The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

57 posts Page 1 of 4
Ever since @SianS cleverly named the March thread, I've been planning to name this one. Now it's all ready for you early bird Aussie's to post to.

It's not nearly April yet in my land, but I'm determined to take a nice LONG walk on Tuesday and see if, just once, I can make the top ten. :grin:
I like it Wendy, :oops:
Well since I averaged less than 10,000 steps a day the last week of March, I guess I need to step up! It was kind of odd actually. I was at my mom's house last week clearing it out - up and down the stairs, packing and hauling carloads of stuff away, yet I sometimes barely made 7,000 steps! And was I (along with my brother and sister) ever exhausted at the end of the day!

Ah well, now I'm home and can make sure I get those steps in! Happy April to all!
I'm gutted because I've lost my fitbit one :cry:

I KNOW I had it in the house on Saturday evening, and I couldn't find it yesterday, so it MUST be around somewhere. I'm a creature of habit with jewellery etc (the same can't be said for paperwork!) so its nuts that I can't find it. DH reckons that maybe I've dropped it and the cat has batted it around somewhere.

I need a tracker on it!
It's hopeless! :frown:
I managed a respectable 13000 steps today, thought I'd made the top ten for sure, and there I am at #17...
The problem seems to be (besides the very steep competition) living on the wrong side of the world. @Franglaise, is your 29,500 steps in April one day's worth or two???
I'm going to have to become a runner, apparently. Easier said than done!

EDIT: I clearly don't understand the "average" steps either. Shouldn't the average after one or two days of a month has passed be either the same as the total or 1/2 the total? Well it isn't. Some people's (@Mandy, @Alex, @Julia E) average seems to be 2/3 of their total right now, and @Zingbing's total is 14574 and average is 4742. Someone please explain this to me.

@Winsome, did your fitbit turn up? Hope so. We're always looking for random small objects in our house. Things that just have to be here. It's a good idea to blame the cat.
I can't work out the averages either Wendyjane. There have been time people with a higher average have been below people with a lower average. Must be something to do with how many days the averages are for (past 7 days vs entire month maybe?)

I get my steps with two 3-4km walks a day (I'm an early riser, so plenty of time in the morning, and the second one is anytime in the arvo or evening depending on the day). I also walk and cycle as my transport for most things, so that helps too. But I do put those 2 daily walks at top of my priority list. I HAVE to do them for sanity, they are my destress, my unwind, my me time. I don't watch tv, I also put housework way lower on my priority list (yes our house is often (mostly?) a tip, luckily it doesn't bother me lol), my children are at a delightfully capable age.
@wendyjane My steps were in one day, I think it ended around 29,500. Yes, it included a training session with the running club (around 12kms with run and interval training) 2 x 2km walks and gardening in the afternoon (I have a very big garden so take a lot of steps going back and forth cutting grass and strimming!)
Good luck to everyone for this month :clover:
I can tell you I'm pretty damned chuffed to finish March in 7th place following my first full month of One ownership! It's been such an eye-opener for me, realising I'm far more active than I gave myself credit for....
@Winsome: Is your one connected to your iPhone? If it does sync to your phone, you can open up the fitbit app, and wander around with it until your phone finds your fitbit. Then you know you're within 20 feet of it. That should help narrow the search window. I lost my fitbit at my mom's house in February and was in a bit of a panic. Then, my phone found my fitbit in my car and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. (Turns out, it was in the first place I asked my husband to check, my toiletries bag of my suitcase! LOL).
Wow had a great day yesterday and clocked up over 22,000 steps. I'm not sure the dog was too thrilled though. I'm being a bit less active today - funny how the weather has such an impact. Still I'm 4th on the leaderboard for now which I'll make the most of :smile:
Great going, @KataMac (you must be the same person as Kat?), @RachaelB, and @Domane (and who are you on the leaderboard?)! Domane, I may not be doing as well as I want to be, but I had the same experience in January when I got my fitbit - I was pleasantly surprised that I was generally more active than I had thought.

@Franglaise, what an amazing activity level. Good thing I don't have to compete with you. TeamUSA is in a whole different league. :smile:

And now I'm off for a walk....
@Tracieknits yes it is, and I didn't think of that! Off to have a wander!
Yes, Im just Kat on Fitbit. Charged my flex overnight and FORGOT TO PUT IT ON THIS MORNING before my walk. Crazy how it makes me feel like my walk wasn't worth it. Hmmm, that's not logical is it?
Well my fitbit synced so I know I was right about it being in the house. Still can't find the blooming thing though :frown:
@Wendyjane.... I'm Jane Rodgers.....
57 posts Page 1 of 4