
57 posts Page 3 of 4