Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

158 posts Page 3 of 11
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
Re: Wild 'n' Nuts!
08 Jun 2015, 19:26
Yes @hazelnut20 how did it go? I called in for news but none as yet...x
08 Jun 2015, 21:22
Ha! Still a little fragile....if I'm honest!

Had a wonderful time at my brother's 50th! He held it at Ham Yard Hotel - a 5* London establishment that is apparently one of the top 25 hotels in the.....world, would you believe?! Not the sort of place I usually frequent.

I found a fitted dress that had vibrant purple flowers on a charcoal background, cut just above the knee....and it blended in fine with what all the other ladies were wearing. That's what I like to do....nothing too risqué, nor hopefully too frumpy.......I came back to fasting in early March, especially for Saturday's party and even though I have only dropped around 10lbs....it has made all the difference to my confidence...so I felt quite good. When we were waiting for the coach to pick us up, two cars hooted my daughter & I.....and she swears she had her back to the traffic at the time! Although it was tacky, it was still a bit of a boost....and at nearly 53, I'll take whatever I can these days!

Goodness me...but it was posh! My daughter and I drank way too much....but what can you do when staff are standing around offering mojitos, champers & an amazing raspberry cocktail as soon as you drain your glass? Yes, dear readers, I sampled them all....and then moved onto the gin......completely forgetting to pace myself, or drink water in between! What a twerp.....

There was a photo booth with films of bossy people telling you what poses to strike - OMG I looked terrible in just about every picture....because I have a habit of opening my mouth really wide for photos....not a good look, I can tell you! That said, they will be a good memento of the night....

We bowled in their original 1950's bowling alley, whilst dancing to a jazz band. The rest of the night is a tad hazy, but there was food and an ice cream stall and a magician.....by all accounts!

Yesterday (the morning after the night before!) was not the best day of my life.....cue lots of coffee & headache pills. Still not quite myself today, but fasting has been relatively easy as a result....since I've been a bit queasy.

Ooh, @wildmissus, my buddy! Cracking result you've had this week - congratulations! 4lbs is totally mega! Mindfulness rocks, eh?? Am very proud of you!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day for Wk 1 of the Super Summer Challenge....so all my fingers are currently crossed!!

Will check back in 2moz, when hopefully I will be a bit more with it......xx
08 Jun 2015, 22:01
Ohh wow @hazelnut20 sounds like you had a ball AND were belle of the ball!
Everyone should have a posh occasion to go to at least once!
And just shows ...ten lb difference was enough to make all the difference!
Of course,if you felt like sharing any pix, we are all agog to see them! X
09 Jun 2015, 18:59
Your brother's party sounds amazing and a bit different. It's been a while since I had a big night out because it also takes me at least two days to recover. I had half a bottle of wine on Saturday night and I just couldn't sleep! What a weakling!!!

After the success of last week things aren't going so well this week. I've got the 'what the heck, just have it' attitude. Tomorrow I'll have a lean day - none of the usual rubbish! I hope you get on well with the scales tomorrow @Hazelnut20.
10 Jun 2015, 18:14
Sorry it's not going as well as last week, buddy. These things happen to so many of us and I can definitely relate to the "what the heck" state of mind that has us reaching for anything & everything!

Talking of reaching for things.....as you know, I returned from my weekend away feeling rather fragile. Yesterday, I was still feeling rough and, though it wasn't a fast day, I didn't want to eat normally (as in have dinner). My downfall came along when my youngest returned home from school with 10 blueberry muffins that she had made......

Well obviously, I had to test one immediately. And by golly, it was delicious! Since I hadn't eaten very much that day.....I decided to have another.....again, every bit as lovely as the first one.....

Jump forward about 3 hours and I decided I was not going to have a proper dinner....I'd have muffins instead. That's muffins plural!!! 4 to be exact......bringing my total for the day to a shocking 6.........

What was that all about then (other than scrummy)? Should I go and stand in the corner now??

Repeat after me: Work in progress, work in progress....and so on!!

PS. I practically force-fed my daughter's friend when he came round this afternoon.....now we're another 2 muffins down, thanks to him I am now on damage limitation, ha ha!! But....tomorrow is another (non-fast!) day......

PPS. They're no good when they're not fresh.....
10 Jun 2015, 18:21
Ooh, just did a mental muffin calculation......and realised I wasn't quite as naughty as I thought I had been!

Yep, thrilled to report that my total muffin consumption yesterday was, in fact, 5......rather than 6!

Who'd have thought anyone would be proud of such an admission?!!

PS. I do realise that 5 is nonetheless off-the-scale naughty.......
10 Jun 2015, 18:34
Tut, tut, tut.........and a bit of finger waving but it's not as bad as the profiterole incident :grin: . I just goes to show that we are all human. Sometimes I feel inferior when I read on the internet oabout people losing weight and being so good but on this forum we talk about the reality of trying to lose weight. I like that.
10 Jun 2015, 20:40
Yes, we are only human, but I think part of that is the way we focus on the negatives. I have many successful fasts, but I don't give them much thought, or dwell on them. My focus is always much more on my failings on non-fast days! Shaving off around 1500 calories in one day should definitely trump a relatively isolated incident of indulgence......but it doesn't!

Why is that???

Tell me how your day has gone, buddy.....
12 Jun 2015, 21:02
So buddy - what are you up to this weekend??

If teleporting had been invented by now, you could nip to Somerset on Sunday and join me at a pig & sheep racing afternoon!

It's a fundraiser we are doing for our community shop at a local farm. For the past two days, I have been part of "rentacrowd" - whooping & cheering as the sheep & pigs race round the courses...towards their food, to get the used to noise.

Tomorrow will find me in the kitchen....baking. I am going to make loads of cupcakes for the children that we are hoping will come! I have bought a ton of little pink chocolate piggy faces to decorate the cakes with....along with the obligatory sprinkles, of course...

My two daughters are running the ice cream stall - so I'm anxiously checking the forecast a few times a day & hoping we don't get stuck with tons of leftover ice cream! Hayley, the youngest, has insisted she has a badge that says "Staff" on it....because she doesn't think anyone will take her seriously at 11 years old, bless her!

Anyway, that's what we "rurally isolated" folk do at weekends......and we're really looking forward to it!

Hope you have a good one, whatever you are doing...
13 Jun 2015, 19:33
You really are a country bumpkin! Jen thinks that sheep racing is weird but I don't think she realises how weird she looks with a shaved head :grin: . I hope you and the 'staff' are having a great time and that the weather is holding up.

As I work on a Saturday my weekend has just started. No particular plans for the next couple of days but tomorrow I'd like to tidy up the house after painting the bathroom. It is amazing how much of a mess the whole house gets into when only one room is being done. The weather is meant to be nice on Monday so hopefully I'll be able to spend some badly needed time in the garden.
14 Jun 2015, 20:57
Very pleased to report that the pig & sheep racing was a rip roaring success.....with over 600 people estimated to have visited the farm!

Even more pleased to announce that we had no leftover ice cream! Got thru 24 litres of the stuff & used all 168 cones. Were also cleaned out of flakes....didn't even get the chance for a cheeky scoff of one! We ran out of burgers & cider - had to send out for extra supplies! I was kept very busy on the tote - many children were inveterate gamblers, it seems....

Do you work every Saturday, buddy? It must feel nice to know that you have another day to go of your weekend! I spent most of yesterday cooking for today...and now that it's over, it does feel like I haven't had much time...but hey ho, that sometimes how my weekends roll!

Has Jen's hair grown much? I still think it is an amazing thing for a young girl to do...no doubt you are still bursting with pride...

Rather proud of my 11 year old this week - she found £180 on her school bus last week and handed it in. Am chuffed that she knew it was the right thing to do, because quite a few kids told her not to bother....

Am not doing Mon/Wed/Fri this week, as am off to Bristol with friends tomorrow for a shopping trip...and a meal at Za Za Bazaar's....an all-you-can-eat establishment! Will atone for it on Tuesday, but after a number of trips there, I have learned to focus on quality over quantity...so that's good!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow, buddy!
15 Jun 2015, 12:24
Just poking my nose in here!
Well done to your daughter, @Hazelnut20, for being so honest. She's a real credit to you for knowing the right thing to do, despite her peers!
I am so glad that your fund-raising venture worked out so well. I couldn't remember if it was on Saturday or Sunday and I thought about you on Saturday in the incessant rain. I'm so pleased that it was a Sunday event! :smile:
16 Jun 2015, 12:55
Very nice to see you in here @stowgateresident!

Thank you so much for thinking of me over the weekend. We are all still buzzing after being run off our feet all day! Our community shop is massively important to us, so we try to do all we can to fundraise for it to ensure it can keep going. I volunteer there every Thursday...."playing shops" and can honestly say it's the best therapy ever! I can arrive there a little miserable from time to time....and within minutes I find myself cracking jokes & laughing my head off! Last Thursday, a chap came in to buy some wine - British wine, as it happens.

"What's it like then?" says I.
"Don't know" says he, "never had it before".
"Well, I shall expect a full report from you next time you come in here!" says I.
20 minutes later, the shop phone goes and he's on the line giving us a full analysis....! Bless...

If I'm in a particularly frivolous mood...I'll pass comment on the contents of shopping baskets...but only if the customers look like they will take it in good part! Some have even asked if the shop is always "this much fun?" "Only 12-2pm on a Thursday" says my friend & partner in crime....."come back next week if you fancy some more!"
16 Jun 2015, 13:50
@hazelnut20 your DD is an absolute credit to you
I hope if it isnt claimed,she gets it ..
If it IS claimed, i hope she gets a reward even tho i guess we shdnt really be rewarded..doing the right thing is its own reward..but i think she deserves it...doing the right thing at that age and despite peer pressure is very commendable.
Enjoyed hearing about yr shop! Always good to have a smile and a few lighthearted words isnt it...i volunteered in a charity shop and loved the banter there
My friends sister is always pulling peoples legs..she was in Tesco with my friend the other day,and when the check out girl told her how much the bill came to,my friend's sister said,What do you mean!i thought it was always free on Wednesdays! :lol:
Enjoy Za Za's! X
16 Jun 2015, 15:13
Buddy, your pig and sheep racing sounded like much fun and silliness. Up here, 2 Saturdays ago, we had our sailing club open day. The weather wasn't so good so we weren't expecting a big turn out but we sold out of the 250 burgers and then the extra 50 that we bought and the tombolas and cake stall were emptied in no time at all. I am the treasurer of the sailing club and I can tell you it was a very successful day!

Jen's hair is growing really fast. She has a tuft at the side which is growing faster than the rest of her hair. Her friends aren't rubbing her head so much, except one - she watched Jen have her hair shaved in utter horror and is now obsessed with her hair :lol: .

I do work every Saturday - I don't mind as OH and oldest daughter also work on a Saturday. I also like the buzz you get as it is so busy.

Your daughter did a great thing handing the money in. It is things like that when you realise that you've not done too bad a job as a parent. My oldest daughter has an interview tomorrow at Sainsbury's - in a different department from me. She currently only works 4 hours on a Saturday in a bakery cafe and as she is going to college in August would like to earn more money. Yesterday she got information through about grants and bursaries and announced that she really must get the job in Sainsbos as she doesn't qualify for any grants. I'm really pleased that she is taking responsibility for paying her way especially as she is only 16. As it is the bus will cost £80 a month, she needs to buy knifes and various uniforms and no doubt she won't be taking a pack lunch with her! She is doing cookery by the way. Thank goodness we don't have to pay for the tuition fees up here. We will help her financially but she doesn't know that yet.

On Sunday morning whilst I was still in my pjs I got a phone call from work - could I work on Monday. I figured that if they were phoning me at home then they must have been in a pickle so I said yes and my two days off became one. Because of that I got my finger out and got lots done. The garden looks much better now - weed free. I'm so glad I got it done as it is raining now. I also got the bathroom back together again after painting it, just got some sailing club stuff to do today. My team leader at work yesterday told me he loved me - it was a challenging day but I just got on with it and didn't cause him any problems :grin: .

I am having terrible trouble fasting. I think yesterday, a fast day, I ended up eating more than a normal day. I get to about 2 or 3 in the afternoon and I am starving and I end up just eating and eating. I am addicted to food especially the ones I shouldn't really have much of. I found a book on Amazon called Eating Less by Gillian Riley whose name I have seen quoted on the forum. I know....another self help book but I went on to her website and notice that she does affordable skype/telephone consultations. I've only just started reading the book and notice already that the focus is not on being over weight as the problem but over eating is the problem that causes the symptom of being over weight so it is all about changing your mindset. How are you getting on with your fast days and non fast days?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 Next
158 posts Page 3 of 11