The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

116 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
nursebean wrote: Well done @Cupcake it sounds as though it's all coming together nicely! How often do you fast?

I'm trying to fast for two days and stick to my TDEE on the other days but been struggling this week. Managed one day and then had two days where I fasted until 5ish and gave up. I do have a lot of weight to drop so I'm sure it won't always be so quick, but it's really nice to see the numbers go down. Very early days and I'm still learning. Can't wait to be in the next stone bracket though, I feel like a monster :(
With my binoculars, I can see that the field is nearing the first sharp corner and almost out of view. Wait! We have a new challenger at the starting mat! Let's give her a resounding cheer as she chases the pack!

Yaaaaay!

#0 - Fearless leader: DEXA scan scheduled tomorrow. BZzzzzt !

#1 @Cupcake - 14s 10 to 13s 13
Accepting the hills challenge (after a brief sideline consult). Down three pounds!

#2 @barbarita - goal protein limit.
Accepted the hills challenge, meeting goals. Hills: check, check, and...needs longer legs. (See note below.)

#3 @cblasz - currently cheering from the sidelines! (Hint. Try hills 2 and 3 as prep for that 5K.)

#4 @Pilchards - 13,200 steps for 6 of 7 days, 68.1kg to start (-2.1 kg goal)
7 of 7. Check. Valiantly huffin-n-puffin up hill #3. I hear cheers from the spectators.

#5 @carieoates - -6 pound target
½ pound down this week.

#6 @azureblue - defrosting -4kg (from 78kg)
Accepted the hills challenge. Wow, nice recovery from a brief stumble; now at 77.4! Anyone see her on hill three?

#7 @Katharina -7 pounds towards 126
Accepted the hills challenge. 50g carbs! Excellent. (Hint: You can subtract fiber from carbs to get net carbs.)

#8 @grannieannie - 1 pound a week, walk 5 days longer each time
-1 pounds this week! Still batting eye-lashes, taking selfies and fluttering hearts at the med' tent.

#9 @warriorprincess -1 pound a week for the duration of the challenge
???

#10 @nursebean - also -1 pound a week
Once again beating her goal with a 1.5 pound loss this week! (current: 10s 10) Otherwise high on a new low.

#11 @MelbMandy -2kg (aiming for 65kg)
Time out for diaper change? Flat tire on the carriage? Anyone?

#12 @piper -1 pound a week
???

#13 @CandiceMarie - honorary attendee
Cheering from the sidelines!

#14 @SammyIAm -1 pound each week(141 to start, to 137), 10K steps 4xweek
??? Averaging within 10K plan? Check. Another -1 week. (Considering hill #1 at 50g.)

#15 @Marni goal?? (from 76.6kg)
???

Welcome to our new challenger!
#16 @Matillian -1 pound a week (from 136)

Please report weekly progress by Friday each week (Saturday for the down unders). finish line April 30th.

Hills challenge Notes:

1. Tips of fork and knife (or spoons!) point horizontally outward towards the sides from the bottom of your fist. Handles nearly touching (2cm apart) and near your thumbs on the inside (palms down). Better, worse? :smile:

Edits: Minor updates.
#4 reporting in. Apologies for my tardiness fearless leader. I was at the Gym. Will provide a note in future! No loss this week despite 2 good fasts and 7/7 on Fitbit target. Not concerned as I know from experience that this happens from time to time and having lost 8kgs since mid Jan it is just my system re adjusting. Feel great and look forward to your next mini-challenge.
Today's weight:- 76.9kgs
Hill 1:- today's carbs 40g
Hill 2:- 30 toe risers, still ouch my calves!
Hill 3:- 30 achieved at last :0)

p.s. Bought a jar of organic Gaea Greek green olives today, just ate 3 and they're lovely; they're in water, sea salt and lemon juice :0)
Hi I'm down a whole pound.
Tuesday Thursday fasts next week .
Got to mix it up and back to work on Monday so will ease myself in gently.
#7 Gained back my super loss of last week inspite of low carb and averaging below TDEE!
Hey ho! Back to the beginning again, exercising too......
I have had this happen often before and am not discouraged, knowing how hard the last lap to goal can be.
Managed all 3 hills yesterday - thanks for the clarification on the correct cutlery form @adfnfuel. If only I could find a food supplement that makes legs grow.
Today's weight:- 76.7kgs
Hill 1:- carbs = 93g whoops!
Hill 2:- toe risers = 30 *ouch still*
Hill 3:- cutlery stand/sits = 30 at last!
Wrote a post on Friday saying success as lost my target of 1lb for week, but it wouldn't register either Friday or yesterday. Anyway, delighted with loss, and if I can do that for next 10 weeks I will be ecstatic. On we go down the road to Slimtown. Good luck everyone. Thanks for support and motivation.
Azureblue wrote: Hill 2:- toe risers = 30 *ouch still*

I sincerely apologize for the delay @Azureblue but also realized an additional something quite late last night (#3 below) technique-wise that should be beneficial:

First, let's fix achy leg muscles:

1. Stand on a step as if you were going to go up; hold onto the railing. Move backward slightly so that your toes are at the edge of the step. Now let your feet relax slowly so that your heels drop as far as is comfortable towards the next step down. This will gently stretch both the arches of your feet and the calf muscles on both sides. If a bit too much to do both at once, do one at a time for a measured 30 seconds each by gently supporting your weight with the other mostly straightened leg. This will get much easier as the seconds tick by. Then do both at the same time for an additional 60 seconds. Be extra careful when you move away from the step. Both legs should feel immensely better after that.

2. If they still feel somewhat achy in the evening before bed, do #1 again but for just 15-30 seconds. If they continue to ache the next morning try 15-30 seconds again, then skip the entire day for extra recovery time.

An important technique check for Hill #2:

3. Be certain that your heels touch the ground as the end of each repetition. If they don't, your calf muscles can get very angry with what can become an unrelenting contraction for the full 30 count. Just touching the heel allows that muscle to relax for a very important moment.
barbarita wrote: Managed all 3 hills yesterday - thanks for the clarification on the correct cutlery form @adfnfuel. If only I could find a food supplement that makes legs grow.

Yes!

It's been my experience that nice things come in small packages. Height wise, I've tried for nearly forever to make my wife a bit taller by pulling gently up during a hug. So far I've managed a 1 cm (1/2"') increase; or maybe that's just me being shortened by1 cm.
I have shrunk 2 inches. That made my BMI 3 points higher, without gaining any more weight. I like that hug therapy.
#16 Updating
I'm down from 76.6 to 76.2kg
I forgot to mention my goal, 74.5kg
:)
#6 here :0)
Weight 76.9kgs
Getting a bit bunged so may have some prunes later though they will sky my carbs :0.
Hill 1:- carbs = 77g
Hill 2:- toe risers = 30 completed
Hill 3:- cutlery stand/sits = 30 completed
We've been walking in the woods today so my step score is a good 8000+, hurrah!
Oh dear, lost focus owing to an influx of bouncy grandchildren :0)
Today's weight a crummy 77.8kgs as a result :0(
Life's for living and hugging cuddly kids so it doesn't matter in the Great Scheme of Things, so hey ho and onwards anyway :0)
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
116 posts Page 5 of 8