The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

158 posts Page 6 of 11
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11 Next
Re: Wild 'n' Nuts!
09 Jun 2016, 07:40
Sneaking in here quickly to wish my buddy @wildmissus a great fast and a good shift at work.

Do hope today goes well for you and perhaps we can catch up later? I had a full-on day yesterday and didn't manage much time on the forum...and today is a little busy too...but I'll be back later!

Take care buddy xx
09 Jun 2016, 21:39
Hi @Hazelnut20, how has your day been?

Sorry but I need to speak to @Tracieknits first. Fancy a challenge Tracie? No chocolate for a week, you name the start day and we'll JFDI (just f***ing do it). The thought of it scares me but Pernelle has got me so motivated, so do you fancy it?

Yesterday was a fine day for me eating wise but it was a long day because I was really tired. I did have half a big bag of kettle chips and 4 pieces of shortbread but it was a normal day and for me to only have had that for extras/snacks is a miracle, so I was happy with that. Today I was fasting so drank water and fennel tea until I became uncomfortably hungry at about 2pm when I had two unplanned oatcakes with a bit of cheese. At 4pm I had my meatballs with chilli sauce with your favourite and mine, broccoli. Because I was so tired yesterday I had a bit of a lay in and didn't get up until about 9am, I did a wee bit of housework, went to the gym and did the rest of the housework. Work the last couple of days had been good. This evening I was sorting out all the 'bits and pieces' which end up getting put in crates until we have time to sort things out, items that lose there labels or items whose packaging gets torn. I came home with a pack of 7 socks for Chris which were reduced to £1 because the packaging was so ripped they couldn't be hung up. For the next two weeks I will be working 40 hours which is going to be very tiring. I have planned ahead and have some meals in the freezer ready to take to work with me for my dinner when I'm on evening shifts - hairy dieters lamb, spinach and potato curry and beef stew.

I weigh in tomorrow, I always feel a bit apprehensive but it should be ok. I am well motivated at the moment and like @Tracieknits, I'm combining a few things I've learned here - I don't eat after 8pm and I have reduced my carbs a lot. We are having a work night out on Saturday, we are going to a local cocktail bar for food and guess what...cocktails. As it is only a small place we have pre ordered our food. I've ordered a main and a pudding and so far I'm the only one who is only having two courses!

How are things going with you. I always have a look to see what you are up to on the BSD thread. I'm so impressed with @justdee.
09 Jun 2016, 22:55
Hiya buddy!

Good luck for the weigh in 2moz! You're doing so well with food right now - it was great to read how things are going for you. Very impressed with what you've put in place ready for the next couple of weeks at work - that's going to be full-on, isn't it? The time will race by!

Loving the challenge you've thrown down to Tracie re chocolate - that's amazing! You are clearly in a really good place....and I couldn't be happier for you. Not only that, but I just know you can do it too! As Dee is finding, a week goes by quite quickly & there's a lot to be said for short sharp challenges.

My day has gone OK thanks - have totally stuck to the eating regime so that's good. Very hungry now though, so off to bed in a min! Had a pedicure this afternoon & chose purple copper varnish - very nice! Did I mention I love purple? Yes I do! I don't worry about whether it'll go with my sandals or any of that nonsense....I just like what I like! I think it's probably my third or fourth ever pedi - haven't even had one for each decade of my life! Then I popped to a couple of garden centres to look at plants - as I have big gardening plans this weekend! My MIL is coming down to garden for us - she misses hers since moving to a flat, so is going to knock ours into shape, hurrah! Quite late tonight I decided I really should paint my fingernails....in bright pink (well, the light's a bit subdued in the lounge...and it's a new colour...so we'll see just how bright it is in the morning, ha ha!) so I've had to stay up ages to make sure they're dry...silly girl...should've started sooner...I never learn!

Best close now...but I'll be keeping fingers crossed for you 2moro for some good news! Hope your day goes really well xx
09 Jun 2016, 23:11
Best of luck to you @Wildmissus on the weigh in :-) It sounds like you're doing really well. All of that planning definitely helps make it easier. And I totally know what you mean about being proud of only a moderate amount of snacks. Because we all know there are days we'd have finished the whole big bag of chips *and* the whole box of shortbread. But those days are behind us.

Yes, I'm up for it, but I was planning on setting myself up for success by starting the week when I get my period. In theory, it's due Tuesday or Wednesday. But who knows when it will decide to show up? Not me. >.< I have not had any chocolate at all today, yet, and yesterday I only had the 75 calorie / quarter cup mini serving. I still have six points left that I could eat, but I will promise right here and now that if I eat them, they won't be chocolate or sugar. Maybe wine. Does that count as sugar

I hope you have a lovely time on your work night out. Inverness is so charming! I'm sure it will be a nice summer evening :-)

@Hazelnut20 good for you on getting the pedicure!!! That's a lovely reward I've given myself before when I've been behaving with my food plan. I have rather been wanting one lately, but the choice is between putting that cash toward my feet or towards our holiday, so I've been choosing holiday and trying to do my own feet. I know what you mean about a favorite color for your toes, coordination be damned. I always do an iridescent hot pink, OPI's Pomeiian Purple. I don't care what season it is, what shoes I'm wearing - the color on my toes makes me smile. My nails on my hands are far too short for that, and with all of the painting and work I did in my bathroom recently, my hands are a bit of a mess. So just clear strengthener when I remember.

See you lovely ladies tomorrow :-)
10 Jun 2016, 01:51
I'm going to bed now and I did not eat any chocolate today. I just ate a small bowl of pineapple, but no chocolate :-)
10 Jun 2016, 07:26
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Yooooohoooo - @tracieknits - these are for you!

I know how very difficult it is to forgo chocolate - massive respect! Totally brilliant...

Have a great day! Xx
10 Jun 2016, 09:19
I lost 2lbs this week. I'm a little disappointed by that as I only lost 0.6lb after yesterdays fast, normally I lose around 2lb so my weekly weight loss could have been 3 or 4lb. I've also tried very hard this week, lots of self control around food and lots of exercise and my body fat %age went up 0.3% to 41.4% and my waist is still 37". So yes I am miffed but I will carry on as 2lb is still a healthy loss but is probably just water.

@Tracieknits, why don't we start a new thread when your body is ready, something like 'giving up chocolate for a week' and see who else wants to join us. My oldest daughter gave me a Double Decker a few days ago, which I love, and I can't stop thinking about it, that'll be today's treat. Tomorrow I have my night out with desert which will be sticky toffee pudding with cream, I know it's not chocolate but it might as well be. I'm going food shopping today and will make sure I don't buy anything chocolatey.

@Hazelnut20, are you actually learning how to be good to yourself? I'm well impressed that you had a pedicure. I usually struggle on doing my own toes but I might just book an appointment before I go away on holiday to have nail wraps done on my toes. Our policy at work has just changed from not being allowed to wear nail varnish at all to being allowed to wear neutral colours. I'm up for that because my nails always break at work so I can get some OPI Nail Envy on to strengthen them and maybe even some pale pink varnish. I have always like my nails to look good.
10 Jun 2016, 12:44
Thank you @Hazelnut20!

@Wildmissus I'm sorry you're disappointed in a 2 pound loss, but really, that's a great job, well done!

I think that's a great idea about the challenge thread. I'll do it! :-)

Oh my am I glad that I just read about that double decker after having eaten my splurge treat breakfast. I saved points from yesterday (I know it's a no-no) and spent them this morning on a croissant. I had a half cup of plain dannon yogurt in one of my little French glasses, as well as a good portion of fresh cherries and fresh raspberries, along with a cup of espresso with a touch of cream. It felt positively regal. Now I'm prepared to go out shopping with my sister in law and not overindulge or buy the wrong things at the grocery store.

I don't know if you can get this in Scotland, but I love this nail stuff called Pink Gel Coat. It's protective and stuff like OPI's Nail Envy, but it has a very sheer pink tint to it. I love it, but it is a splurge, so my nails are au natural right now. http://www.sephora.com/pink-gel-coat-P269618

I hope both of you have a great day today :-)
10 Jun 2016, 20:17
Your breakfast sounds very posh @Tracieknits, it making me feel hungry, time to put the kettle on again. I actually have the pink gel coat from Perfect Formula but I've never used it so I'm about to go and put it on, thanks for the recommendation.
11 Jun 2016, 00:20
I really share and understand your disappointment @wildmissus - it doesn't feel remotely fair to put in a lot of effort and keep a tight control over yourself...and then not get what you feel you deserve.

Bodies are such strange things...seemingly with a mind of themselves. Looking at it in a slightly different way - that's 4 packs of butter you don't have to cart round anymore. I still wonder if you are creating muscle with all your exercise? It might also be interesting to measure other places as well as your waist? I am a classic pear shape - so I am always most interested in whether I've lost anything round my tree trunk legs. My waist is historically one of the least-worst parts of me, but although it's good to know that some inches are slowly coming off there, what I really want is to lose off my thighs, hips and my fat upper arms (which are shocking!) My point in gabbling on about this is to say that maybe if you saw some solid improvements in various measurements, you would feel a lot better about those fickle scales? If you are only monitoring your waist, you might be missing out on some positivity...

I jumped on the scales this morning just to see how it was going - big mistake. In nearly 5 days, I've only lost about 0.4 of a measly pound....according to the scales anyway....grrrrrr and double grrrrrr! Not remotely happy with that & hope something along the lines of a miracle happens before Monday weigh-in! Been a little despondent today about it...but have stuck rigidly to the food plan nonetheless. Then guess what happened tonight? I put some old jogging bottoms on....and was suddenly aware of some actual space in the thigh area. Yep, they are not straining at the seams for a change. I can actually feel air circulating! Now I remember that feeling - I had it in 2014 when I was doing 5:2!! And it was a very nice feeling...so I think I'll keep plodding on and not give up (for a change!). Swings and roundabouts....this fasting business! I haven't done nearly enough yet - so I have to carry on - I don't have a choice or an alternative. You my dear buddy have your holiday in late July to think of...which is many weeks away. Remember we're going to see how far you can get by then!! Keep the faith please - because you really are doing so well. You've turned your way of thinking around just lately and I see you are now throwing chocolate challenges down! There's a very strong and determined lady right there...so channel her and don't give the flaming scales the power to deflate you....because they don't deserve such a power. I know I'm going on a lot and I apologise if I am being annoying in any way (!)...but I've just thought of one final thing I want to say:- please try to measure your success with this WOL in more terms other than just the FS (fickle scales). Look at what you are achieving! A much more positive attitude to kicking the excess weight into touch, trying really hard with the eating plan, determining to challenge yourself to give up chocolate for a week....just like that. Cold turkey. Extremely difficult, coz you're taking a crutch away...And all round much more enthusiasm and positivity for what you can and have achieved.

In my book, you are definitely on fire right now. Please don't let the scales tell you otherwise......xxx
11 Jun 2016, 10:28
@Hazelnut20, thank you for your kind comments. My little disappointment yesterday has actually made me more determined to get rid of the weight. I meant to say the other day how can anyone not like jaffa cakes and my favourite colour is also purple. I hope you have a good day.
11 Jun 2016, 20:16
That's what I'm talkin' about! Listen to yourself @wildmissus - and then accept this pat on the back from me.

You really have an absolutely brilliant attitude towards and way of coping with, your latest "relative" disappointment of not losing as much as you'd hoped. You've just said that you are going to let the disappointment strengthen your resolve to lose weight - that is utterly mega! Words very nearly fail me....but not quite. Instead, I am bursting with pride for my buddy...

Right now, I would be thrilled at the prospect of losing 2lbs this week. For some reason, my scales aren't budging hardly a jot...even though I've stuck at it rigidly. Didn't have any lunch today as I was too busy cooking cakes etc for a job. Couldn't even spare the time to weigh & chop my strawberries...so went without. Without that much of a drama, either. Though I must say, it felt like every time I turned round, my husband was filling his face with carbs. Toasted tea cakes slathered in butter for breakfast, a cheese & ham white doorstep sandwich for lunch....he never seemed to stop eating! The funny thing is, all I recall thinking is "ooh, think of all the carbs and the blood sugar spikes!" Neither of us are diabetic....but I found myself thinking in those terms..in a slightly saintly fashion! Not only that, but I didn't envy him....whereas normally I would...because I would be feeling so deprived. Not feeling deprived right now....just determined to follow my own path....

Now, turning to more important matters:-

1) Very easily
2) They're plain chocolate....& I'm not old enough yet to eat plain chocolate
3) The orangy bit reminds me of marmalade..not jelly. Don't really like marmalade....
4) The cakey bit is neither fish nor fowl. Dry & reminiscent of a 3 day-old whisked fatless sponge. Not nearly moist or buttery enough to call it "cake" (if it were, I might eat it as I adore cake)
5) They're a total waste of calories....

Finally, glad you love purple! Shows you have excellent taste....

Catch up again tomorrow - hope your Sunday goes really well xxx
11 Jun 2016, 21:17
Excuse me if you think it i inappropriate to post this here on your thread, but I thought you might be interested in this discussion about food addictions. Don't be put off by the name of the link.

https://go2.thetruthaboutcancer.com/int ... e-thompson

Sorry, but the link doesn't actually take you to the discussion. There was interesting stuff about sugar and flour cravings and a questionnaire.
12 Jun 2016, 12:05
You are most welcome on here @bracken - particularly as you have your finger on the technical pulse way more than I! Please keep it coming....as I definitely appreciate it....and remember your support and insight from 2014 when I was here!

How go things for you these days? Good I hope....
12 Jun 2016, 12:44
Oh thankyou@Hazlenut20. That's very sweet of you.

I'm well. I've kept off the 4.5 stones I lost. My weight simply varies by a couple of pounds up or down. In truth, I'd probably like to lose a few more pounds, but I seem to have reached my set point, so I'll settle for that. I'm much slimmer and I must be healthier.
If you would like to see the video I tried to send please PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Very best wishes with your journey.
Bracken
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 6 of 11